British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not Swindon, should do it! :D

So that’s one off the list!!

43 minutes ago, ray c said:

Most poole supporters are decent people like yourself it becomes quite embarrassing by some poole supporters agree about niels he has been racing speedway a long time and is entitled to his opinion :t:

His opinion is his and in the minority.  Most are saying the Poole track is in very good shape, as witnessed by the big crowd there on Wednesday night.

14 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Define a good track.

1. A track where both teams have an equal chance of winning.

2. A track which has plenty of racing lines.

3. A track that has a record of plenty of passing.

4. A track surface that is reasonably consistent week after week. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

His opinion is his and in the minority.  Most are saying the Poole track is in very good shape, as witnessed by the big crowd there on Wednesday night.

Leave it alone Steve, As i said to a couple of Sponsors on Weds night, when this club is right its the best in the  country by a million miles... And hopefully, we will go on to prove that.. Doesnt matter what anybody else thinks. They can think what they like.

Just now, A ORLOV said:

Oh dear Orlov, your place slips up on all 4 counts mate...

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHEN did he do it? During or after the meeting?

After the meeting Phil, but Matt has now sorted it. End of discusion..

Poole’s track when in good shape, as it is now, is second only to Belle Vue. I have been to all tracks many times.  The shape of the Poole track is good, there is passing off every bend and its fast racing. The Belle Vue track is excellent and new with great design. A shame the idiot who planted out Leicesters track got it so wrong.

Kings Lynns track used to be decent but has gone completely to the dogs. Nearly always gate and go bar Lamberts blasts. Swindons is dire gate and go. Somerset can be decent at times but often very average. Wolverhamptons toy trick track is bloody awful.

Yes I am aware it’s down to personal taste but for people who haven’t seen the Poole track after it’s upgrade, they are just haters for the sake of hating.

3 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Sounds exactly like Poole and Belle Vue, though all tracks have a home advantage.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Oh dear Orlov, your place slips up on all 4 counts mate...

Unfortunately mostly correct, but that is not down to me. 

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone actually confirmed it was a Poole mechanic/official that spilled the oil on the track?  Just asking................;)

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone actually confirmed it was a Poole mechanic/official that spilled the oil on the track?  Just asking................;)

I thought we had moved on from that subject Skidder and now your surfacing it again!!! Quite why, I don’t know. However, I know most of the mechanics and can confirm it wasn’t any of them. I can also confirm it wasn’t Matthew Ford as he doesn’t get his hands dirty. Also the oil on the track was too dirty to be speedway engine oil. 

40 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Thank you for that. So that puts Belle Vue at the top of the list (which is hardly surprising as is took 10 years to build and was specifically designed as a speedway facility). With Poole and Somerset 2nd and 3rd (don’t mind much which way round). Then if we bring into play things like facilities e.g. grand stands, seating and pits etc. Poole doesn’t fair too badly. In essence, if our track staff can keep up the good work on the track, Poole appears to provide all that is required of a Speedway Stadium. I’m not saying it can’t be improved, sure it can but, when compared to the rest. Well!!!!!!

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

the guy walked out from the tractor area where the public arent allowed carrying a plastic drum with the top cut off and poured it in 4 different places other track staff were with him.do you think a fan has gone through the turnstile carrying an open drum of oil,i always take drinks,sandwiches and chocolate but have to admit never a drum of oil lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, poole keith said:

the guy walked out from the tractor area where the public arent allowed carrying a plastic drum with the top cut off and poured it in 4 different places other track staff were with him.do you think a fan has gone through the turnstile carrying an open drum of oil,i always take drinks,sandwiches and chocolate but have to admit never a drum of oil lol

Wouldn't put anything past some Poole fans:P :D They be a funny lot down in Dorset:P

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Wouldn't put anything past some Poole fans:P :D They be a funny lot down in Dorset:P

Not that funny oh perhaps your right :nono: