British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Perhaps they could travel somewhere else and park legally for once!

Like, back in Ireland?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

And we have to say 'travellers' now! :rolleyes:

So obviously the site is still not secure yet brandon estates are appealing the decision to fine them last year for not securing the site!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Makes for depressing reading...spent many happy, and not so happy, times at Brandon.

• Like 1

It is criminal that the stadium has been allowed to fall into such a state and as sad as it is well done to the two lads who put together the video. Fingers crossed something positive will come from all the efforts being put in to revive the sport at this venue.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, REVNGO said:

Who were the people who did the music and rider songs at Coventry?

I might be wrong but I think it was Chris Simpson as he also did the presenting for Cov Storm (which I preferred to the out dated Peter York) 

• Thanks 1

bollocks.jpg

1 hour ago, adonis said:

bollocks.jpg

Firstly good luck to Rugby Borough Council and to the Save Brandon Stadium group, this is where the appeal system falls down in that if Brandon Estates lose this appeal they can simply go back draw up slightly different plans and apply again, If the Save the Stadium group lose this appeal that's it that will be the end, which is what happened many years ago when Barratt's won there appeal against Dudley MBC. 

Appeal Details

Type of Appeal: Public Inquiry 
Appeal Lodged Date: 18-Jun-2001 
Appeal Decision: Allowed 
Appeal Decision Date: 08-Jan-2002 

I can only hope that the fate of Brandon Stadium is better than the fate of Dudley Wood, but as always the upper hand lies with those with plenty of time and not least money, all the while this drags on the price of property increases and so do the profits.

16 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Firstly good luck to Rugby Borough Council and to the Save Brandon Stadium group, this is where the appeal system falls down in that if Brandon Estates lose this appeal they can simply go back draw up slightly different plans and apply again, If the Save the Stadium group lose this appeal that's it that will be the end, which is what happened many years ago when Barratt's won there appeal against Dudley MBC. 

Sad but true.  If they lose the appeal they can go back and keep resubmitting slightly different plans, and in the meantime some more of the stadium "accidentally" gets set on fire.

But while there is still hope we've got to keep fighting.  And with that in mind I see the letter suggests that comments can be made on the planning portal.   So I'm wondering can someone from the Save Coventry Stadium group advise if there are any comments that an ordinary fan could make on the portal that would be helpful?  Or are we beyond that stage?

55 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Sad but true.  If they lose the appeal they can go back and keep resubmitting slightly different plans, and in the meantime some more of the stadium "accidentally" gets set on fire.

But while there is still hope we've got to keep fighting.  And with that in mind I see the letter suggests that comments can be made on the planning portal.   So I'm wondering can someone from the Save Coventry Stadium group advise if there are any comments that an ordinary fan could make on the portal that would be helpful?  Or are we beyond that stage?

Anyone who has commented previously regarding the planning proposal will receive a letter from Rugby Council explaining the procedure of the appeal.

It does state in the letter that any comments ,or modification/withdrawal of previous representations can be made at https://acp.planninginspectorate.gov.uk

I am presuming anyone is able to comment there.

Fingers crossed.

APPEAL REFERENCE APP/E3715/W/23/3322013    APPEAL REFERENCE R18/0186

Edited by Dave Jones

Coventry speedway website....

Thursday June 01, 2023
IT has now been confirmed that Brandon Estates have appealed to the Secretary of State against the unanimous refusal by Rugby Borough Council’s Planning Committee to grant planning permission.

The refusal notice was dated November 16, 2022, and from that point the applicants had six months with which to lodge an appeal. The appeal was lodged on May 12, 2023.

The appeal will be determined on the basis of a public inquiry, the date of which is to be confirmed.

We have copies of the appeal documents and we can assure everyone that these will be scrutinised with exactly the same rigour as in all previous submissions made on behalf of Brandon Estates.

We will point out to the Planning Inspectorate any errors or untruths which appear in these documents.

We will also be applying for Rule 6 status with the Inspectorate which will enable us to formally participate in the appeal process.

All correspondence received by Rugby Borough Council relating to this application has been forwarded to the Planning Inspectorate.

If you sent an e-mail or letter to RBC (either supporting or opposing the application) you should have received an e-mail or letter explaining the process.

This also gives you the opportunity to contact the Inspectorate at the contact details given in the letter, and either modify or withdraw your previous representation – or to make further comments.

If you wish to re-affirm your opposition (or support) for the planning application, you are more than welcome to contact the Inspectorate.

Should you make further comments, please note that these should be entirely regarding the Brandon Estates planning application, rather than our own application which is currently on hold whilst this process takes place.

We can assure everyone that we will be working to ensure that the Inspectorate are provided with all the facts required such that the decision taken by the members of the Planning Committee at Rugby Borough Council, and supported by an overwhelming majority of the general public, is upheld on appeal.

• Like 2

Come on everybody !    The save Brandon Stadium group are asking for donations on a go fund me page

Sorry can't put a link up. perhaps somebody who can will.