British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue 2019

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

The idea is to attract away fans and neutrals to watch it who wouldn’t want to travel without stopping locals from attending.

Price of around £10 is lot cheaper for an away fan then travelling etc.
Ice hockey been doing this for years and have learnt this you don’t want to affect the the home crowd but gain from mainly away fans watching steam who don’t want to travel.

Honest question - are Ice Hockey meetings mainly at weekends so more likely to get travelling fans?  Also where geographically are the teams?

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Because of restrictions imposed on Clean Cut, the message about the delayed stream was only allowed to be publicised (on Belle Vue twitter account) shortly before the streaming began.

As word gradually got round, the streaming audience climbed to over 1300. It may well have climbed further after the actual meeting finished.

I can understand the (financial) reluctance of publicising the stream, but the technology exists to block the stream from certain areas.

Kudos to Pete Ballinger in actually getting the stream going despite having short notice that permission had been granted for the delayed stream. :t:

NFL do block the stream locally until the game is sold out, so the technology is there.

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Honest question - are Ice Hockey meetings mainly at weekends so more likely to get travelling fans?  Also where geographically are the teams?

Yes they are at weekends, but there are some big distances, some teams in the league from Dundee, Belfast, Cardiff, Guildford etc.

When it’s Manchester v Sheffield or Sheffield v Nottingham etc there are lots of travelling fans who would rather  be there then watching on a stream and usually sell out.

Edited by Rob B
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Whose permission did we have to get?

Go Speed I think run by Terry Russell own all the rights.

11 minutes ago, Rob B said:

And that is the issue alongside the BT contract.

It could actually prove a pretty simple, straight forward fix for cash flow in the sport if certain people would lose the self investment and look at the greater good.

BC has it in his head that the sport will implode without bt so is just stockpiling clubs to stop the bubble bursting and TR appears to selfish to relinquish his rights.

There is no hope is there.

28 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I believe Terry Russell hasn`t had the rights for a couple of years now- it`s the BSPA who have them back.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I believe Terry Russell hasn`t had the rights for a couple of years now- it`s the BSPA who have them back.

Ah right, is that about same time as BT Sport deal done?

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

That was March 2018 so possibly around that time.

So all in one pot. It’s the same principle I guess, regardless of who owns the rights.

It’s pretty clear that the tv package and rights for filming are worth more than the potential uplift live streaming would bring. 

It must be, otherwise surely it would be done.

On 7/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, racers and royals said:

Well, that puts the kibosh on the idea then. Since our glorious leader's live streaming intro statement didn't go quite as planned, the whole idea has been off limits. 

Just got home from a lovely trip. I have to say that the NSS is a fabulous race track. Belle Vue fans, you are so so lucky to have a race strip like that to visit every week. 

• Like 3

Expect another change. Maybe 2..... or maybe 3

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Expect another change. Maybe 2..... or maybe 3

Any advance on 3? Do I see 4?

Going going........whos gone? :lol: