British Speedway Forum
STEPHEN 333

Prague GP, Saturday June 15th 2019

16 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Pleased for Kolodjei, thought he was going to be tail end Charlie this year, looks like he making a go of it. He looked genuinely pleased with himself afterwards. Like a child with a new toy. He rode well. 

I just like speedway, not too bothered who wins so long as they are fair, but preferably not a start tart, so that rules out Madsen, Dudek and Laguta. 

I agree with you Ove. Very happy for Kolojei and to finally see him get some recognition as a good solid rider. He seems like a rider who just goes about his business without a lot of talk and just gets the job done. A very good sport who interviews well. Once I saw him pass someone and unintentionally bump them on the way by so he turned around and gave them a "sorry about that" wave and went on. 

When it comes to Madsen he definitely is a good gater but I really don't think that he is getting proper credit for his consistency so far this season. In a pre-race interview, he mentioned getting the right setup early in the event. The importance of a good team who can communicate with the rider and a rider who can relay his thoughts to the team to "get the right setup early" really shows up at this level of Speedway.

Has there been any discussion or mention of how much thinner some riders look this year? Madsen and Janowski are the first two who come to mind but there have been others I've noticed.

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

FIRST visit to a GP for me this year. Prague remains a fabulous city to visit and ensures a great weekend regardless. Good to see a sell-out crowd at the Marketa, the threatening thunderstorms kept away but the racing until the latter stages was disappointing. Agreed with many who felt that the track had been over-watered at times but an exciting climax and another great evening in the city. Understand young Pavel Ondrasik and Tomas Topinka have plans to upgrade the track which would be the icing on the cake.

It is good improvements will be made but we've heard this every year for at least 15 years.   The truth is its a terrible track for racing and that hasn't changed nor will it change.  But there will be another Prague GP for the foreseeable time and every year we'll say it's rubbish.    Speedway shoots itself on the foot every day.   

GP's should run be on the best tracks that let riders show there skills.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

It is good improvements will be made but we've heard this every year for at least 15 years.   The truth is its a terrible track for racing and that hasn't changed nor will it change.  But there will be another Prague GP for the foreseeable time and every year we'll say it's rubbish.    Speedway shoots itself on the foot every day.   

But its not rubbish every year, Ive been to some decent SGP at Marketa, but on last night yes that was not good though with the weather during all last week, probably understandable as getting any moisture into the track would be very difficult. Interesting to hear what tracks should be used for SGP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, screm said:

But its not rubbish every year, Ive been to some decent SGP at Marketa, but on last night yes that was not good though with the weather during all last week, probably understandable as getting any moisture into the track would be very difficult. Interesting to hear what tracks should be used for SGP.

Krsko for Manchester and Czestochowa or Rybnik for Gorzow.   But I would have to think longer about Prague.    They cannot all be on Polish tracks so someone who has seen more meetings in mainland Europe can help.

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Krsko for Manchester and Czestochowa or Rybnik for Gorzow.   But I would have to think longer about Prague.    They cannot all be on Polish tracks so someone who has seen more meetings in mainland Europe can help.

I would rather have Wroclaw for Gorzow ;)

54 minutes ago, Mark said:

One of the problems from what I've seen at Marketa and Krsko is the GP riders are just too good for the track. They're at the top of their game and don't often make mistakes.

I've seen some meetings there with lower standard riders and theyve been entertaining

If you watched a meeting with a Championship league level line-up I reckon you'd get a pretty entertaining meeting. 

Only way to improve it for GPs is widen the straights by a metre and the bends by say 1.5 - 2 metres on 1st and 2nd and about 3 on 3rd and 4th.

Edited by Triple.H.

40 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I would rather have Wroclaw for Gorzow ;)

Wroclaw already on the roster for Gorzow.  I'm 12 months behind the times.

Edited by Mark

1 hour ago, Mark said:

THERE isn't Gorzow any more...

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Sorry.  That's been corrected, I was 12 months behind times.     Maybe I would have another Polish GP to get rid of one of the poorer tracks.

4 hours ago, iris123 said:

How many time is that going to be said, and posted on here? Almost very blinking year for a decade I think........

Tom's only really been retired 7 seasons.

Bydgoszcz should be on the calendar but only if it has plenty of material on it ....

5 hours ago, Trees said:

Bydgoszcz should be on the calendar but only if it has plenty of material on it ....

BYDGOSZCZ is history now ... better Polish tracks and stadiums

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

And hopefully it wont come back.  Absolute dump of a race track. Pretty stadium though

15 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Pleased for Kolodjei, thought he was going to be tail end Charlie this year, looks like he making a go of it. He looked genuinely pleased with himself afterwards. Like a child with a new toy. He rode well. 

I just like speedway, not too bothered who wins so long as they are fair, but preferably not a start tart, so that rules out Madsen, Dudek and Laguta. 

Agreed. Very pleased for Kolodjei. He's such a great rider in Poland and love the camo!!

Madsen a gater? I don't think so. He's a good gater but has plenty more in the locker.  He came from 4th to 1st in the semi!!!