British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

38 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Injury replacements are not allowed.

I thought they were Neil, as long as they were your assets.

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

42 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I thought they were Neil, as long as they were your assets.

I don’t believe so - Art 16.3.4 reads: No Team changes will be allowed after 12TH August with the effective date being 15th August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA with their replacement being released.

• Thanks 1

Despite his big upturn in form I think Callum Walker could be victim of this, with him effectively being rested so a guest can be used for Danyon.

That gives you back 4 heat leaders and walker rr = 1 heat leader and 3 reserve rides.

Which is far stronger then 3 heat leaders and, Hume rr = flint, walker plus 2 reserve rides.

• Like 2

Guest GiveusaB

Just a question/idea ?
Obviously Dan Gilkes is streets ahead of Callum and our reserves and no doubt we all want to see him riding for us?
I'm confused as to why this hasn't happened yet? especially with him tearing up the MDL meetings?

Ok, I've heard that he doesn't want an average to affect next seasons team possibilities?
Well, why not use him as a number 8 and use him to get just 3 points ?(put him in to nullify the opposition's best reserve?) 3 points will/could be the difference between us winning/losing ? (Monday/Kent being an example?)
Failing that......don't you have to complete 4 meetings to gain an average?
Why not use him tonight against Coventry? and then Plymouth/Coventry away? just 3 meetings? 3 meetings that will affect our final league position!!!

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Just a question/idea ?
Obviously Dan Gilkes is streets ahead of Callum and our reserves and no doubt we all want to see him riding for us?
I'm confused as to why this hasn't happened yet? especially with him tearing up the MDL meetings?

Ok, I've heard that he doesn't want an average to affect next seasons team possibilities?
Well, why not use him as a number 8 and use him to get just 3 points ?(put him in to nullify the opposition's best reserve?) 3 points will/could be the difference between us winning/losing ? (Monday/Kent being an example?)
Failing that......don't you have to complete 4 meetings to gain an average?
Why not use him tonight against Coventry? and then Plymouth/Coventry away? just 3 meetings? 3 meetings that will affect our final league position!!!

The hope in Kent is that he may ride 4 meetings and the play offs for us. (*fat thumbs Should say 3 meetings)

Edited by teaboy279

27 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

The hope in Kent is that he may ride 4 meetings and the play offs for us.

Now that would be quite the coup. I think he would be daft to ride more than 3 meeting and jeopardise his chances of signing as a 3 pointer next year but if Kent could land his services for the play offs it would ruffle several feathers. Talented as he is though it would be a shame if the results of the play offs are decided by who can land the services of one single reserve.

Guest GiveusaB
27 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Interesting ??? (he can only ride 3 meetings......to avoid an average..... I think ?)

He's riding for 'B'ham's' MDL team at the moment, so I'd have thought our management would've already struck up an agreement with him?

We'll have to wait and see, but everyone's tight lipped at the moment!

Your idea of resting Walker and using a guest for Danyon's cover is definitely our only option if we want to have any hope of  play off success ?

Guest GiveusaB
2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Now that would be quite the coup. I think he would be daft to ride more than 3 meeting and jeopardise his chances of signing as a 3 pointer next year but if Kent could land his services for the play offs it would ruffle several feathers. Talented as he is though it would be a shame if the results of the play offs are decided by who can land the services of one single reserve.

Believe me, Kent and Birmingham will need more than young Dan to beat Mildenhall over 2 legs........imo

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

Replacing who? William?

Edited by adz_mft

1 hour ago, adz_mft said:

Replacing who? William?

Tbf you know with terrace talk the finer details aren't discussed, when gets round to choosing a rider to drop, none deserve it.

Think William is pretty close to fitness, and Alex is banged about a bit too. Jamie been doing a good job for us as well (but I suspect we will try to preserve his 3.0 for next year.) Kent have always stuck with our riders when it comes to the play offs and we 've got stung by the likes of Brennan, Kemp, Edwards etc.

Let's face it Mildenhall have assembled the best NL side probably ever, and only severe back luck in the trophy meetings will prevent them clearing up the trophies. And Eastbourne always have their home advantage over 2 legs. 

Brummies have a stellar top 4, and Kent are strong right through the team,  most discussions went along the lines that whilst both sides looked great Monday, both will almost certainly need a heavy hitter "ringer" at reserve. 

Marketing slogan for Birmingham in 2019 - "Seven-Man-Brummies - See them while you can"

• Like 1

Marketing slogan for Birmingham for the rest of 2018 - "Six-Man-Brummies - See them while you can"

On 8/28/2018 at 9:33 PM, NeilWatson said:

I really hope all the promoters this winter agree to amend the regulations to allow clubs to find a replacement for injured riders any time of the season. The point of the transfer window should be to stop clubs strengthening at the last min before the playoffs and gaining an unfair advantage. Its grossly unfair to penalise clubs that have just been unlucky and are in no way gaining an advantage. If the promoters actually listened to the fans then I guarantee most fans think this rule is crazy. 

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Brummie Kev said:

I really hope all the promoters this winter agree to amend the regulations to allow clubs to find a replacement for injured riders any time of the season. The point of the transfer window should be to stop clubs strengthening at the last min before the playoffs and gaining an unfair advantage. Its grossly unfair to penalise clubs that have just been unlucky and are in no way gaining an advantage. If the promoters actually listened to the fans then I guarantee most fans think this rule is crazy. 

I have to agree with the above when a rider has genuinely been injured and perhaps with the proviso that the signing is for the remainder of the season & that we don't see a surge of riders leaving teams who are not in the play offs to join teams who are. 

Ironically if teams were allowed to strengthen and Brum had signed a rider like Greenwood for Hume again prior to Walker being injured it would have left Brum weaker as it will now be RR for Walker whatever and a choice of guests for Hume until the playoff begin when the choices are limited to riders from teams outside the play offs? I would be tempted to get Ben Wilson on standby & get him a few home laps in prior to the play offs. 

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
11 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Marketing slogan for Birmingham for the rest of 2018 - "Six-Man-Brummies - See them while you can"

Make that '5' ????