British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavan

Belle Vue v Ipswich 03/06/19

I'm surprised at Belle Vue they don't try and find a local Asian or Muslim to become a speedway rider,,, that may be a way to get more supporters,,,,speedway seems very much a white person's sport,, both participating and watching,,, maybe that needs to change, 

• Like 1

The crowd was about 1200. The grandstand had 2 blocks full so that’s 600, and I reckon another 6 to 700 on the back straight.

Its comparable to a lot of tracks but it’s still poor.

The grandstand for tv meetings should be reduced to a tenner.

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Would Craig have scored more than Harris? 

Yes, easily. He’d have scored 10/11 I think. And Ipswich would have won.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Swindon usually get decent crowds on tv meetings when they run a promotion. When they don't run a promotion the crowd is halved.

A good meeting last night. What is it with heat 13 at Belle Vue? Always seems to be a cracker. If racing was like that at Swindon every week I reckon the place would be packed.

I remember talking to a Belle Vue fan once while working away, who said he used to love going to Belle Vue speedway, but it had "closed down now unfortunately". This was in the days of when they were at the Greyhound Stadium, but perhaps the same still applies in Manchester. Maybe people simply don't know it's there.

It’s promoted across social media pretty much on a daily basis and for a long time we had radio adverts and a huge board in Manchester.

The reality is that speedway is a dying sport in the uk and anything over 1500, even for BV, is a good crowd in today’s climate.

The simplicity is that is it’s too expensive. £20 pound to sit, vs other amateur sports, is way overpriced but it needs to be that way to cover costs.

The speedway alone should be going half way to winning the battle at bv but it seems that’s not enough.

10 hours ago, hyderd said:

hopefully R Wells has had his last meeting for Belle Vue.At reserve he should be cleaning up, he ain't so it's time to go.

Ipswich do (probably) have the best reserves in the league.

There will always be tracks that certain teams wont go well on

With the make up of our team we have riders that all go well at different tracks thus tending to keep us in the mix in most of our away meetings. That can only be good for a 2 leg play off match

As i said in the opening post of the thread i expected David and Danny to go well.

Lawson and Harris did ok.....and possibly KP was a bit disappointing.

We lost mainly due to our reserves only getting 4 each but they have carried us through a lot of meetings so cant exactly blame them for one poor night

Looks to me like we are tough to beat over 2 legs which will be a good thing

Important now to win our next 2 matches both at home

We then have a tough home and away against Lynn and then 3 successive away matches before an easier looking home match v Poole

Belle Vue and Peterborough and Ipswich looking good at the moment for top 4

Looking at the table i expect Lynn with there stronger team to climb the table quickly especially considering they have only rode 1 out of 6 matches at home

Swindon with Jensen coming in and maybe a good new reserve will start climbing as well

Poole and Wolves are the two teams that must be looking over their shoulders could be good when these two meet twice in the middle of the month

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I`m sure everyone watching on BT sport enjoyed that, and they better make the most of it as the next TV match in a fortnight`s time is from Poole !!!!!!!

Will it be dusty or bumpy or both lol

57 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I'm surprised at Belle Vue they don't try and find a local Asian or Muslim to become a speedway rider,,, that may be a way to get more supporters,,,,speedway seems very much a white person's sport,, both participating and watching,,, maybe that needs to change, 

That's true of motorcycle sport in general, not just speedway.

Which is why they started the Asian talent Cup bike racing,,, they realised how big a market they were missing out on

1 hour ago, acef said:

The crowd was about 1200. The grandstand had 2 blocks full so that’s 600, and I reckon another 6 to 700 on the back straight.

Its comparable to a lot of tracks but it’s still poor.

The grandstand for tv meetings should be reduced to a tenner.

I enjoyed the  meeting,  Ipswich put in a great effort they have really applied themselves well.Acef  if the management had put the 10 pound offer on do you recon the crowd would be between 15/1600?? Swindon whoe's crowds hold up pretty well, would struggle to get a good crowd on TV night's without offers.An exception would maybe  be only  Poole TV meeting's should be ten pound's also then the diehard supporter is rewarded 

Edited by Sidney the robin

I would prefer it if the BT TV cameras were never at Belle Vue, it would then mean that you had to attend in person to see some of the best speedway in the UK.

Surely getting in at TV meetings for a Tenner would be even bigger losses for the promotion, as it appears that speedway gets very little out of the BT deal. Does anyone know the exact amount per TV showing ?

9 minutes ago, woodenspoon said:

I would prefer it if the BT TV cameras were never at Belle Vue, it would then mean that you had to attend in person to see some of the best speedway in the UK.

Surely getting in at TV meetings for a Tenner would be even bigger losses for the promotion, as it appears that speedway gets very little out of the BT deal. Does anyone know the exact amount per TV showing ?

Apart from giving much welcome coverage for sponsors, I suspect most promoters feel the same tbh. For me it was great to watch my team away from home.

Huge well done to witches, you did us proud from 1 - 7, possibly if bomber's favoured bike hadn't been smashed, I know if buts maybes,  a draw or sneaky , against all the odds, win .

1 hour ago, acef said:

Yes, easily. He’d have scored 10/11 I think. And Ipswich would have won.

Harris would have scored double figures if Fricke hadn't trashed his bike.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Will it be dusty or bumpy or both lol

It may be although they are apparently going to work on it while there is a gap in home meetings. One thing is for sure it will be more entertaining than Foxhall.

• Haha 1