British Speedway Forum

Have the averages been confirmed then? So far I have seen about three different averages for Ben, Zach and Adam.

At the moment the only way I can get it to work is that:

1. The conversion is still 1.2

2. Zach and Max then get a 2.5% reduction.

thus 42.44

At the moment the only way I can get it to work is that:

1. The conversion is still 1.2

2. Zach and Max then get a 2.5% reduction.

thus 42.44

Bad luck then because it's 1.3 conversion for all Championship teams for 2018, looks as though you're going to have to a make a change. I can't see how Clegg would get 2.5 reduction either.

• Like 1

No way does that side fit, but even if it does it's not a title winning side imo

According to this week's Star, Nicholls and Kennett were being lined up for the Hammers before that rule was brought in for next season, that effectively bans them from the Championship. Glad to see our promotion still put together a decent team despite those set backs.

• Like 1

Well you havent put together a side yet, as its illegal..... as never fits, so we shall see

Well you havent put together a side yet, as its illegal..... as never fits, so we shall see

Unless Brians info from the Boro forum about the multiplier being 1.3 has not been put in place....

Unless Brians info from the Boro forum about the multiplier being 1.3 has not been put in place....

Nothing surprises me about the shambles the BSPA are creating , transparency Chapman promised, well that soon fell by the wayside .

Seems like a lot of experts on here who claim to know the averages, I gave up years ago, only the bspa knows the true figure that each rider will be allocated and it’s those that count, not what joe bloggs think X rider is worth.

Cant belive the club would announce the team without it being checked by the people that matter, Ill be amazed if this team needs changing. I did see Nicholls tweet last night saying him and Kennett have been stopped from riding in the championship, that really is a disgrace and to think speedway is their income.

• Like 1

Cant belive the club would announce the team without it being checked by the people that matter, Ill be amazed if this team needs changing. I did see Nicholls tweet last night saying him and Kennett have been stopped from riding in the championship, that really is a disgrace and to think speedway is their income.

I assume the line-up must be right as it has been announced on the BSPA website.

I assume the line-up must be right as it has been announced on the BSPA website.

That section is just for rider announcements made by the clubs.

There is a line in the text that states all teams are subject to BSPA ratification.

You would however hope that the correct averages/conversion rate are known by promoters - but its not a given.....

• Like 1

On the 2018 thread it has ZW as a 2 pointer..That's defo not right..he has prem average. So it should be 4.21 minus reduction if he gets one

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

He 'acheived' a two point average for Somerset in 2016 though did he not?

Edited by Gordon Bennett

He 'acheived' a two point average for Somerset in 2016 though did he not?

It was previously possible for a 2nd tier rider to 'dip their toe' in the top league in the knowledge that they could re enter tier 2 after 1 season out on the previously achieved average rather than a conversion if it didnt work out rather than be saddled with an unattractive conversion.

However ZW is not dropping back down - he is doubling up - so it isnt that it hasnt worked out.

Also with the reset of averages in 2017 that realligned makes the situation less relevant going forward.

Zach on a 2.00 average, lovely stuff.

Even using his 2016 figure he was above 2
  • Like 1