British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, iainb said:

WHAT! Mr Ford "the prospective Speedway promoter"!!!

I'm out! :D:D:drink::drink::rofl:

Looks like Poole have found a new home :D

Mr Shovlar have a look at this: https://www.railcard.co.uk/

Coventry Pirates?

Does Coventry have a Chateau nearby? :rolleyes:

Will he be in partnership with anybody?

Coventry Robins anyone?-_-:D

....and why would Mr Osborne request to speak after MF next Weds, rather than before him?

Edited by Skidder1

We have to skewer them with their own BS £13.6m to remove the grandstand that £109k per house how is that viable.

hunter did say £51m turnover 

In all honesty I have absolutely no idea what is going on. I don't know who is on whose side,  but am coming to the conclusion the party doing most of the legalise talk is obnoxious. Don't people ask straight forward & to the point questions.

1 minute ago, kitten2502 said:

...... Don't people ask straight forward & to the point questions.

How they going to fill up 8 days doing that?

Seriously, this was always going to get down in the weeds. Heaven help those trying to pull out the salient facts from all this.

22 minutes ago, False dawn said:

How they going to fill up 8 days doing that?

Seriously, this was always going to get down in the weeds. Heaven help those trying to pull out the salient facts from all this.

Right at the start, Ms Hockenhull laid out the main "bones of contention", outlined by the local press as: whether the new development would have a greater harm on the green belt; whether the stadium should be deemed as surplus to requirements; the financial viability of restoring the stadium; whether there is a need for the proposed 3G pitch; and whether its inclusion would outweigh the loss of the stadium, plus consideration of other benefits including new housing.

I presume Ms Hockenhull has the necessary experience, expertise and fair-mindedness to sort the wheat from the chaff as she weighs up the various submissions.

Watching this reminds me of my cub reporter days, in the 1980s, covering local authority meetings. Frequently, what took an hour could have been done in 10 minutes.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

At last somebody from their side appears as a witness... we'll see how good our boy is when he gets his chance to put this guy through the ringer

You have to admit that some of this evidence really doesn't paint speedway in a good light. Especially the Belle Vue stuff just now.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

You have to admit that some of this evidence really doesn't paint speedway in a good light. Especially the Belle Vue stuff just now.

and Belle Vue can only use the track on 34 days a year.

7 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

We all know the sport is on the brink and is on a downward trend, there's a whole forum dedicated to it here. Yes the sport is mismanaged, we all know that too, but a lot of the downturn is also due to tracks beings sold for development

Edited by iainb

Looking at the site on Google earth I feel there's room for a Redcar/ Worky site AND some houses. Perhaps if BE were made to build a basic circuit in return for allowing a number of houses it would be a compromise. Whatever happens that big stand will have to come down so what's left would be fairly basic anyway.

1 minute ago, ch958 said:

Looking at the site on Google earth I feel there's room for a Redcar/ Worky site AND some houses. Perhaps if BE were made to build a basic circuit in return for allowing a number of houses it would be a compromise. Whatever happens that big stand will have to come down so what's left would be fairly basic anyway.

That not what has been said. The main stand would be boarded up. 

All this discussion regarding the 3G pitch is a bit puzzling to me.

Aren't BE planning to include one?

Blimey, they're pulling the bloke from yesterday apart again... and he's not even there!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

All this discussion regarding the 3G pitch is a bit puzzling to me.

Aren't BE planning to include one?

Yes - they are justifying the demand and dealing with the stupid comments made by yesterdays expert witness.