British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I probably said we should drop him during the season, fair play to him he turned it around but why shouldn't fans moan when their riders are not performing.

You are not allowed to moan about Josh or Brady, anyone else is fine though ;)

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Josh didn't do the 17/18 Aussie season which probably explains in part why it took him so long to start scoring well for Poole - as well as not doing the Championship because he chose to ride on a Polish licence.

This winter he is contesting the Aussie Championships as well as some individual meetings so should at least start our season virtually race fit!!

The thread i started on the Australian championship doesn’t say he’s doing it.

22 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Heats 13 & 15 are going to be a big problem again. Shame the money has gone could've put an offer in for Greg Hancock.

Or anyone decent!

43 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Heats 13 & 15 are going to be a big problem again. Shame the money has gone could've put an offer in for Greg Hancock.

I think Hancock's deal in POL was probably more than what Matt's total wage bill will be in 2019. No wonder the crazy guy running Rzeszow came a cropper. Sounds a real shady character reading the various press articles on what he has been up to and defaulting here there and everywhere. Not surprising the POL Authorities refused the club a new licence for 2019.

I wonder if Josh will get fixed up elsewhere now as he was dropped by his team of last season and now ends up with probably no side due tho this crazy guy - unless someone comes along but then the likes of Hancock & Morris also caught up in it. Josh will be way out of pocket otherwise with only Prem as it stands. Let's hope somebody steps in.

Seems to me he was signing riders in volume.

56 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

No thank you sooner have smiler my self entertainment value :D

Edited by ray c

1 minute ago, ArthurRudge said:

So bets on who gets the chop first?

Now why would we want to do that.  Typical, The whole team has not been anounced, yet you are already looking to sack someone.   Jog along pal.

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Now why would we want to do that.  Typical, The whole team has not been anounced, yet you are already looking to sack someone.   Jog along pal.

Not worried about your paper boy job after this coming season are you?

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Why ? i dont see a problem with 13-15. Are you going to pay for Greggy ? He still has far to many commitments, and he's not going to bust a gut to come here at his age. Dear me.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Why ? i dont see a problem with 13-15. Are you going to pay for Greggy ? He still has far to many commitments, and he's not going to bust a gut to come here at his age. Dear me.

no Poland though :o

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

In a recent POL interview he said he was not doing the Aussie Champ as there was too much distance to travel to meetings from his home town area.

However he assured what he thought was his new club, that he was still planning to do some racing in Aussie in order to keep fit during the Winter.

Those plans will continue no doubt even though his new club have in effect blown up due to the unscrupulous dealings of their owner in several aspects of running the club and not making payments to all kinds of people or giving the required financial assurance docs to the authorities. Suppose it was too good to be true that this guy who had various biz interest would spring up out of nowhere and run a club in POL 2nd Div.  The  club offering Hancock meg-bucks (eye watering by even POL standards) plus other riders. We know for example even Morris had problems getting paid and may still be owed thousands as per the last I heard. Even Hancock at one stage refused to race last season but was able to get legal financial guarantees underwritten by the owners other trading company/ies thus ensuring he gets his money whatever happens. 

Not great news for Josh who is thousands of miles away in Aus and can hardly hop on a plane & pop over to POL to try and  secure a new club also after the transfer window closed. Although maybe some dispensation for situations like this as this guy signed a lot of riders, many of whom would rarely have got a ride.

Believe the POL window opens in May anyway but if he had bikes planned etc its a while to be out of pocket with only Prem money coming in plus he needs the meetings as he isn't doing Champ again due to doing POL (or so he thought).

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

no Poland though :o

Not as we speak but for sure he will be in demand. Assuming he lowers his financial demands.

Having said that I  saw somewhere that he has financial guarantees in place that mean he will get paid irrespective as his deal is underwritten legally by the owners other more successful business/es. The article said he doesn't need to panic to find another club at the moment due to this.

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

In a recent POL interview he said he was not doing the Aussie Champ as there was too much distance to travel to meetings from his home town area.

However he assured what he thought was his new club, that he was still planning to do some racing in Aussie in order to keep fit during the Winter.

Those plans will continue no doubt even though his new club have in effect blown up due to the unscrupulous dealings of their owner in several aspects of running the club and not making payments to all kinds of people or giving the required financial assurance docs to the authorities. Suppose it was too good to be true that this guy who had various biz interest would spring up out of nowhere and run a club in POL 2nd Div.  The  club offering Hancock meg-bucks (eye watering by even POL standards) plus other riders. We know for example even Morris had problems getting paid and may still be owed thousands as per the last I heard. Even Hancock at one stage refused to race last season but was able to get legal financial guarantees underwritten by the owners other trading company/ies thus ensuring he gets his money whatever happens. 

Not great news for Josh who is thousands of miles away in Aus and can hardly hop on a plane & pop over to POL to try and  secure a new club also after the transfer window closed. Although maybe some dispensation for situations like this as this guy signed a lot of riders, many of whom would rarely have got a ride.

Believe the POL window opens in May anyway but if he had bikes planned etc its a while to be out of pocket with only Prem money coming in plus he needs the meetings as he isn't doing Champ again due to doing POL (or so he thought).

Josh can't do Championship cos he's chosen to ride on a Polish licence.

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Apologies. I must have misunderstood the Polish interview he gave recently.

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Josh can't do Championship cos he's chosen to ride on a Polish licence.

Sorry Skidder you are correct.

However we all know with his POL family background he also gave up on Champ and put a lot of time effort and expense to finally try and make an effort to break into POL on his new POL Licence last season. Was not a great success despite him constantly flying out there (living out of ruck sack by his own admission) and doing lots of practice/testing etc. Did not help that track was not ready so they had to ride a lot of away tracks, but even so he struggled a lot and if I am not incorrect his team dropped him and he signed for what now seems like the ill fated Stahl Rsez. Talk about dropping a bomb. At least Morris who is in a similar situation has a SWE deal to fall back on.

Let's hope that both get fixed up asap as we all know POL pays well (when the club and its owner pay up that is). Josh also needs the regular racing. When you hear the likes of Klindt did close to 100 meetings, it shows that if you only have UK with 24/28 meetings plus a few guest appearances, these top guys need a lot more meetings.