British Speedway Forum

At least they seem to have stopped slagging Speedway off this morning!

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

At least they seem to have stopped slagging Speedway off this morning!

I haven't been able to log in yet today. Have they moved on to housing requirements as scheduled?

10 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

I haven't been able to log in yet today. Have they moved on to housing requirements as scheduled?

Yes they have... it's all very dry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes they have... it's all very dry

It is, but I did note just before they went for a break that the council's housing targets chap said that there was a need not being met for housing and that there should be weight to that effect in deciding this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

It is, but I did note just before they went for a break that the council's housing targets chap said that there was a need not being met for housing and that there should be weight to that effect in deciding this.

I noticed that... who needs enemies when you've got friends like that!

29 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

He's now clarified only moderate weight given to total housing but greater weight to social/affordable housing.

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He's now clarified only moderate weight given to total housing but greater weight to social/affordable housing.

I don't know what sort of village Brandon is but many private owners don't want such housing near them, rightly or wrongly

Haha! Goatley trying to say that if you're team is having a bad season it has an adverse effect on your well being (so they should demolish the stadium and build a housing estate!) Birmingham & KL fans be aware! You're all going to be taken into care :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I don't know what sort of village Brandon is but many private owners don't want such housing near them, rightly or wrongly

Brandon is reasonably well-heeled, as I recall.

The argument that sports is only relevant in respect of participation is frankly ludicrous. Why is nobody pulling Goatly up on that?

Goatley now comparing Speedway to Tiddly-Winks... just so as not to cause offence :rofl:

9 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

The argument that sports is only relevant in respect of participation is frankly ludicrous. Why is nobody pulling Goatly up on that?

It's like saying Wembley shouldn't have redeveloped at a cost of £1bn because there's only 22 people running about!

• Like 2

I still think that the lack of reliable figures for speedway in any form will possibly be the death of speedway in Coventry. It might not be the only sport that doesn’t publish them but you’d assume that those fighting for the sport would have gone all out to obtain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

I still think that the lack of reliable figures for speedway in any form will possibly be the death of speedway in Coventry. It might not be the only sport that doesn’t publish them but you’d assume that those fighting for the sport would have gone all out to obtain.

I think it's Irrelevant really... it doesn't matter what they are they would still be used as a stick to beat the sport with in this appeal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 40-38 said:

The chap quoted Coventry attendances from the C.Horton letter. I think he said approx 1700 for speedway and 3500 for Stox, increased for big individual meetings.