British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Grachan said:

You have 2 minutes. You have 2 minutes.

Not 2 minutes to garden.  ;)

Just now, stevebrum said:

You have two minutes to do what you like, as long as you remain stride your motorcycle and facing the direction of racing.

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

They can do what they want in those 2 minutes, surely? Otherwise why have it?

I don't see why it is ok for one rider to go and have a wee, sit around in the pits, then come out onto the track with seconds to spare, but it's not ok for a rider to come out in plenty of time and do a bit of pre-racing ritual before the two minutes expire.

46 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

That might be ok but with continual grading it would not be long before the concrete slab ends up one or half an inch above the shale and what then happens to the bike when it hits it at 60 mph and takes off.  A slab would also damage any blade used to reshape the track.

That's what I was thinking. On most tracks the riders are still slightly sideways over the start finish line.Cant see that working at all.

Just now, Grachan said:

They can do what they want in those 2 minutes, surely? Otherwise why have it?

I don't see why it is ok for one rider to go and have a wee, sit around in the pits, then come out onto the track with seconds to spare, but it's not ok for a rider to come out in plenty of time and do a bit of pre-racing ritual before the two minutes expire.

Some riders do more gardening than others. I've seen certain riders arrive at the tapes with little time to spare suddenly want to dig as well and the start Marshall have to signal them to hurry up. As previously stated clocks need to be on all centre greens so there can be no extra time allowed.

Sure I'd read that riders could do what they wanted under the green light as long as they don't touch the tapes??

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Some riders do more gardening than others. I've seen certain riders arrive at the tapes with little time to spare suddenly want to dig as well and the start Marshall have to signal them to hurry up. As previously stated clocks need to be on all centre greens so there can be no extra time allowed.

Exclude them under the 2 minutes then, if it's expired.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Start marshals need to be tougher and so do the refs too.

However I'm not sure why riders can't 'garden' stood up, on the bike, doing hand stands or whatever they like as long as they are in contact with the bike and within the 2 minutes.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Start marshals need to be tougher and so do the refs too.

However I'm not sure why riders can't 'garden' stood up, on the bike, doing hand stands or whatever they like as long as they are in contact with the bike and within the 2 minutes.

Well you had better ring the BSPA then, and make your complaint.

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Sure I'd read that riders could do what they wanted under the green light as long as they don't touch the tapes??

Same here.

I Said on Twitter straight after heat 15 how can we have an unsatisfactory start when I'm.sureni read that you can only stop a race for a tape Infringment out the start. 

Edited by Phil The Ace

9 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I Said on Twitter straight after heat 15 how can we have an unsatisfactory start when I'm.sureni read that you can only stop a race for a tape Infringment out the start. 

That's how I read it .

Its seems the original talk of rollers being allowed isnt so.

The only change appears to be tape touching exclusion now for any part of rider or bike touching tapes rather than just the bike.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Its seems the original talk of rollers being allowed isnt so.

The only change appears to be tape touching exclusion now for any part of rider or bike touching tapes rather than just the bike.....

I had Sarj to up his 2.5 ave to 4.5 :angry:

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

I had Sarj to up his 2.5 ave to 4.5 :angry:

To be fair he is good for that without the rollers if he gets his head down IMO