British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

If Mondays and Thursdays were to be the chosen race nights for the PL, Sheffield, Ipswich and Redcar would suffer if they stayed in the CL. If the PL chose Mondays and Wednesdays, only Swindon and those riding in Denmark would suffer. It seems to me that the second option would suit more British supporters than the first one.

Sheffield seem to want to stay in the CL, unless a big sponsor comes forward, but if Thursdays were to be a PL race night, Sheffield would try to go for Wednesdays, with Sundays as the alternative.

• Like 1

If Mondays and Thursdays were to be the chosen race nights for the PL, Sheffield, Ipswich and Redcar would suffer if they stayed in the CL. If the PL chose Mondays and Wednesdays, only Swindon and those riding in Denmark would suffer. It seems to me that the second option would suit more British supporters than the first one.

Sheffield seem to want to stay in the CL, unless a big sponsor comes forward, but if Thursdays were to be a PL race night, Sheffield would try to go for Wednesdays, with Sundays as the alternative.

Why will Redcar suffer? A big portion of Redcar fans are new and they dont realise the history behind and we have a lot of families, me included and Friday's or Saturday's will be much better to take my kids. Complete fallacy to suggest every side will suffer.

Forcing Championship clubs to change race night is a poor solution to the problems in the sport IMO.

Why? In 2017 20% of riders who rode in Premiership or Championship meetings were guests. I don't know the reasons but it's probably fair to say an equal number in both leagues were due to doubling up clashes. If we're going to have doubling up then we need fixed race nights and the situation has got out of hand now. And riders double up as much in the Championship as the Premiership, so why should only the Premiership make changes to fix this situation?

Why will Redcar suffer? A big portion of Redcar fans are new and they dont realise the history behind and we have a lot of families, me included and Friday's or Saturday's will be much better to take my kids. Complete fallacy to suggest every side will suffer.

Surely, if the Redcar promotion preferred Fridays or Saturdays to Thursdays, they would have changed before now.

Surely, if the Redcar promotion preferred Fridays or Saturdays to Thursdays, they would have changed before now.

Because historically Thursday is the Redcar(Middlesbrough) race night. Point is new speedway fans might prefer either the alternative Friday or Saturday.

Why? In 2017 20% of riders who rode in Premiership or Championship meetings were guests. I don't know the reasons but it's probably fair to say an equal number in both leagues were due to doubling up clashes. If we're going to have doubling up then we need fixed race nights and the situation has got out of hand now. And riders double up as much in the Championship as the Premiership, so why should only the Premiership make changes to fix this situation?

Sort out the double -up situation.

Would prefer to stay on Thursday and I cant understand why three championship clubs will have to change race nights as opposed to on PL club.

Sundays would be the only viable opportunity for me but it would need to be evening not in the afternoon to ruin the whole of Sunday

there would also be clashes in the early and late season with football potentially being on a Sunday as well

So if we swap to Wednesday I will only be going to the odd match and to rearranged matches that are on a alternative race night

Would prefer to stay on Thursday and I cant understand why three championship clubs will have to change race nights as opposed to on PL club.

Sundays would be the only viable opportunity for me but it would need to be evening not in the afternoon to ruin the whole of Sunday

there would also be clashes in the early and late season with football potentially being on a Sunday as well

So if we swap to Wednesday I will only be going to the odd match and to rearranged matches that are on a alternative race night

ditto but would prefer say a 5.00 or 6.00pm start just in case the ambulance is late!!

So we've got a 42.5 limit. Wouldn't mind something along the lines of

1. Howarth

2. Campton/M Riss/kurtz

3. Bjerre

4. Bates

5. Garrity

6. Sarjeant

7. Wood

1. Howarth - Yes

2. Campton/M Riss/kurtz - Ideally M Riss

3. Bjerre - Yes

4. Bates - yes

5. Garrity - No thank you not in a million years.

6. Sarjeant - nope

7. Wood - Yes

Definitely not Garrity or Sarjeant. Would like to see Cameron Heeps in the team, as I feel that he will have a good season.

Definitely not Garrity or Sarjeant. Would like to see Cameron Heeps in the team, as I feel that he will have a good season.

Agree with this post. Would this fit the 42.5 limit ? Any info much appreciated.

Grajzconek

Heeps

Bjerre

Bates

Howarth

Graversen/ Jenkins

Wood

?

I understand not having Garrity, he is a risk, but I honestly think Sarj on a 3.20 average is absolutely worth it. Obviously had a terrible season, but I think he'll absolutely bounce back this season coming.