British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Ipswich 24.08.18 SGBC

Hopefully Louis has Kemp signed and sealed for next season already..... What a performance. 

Proper thumping for the Scunny that,Ipswich were on it from the off and rode brilliantly,and Scunny ,with the excepetion of JG were total garbage to be be frank

after his first race id have given Campton £20 and pointed him towards the A1,he was shocking

But,,,,,,,,take a bow Drew Kemp,what a performance that was,and to be honest i think it the age limit for this league needs to be looked at as to me it seems a bit stupid that a talent like that has only just started in our league due to not being 16,the lad is more than good enough and feel Ipswich should have be able to use him all season.a full seaon at 15 under Chris Louis would have benefited him more that the NL

maybe the age limit needs to be looked at over the winter to get lads like Drew riding ,,,, food for thought

hope the injury to SW isnt to serious

Don't think anyone's mentioned it but it was great to see Gino looking a lot better last night too. If he can post scores like that and when Jake and Josh get back. Scunny might just have a chance in their semi finals. I have no doubt that things will come right for Stefan and Steve.

• Like 1

According to the Scunthorpe speedway site  it was Redcar at the EDW last night !! Just about sums it up.  I recon that there is not one black cat left in Scunthorpe now . After last nights injuries every member of the team has now missed meetings at some time in the season .I feel sorry for Rob, as imo he put a very good side together at the start ,and  with all the injuries things just have not worked out. Lets hope that the team progresses in the two semi finals yet to come and something can be saved of the season.

33 minutes ago, montie said:

Proper thumping for the Scunny that,Ipswich were on it from the off and rode brilliantly,and Scunny ,with the excepetion of JG were total garbage to be be frank

after his first race id have given Campton £20 and pointed him towards the A1,he was shocking

But,,,,,,,,take a bow Drew Kemp,what a performance that was,and to be honest i think it the age limit for this league needs to be looked at as to me it seems a bit stupid that a talent like that has only just started in our league due to not being 16,the lad is more than good enough and feel Ipswich should have be able to use him all season.a full seaon at 15 under Chris Louis would have benefited him more that the NL

maybe the age limit needs to be looked at over the winter to get lads like Drew riding ,,,, food for thought

hope the injury to SW isnt to serious

His only impressive showing so far though seemed to of struggled in his other meetings ?

46 minutes ago, Pinny said:

His only impressive showing so far though seemed to of struggled in his other meetings ?

only had 2 meetings and at 16 filled his boots in his 3rd meeting at this level   thats not bad going

cant help but think where he would be if he had rode all season,the lad has talent,use it

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Took Bickley from the back at Worky then made a mistake and was repassed he also rode in the very difficult  home meeting v a very difficult Peterborough side then last nights tremendous paid fourteen so paid 15 points in three meetings a great start.These meetings are all about enjoying it and learning off the likes of Louis/Hawkins this lad is a prospect and his main asset I believe like  Bewley is  that he seems a very level headed young man.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Put that one in the running for stupidest comment of the year.

Junior

• Like 3

13 hours ago, cityrebel said:

My heart bleeds for the 'god'

Ayyyyy...that thing called Karma pops her head up again :rofl:

A lot of young Brits being over hyped lately IMO, Bickley a prime example cleaning up in the NL but cant buy a point in the Championship. 

Just now, Pinny said:

A lot of young Brits being over hyped lately IMO, Bickley a prime example cleaning up in the NL but cant buy a point in the Championship. 

I'd hardly say he was cleaning up in the NL tbh

2 tough 1st meetings for Drew (Not sure if he's ever seen Workington) but showed his potential last night by the looks of it.

Having had the luxury of seeing him all season he's progressing quickly.He has such a smart racing racing brain for 1 so young.I knew he'd do well this year but didn't think he'd do as well as he has 

27 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

I'd hardly say he was cleaning up in the NL tbh

2 tough 1st meetings for Drew (Not sure if he's ever seen Workington) but showed his potential last night by the looks of it.

Having had the luxury of seeing him all season he's progressing quickly.He has such a smart racing racing brain for 1 so young.I knew he'd do well this year but didn't think he'd do as well as he has 

Bickley was banging big scores everywhere in the NL last season and imo has came up a year too soon.

its all well and good saying hes never seen the track before yet other youngsters who come over from abroad have no issues scoring big points from positions in the 1-5 in their first meetings on a track.

21 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Bickley was banging big scores everywhere in the NL last season and imo has came up a year too soon.

its all well and good saying hes never seen the track before yet other youngsters who come over from abroad have no issues scoring big points from positions in the 1-5 in their first meetings on a track.

I agree i think Bickley has come up too early.

With regards to riders coming over from abroad.How many of them are just 16 year old? They are normally 18 or older.Another couple of years and I'm sure Drew would perform at a similar if not better level than these.Whatever happens he is a huge prospect.

• Like 1