British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It is simply down to availability. Someone like THJ who has made himself available or a rider like........er... well there was no one available to fit Richie’s average who could reliably knock in 6 plus points.

THJ is past his best but could still do a job. We have nothing to lose so why not? Last night proved we can’t go with r/r as once another rider is knackered we are stuffed. Especially a rider who is due to take an r/r ride. Kennett and KP don’t fit so there’s no choice other than the sarjeants of the league.

Exactly. Makes perfect sense. RR in the play offs is too risky but Poole are doing ok with RR for now.

cant beat having a full strength team.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Klindt has done very well no way would I lose Klindt.

Klindt along with Josh are the reason Poole are where they are in the league, for me Pooles rider of the season is one of these two

Granted he may have lost a bit of form right now but no way should Poole get rid of him

Im more than happy to see THJ ride at Ipswich rather than r/r. Cant see him getting more than r/r would have at Ipswich

49 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Think your own description describes overrated!

I remember him being touted as the next big thing for quite a while and his GP showing proved he wasn’t anything like that class to succeed. 

He is well down the list of decent Swedish riders who have hardly any riders ready to step up to top level status with only Oliver Bernzston seemingly to have emerged in the past 4 seasons (and he isn’t a teenager anymore).

Maybe touted as the best thing out of Sweden since Lindback & Lindgren and quite possibly has been!  He was Swedish Champion in 2014.  Who Swedish has emerged since who has done better?  Have Sundstrom, Nilsson, Berntzon & Thorsell had more successful careers?  I have no doubt you will try but it is difficult to make a case for them using facts,

14 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I remember him having a number of good GP performances tho?!

He might have done OK as a Wildcard twice in 2011 but when he was a full time GP rider in 2015 he never made a single semi final.

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Maybe touted as the best thing out of Sweden since Lindback & Lindgren and quite possibly has been!  He was Swedish Champion in 2014.  Who Swedish has emerged since who has done better?  Have Sundstrom, Nilsson, Berntzon & Thorsell had more successful careers?  I have no doubt you will try but it is difficult to make a case for them using facts,

He might have done OK as a Wildcard twice in 2011 but when he was a full time GP rider in 2015 he never made a single semi final.

He has done better in career than the rider he is replacing. A no brainier swap.

I assume he is replacing the injured Richie Worrall?

44 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Klindt along with Josh are the reason Poole are where they are in the league, for me Pooles rider of the season is one of these two

Granted he may have lost a bit of form right now but no way should Poole get rid of him

Im more than happy to see THJ ride at Ipswich rather than r/r. Cant see him getting more than r/r would have at Ipswich

We'll still likely be running r/r on Thursday for Josh!?  THJ will be at 6 with Covatti replacing Richie at 2.

r/r will allow Brady, Nico, THJ and Ricky to take those rides on current averages.

for Ippo I assume Allen drops back to reserve with r/r for Heeps. So Danny, Allen and Sarjeant for the r/r rides?!

Edited by Skidder1

What an uninspiring signing for Poole.

The Poole ‘Penny Pinching’ Pirates (lovely alliteration that) are scraping the barrel with this signing and have clearly lowered their budget, expectations and Jolly Roger, and instead, have hoisted the White Flag. 

Cue Dido...(unfortunately they can’t afford her either).

How times have changed down at the Four Point Arena. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Klindt has done very well no way would I lose Klindt.

Totally agree but he has gone off form lately but hopefully will be better in the play offs . I was just pointing out the lack of options.

2 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

The Poole ‘Penny Pinching’ Pirates (lovely alliteration that) are scraping the barrel with this signing and have clearly lowered their budget, expectations and Jolly Roger, and instead, have hoisted the White Flag. 

Times have changed at many clubs. Only a couple of weeks ago Swindon's owner Terry Russell said they would lose money this season and I believe the same will also apply to several clubs (again?)

If the average fan had any real idea of the finances in speedway at the moment they would frighten themselves to death!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Maybe Swindon should lower their budget then they might lose less money.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

We'll still likely be running r/r on Thursday for Josh!?  THJ will be at 6 with Covatti replacing Richie at 2.

r/r will allow Brady, Nico, THJ and Ricky to take those rides on current averages.

for Ippo I assume Allen drops back to reserve with r/r for Heeps. So Danny, Allen and Sarjeant for the r/r rides?!

Josh is a loss at Foxhall goes well at ours.

Has THJ ever ridden Foxhall? I may be wrong

Cant see r/r for Josh getting more than 7 from those 4 unless either Covatti or Wells are flying

32 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe Swindon should lower their budget then they might lose less money.

Tell you what would lower the wage bill.....if the Poole 'Penny Pinching' Pirates had put up more of a fight at the new Abbey. :drink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col said:

The likes of Nilsson, Berntzon, Thorssell have also all represented their country in GPs and WTC since 2014 and Thorssell is current Swedish Champion. All are achieving better in Sweden these days so are comfortably ahead of him these days.

The Swedes haven’t produced anyone of suitable class on the big stage since Lindgren and Lindback, with only Ljung a possible candidate.

Sweden are in a worse state than GB for producing the next generation.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Tell you what would lower the wage bill.....if the Poole 'Penny Pinching' Pirates had put up more of a fight at the new Abbey. :drink:

If Swindon didn't have such a good team we would!

• Haha 1