British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Peterborough 2nd Leg Ko Cup - Even Newer Date 20/10/17 At 7pm

Fingers crossed that Jack Holder makes a full recovery and can race in the final for the team he loves and wants to ride for in 2018!

Is it possible for him to even make it back from Oz if he is feeling unwell?

I think its such a shame how the 2nd half of the season has turned out for Glasgow.

They have done so much right to improve the whole approach to promoting and running a club really showing the way that others should follow.

To see matters fall apart on track as it has must be galling.

All the best to the Tigers 👍

Thing's pretty much imploded one infamous night at Berwick and went downhill at a rapid rate from there.

If only some off these riders had the same drive and ambition our owners have.

But alas with the exception of one or two the rest need to ask themselves if they really gave it there all.

• Like 1

Somebody should have told Aaron that averages dont count in the cup.

Think some already know they are not being invited back, Aaron must have known since July as he has been poor at best and not to be relied upon when required.

Same can be said of Lawson but to a lesser extent.

AS has been major league poor this year. He was immense in 2015 & 2016 but has gone back to being the rider he was prior to joining Glasgow. Time to move on.

• Like 1

A pain killing injection for a virus?

How does that work?

• Like 2

Think Ulrich showed tonight with a good captains performance that there is still life in him and maybe his inclusion in the team was justified

• Like 2

Glasgow's day will come. Not much in the way of silverware so far, but the club is almost unrecognisable to what it was a few years ago. The stadium had received a huge upgrade, the social media exposure is the envy of the sport, crowds are getting bigger, I only hope the owners don't stop the progress they are making. I would like to see them trying to bring some local talent through now. Personally I think the club are great for the sport.

• Like 8

AS has been major league poor this year. He was immense in 2015 & 2016 but has gone back to being the rider he was prior to joining Glasgow. Time to move on.

Don't think anyone can argue with anything in that post, and i guess Aaron probably knows himself it is time to go.

Thing's pretty much imploded one infamous night at Berwick and went downhill at a rapid rate from there.

Summers seized his main engine that night and struggled thereafter.

If only some off these riders had the same drive and ambition our owners have.

But alas with the exception of one or two the rest need to ask themselves if they really gave it there all.

I know it's no consolation to you but I think Ipswich will be far too strong for Peterborough over 2 legs and a reflection of this is of them being 2nd in the league table so it would be rather fitting for Sheffield as league winners and 2nd placed Ipswich to win the cup but it's still all to play for , so I suppose anything is still possible. hope you have better luck for next season.

A pain killing injection for a virus?

How does that work?

That's right stick the needle in.

• Like 2

I know it's no consolation to you but I think Ipswich will be far too strong for Peterborough over 2 legs and a reflection of this is of them being 2nd in the league table so it would be rather fitting for Sheffield as league winners and 2nd placed Ipswich to win the cup but it's still all to play for , so I suppose anything is still possible. hope you have better luck for next season.

You have to be in it to win it i wouldn't dimiss your chances.

I couldn't make tonight but the Panthers must have been very resiliant and that counts for a lot in any sport.

Edited by Gazc

Glasgow's day will come. Not much in the way of silverware so far, but the club is almost unrecognisable to what it was a few years ago. The stadium had received a huge upgrade, the social media exposure is the envy of the sport, crowds are getting bigger, I only hope the owners don't stop the progress they are making. I would like to see them trying to bring some local talent through now. Personally I think the club are great for the sport.

They are, as long as they retain their enthusiasm. Hopefully a lack of silverware and an amateurish governing body dont dent that.

• Like 2

Apologies on my reply to NEP, posting on my phone often goes haywire.

Edited by Gazc

Maybe Scott Nicholls to guest for Holder if his average fits?

I'd say that would make sense for both legs tbh

• Like 1