British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

23/07/2018 - Premiership - Swindon V Leicester (Live on BT Sport)

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

so you tell me what stops Swindon speedway getting on the speedway track ??

The owners of the stadium would be my guess, we rent it from them & their main income is the dogs. It’s the main reason we can’t race many Wednesday’s, the bags is on. 

Im bored of arguing as I agree that the track is dog crap & it’s a poor advert, something needs to be done. 

Edited by hyabb17

The way it's going, the Swindon fans who couldn't go tonight because of the change of race nights will still be able to catch the end of the fixture on Thursday. 

Edited by moxey63

11 minutes ago, Col said:

This is a terrible spectacle.

When you get an 'advert' for the Sport like you had on Saturday it must have brought a few extra people to the Stadium or maybe tuned in to watch on BT...

They possibly would have thought "I'll give this another go".....

Bet they regret it now...

I do sometimes think that if those in charge of the Sport tried to shoot themselves in the foot they would miss...

(Just watching heat 8 and the rider in the Brown helmet is leading the rider in the Brown helmet, from the rider in the Brown helmet who is well in front of the man bringing up the rear in the Brown helmet)..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Im here!!! I was looking over my shoulder all weekend in Cardiff in case Starman was waiting to run me over but then I remembered he wouldn't ever crawl out of Fords arse so I would be ok.

I was worried for your safety! 

Bad bad track prep coming home to roost.:sad:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Well laid down Connor Mountain

Wish I had gone for one now.

As when I go along with Poole, the Swindon boys have their bikes setup to rocket out of the starts.

7 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I was worried for your safety! 

It was the 20 pints and slippery floor in the walkabout  that nearly done me!

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As when I go along with Poole, the Swindon boys have their bikes setup to rocket out of the starts.

They'd be foolish to do anything else on this track. Don't need to worry about anyone behind.

18 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

For someone who has had lots of sympathy from speedway fans why would you feel the need to make that sort of comment?.

What comments that ? I was mearly stating clearly there are a lot of stay away Swindon fans now, and thats how he came across. Now many of you are moaning, and yes looking at the track its pretty dire. Now perhaps somebody preferably from Swindon could tell me in plain English, do you have Dogs on a monday afternoon ?
Because if you dont, that track apart from being watered regulary during the day in between grading should have been drowned at 4.30..  Looking at the dust it looks like you have the same junk that  several other tracks got and took off.

27 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No Excuse last race 2pm !!!!

Do you realise how long it takes to properly prepare a track ?