Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Scunthorpe, Saturday 29 June 7pm

22 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Which means 20% chance of no thunderstorm at 1700

96% chance of no rain at 1800

90% chance of no rain 1900 to 2100

Exactly

George Dodds both captains the night of the Edinburgh call off we’re told by the promotion to make sure the meeting was off Incase they had to shell out the money to pay away riders as don’t have a pot to p##s in now this not the weather forecast putting them off it’s having no money 

14 minutes ago, Lygonlad said:

George Dodds both captains the night of the Edinburgh call off we’re told by the promotion to make sure the meeting was off Incase they had to shell out the money to pay away riders as don’t have a pot to p##s in now this not the weather forecast putting them off it’s having no money 

I bow to your greater knowledge

Obviously money is tight, I take we are all confident that Berwick will see out the season then.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

maybe they trust the weather forecasts more after it proved to be so accurate against Edinburgh.

Only way to know what the weather is , and to quote Billy Connolly, look out the f@&kn window

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Dont think this is a new thing, always been financial problems at Berwick

Yep, nothing new, and no financial cushion to fall back on. 

Oh, for the big-city sponsors and the clout of a Trust like Edinburgh's giving their promotion over £100,000 since 2015 (to quote last night's programme).  

At Berwick, with only 10% of the population the city clubs around them enjoy in their catchment area, the various promotions have done wonders to keeping the club alive for fifty years. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Oh, for the big-city sponsors and the clout of a Trust like Edinburgh's giving their promotion over £100,000 since 2015 (to quote last night's programme).  

At Berwick, with only 10% of the population the city clubs around them enjoy in their catchment area, the various promotions have done wonders to keeping the club alive for fifty years. 

It isn't just the low population, Berwick does not have the wealthy businesses to draw on either.  In the lat 10 years there seems to have been a problem with inclusiveness as well.

1 hour ago, Lygonlad said:

I thought that they changed that a couple of seasons ago and now you're only responsible for paying your own riders home or away ? 

Lets just hope that news of this postponement has reached everyone, not all supporters of Berwick have access to the internet.

26 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

I thought that they changed that a couple of seasons ago and now you're only responsible for paying your own riders home or away ? 

seems a bit strange that you could save the cost of paying the visiting riders' travel when they have actually travelled - makes more sense today when it's been called off before they needed to set off - but I'm sure that the poster knows what he or she is talking about.

Edited by George Dodds

52 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Agree with much of your post as it would be great of an individual and a group came forward with money but its very unlikely. Thing is sometimes at Berwick it seems as though the club bites the hand that feeds at times in respect of the relationship between the club and the supporters club in recent times.

8 minutes ago, screm said:

Lets just hope that news of this postponement has reached everyone, not all supporters of Berwick have access to the internet.

Not all supporters of Berwick have electric or gas yet :D:D. I would imagine as well as social media, Radio Borders would have been contacted to convey the news.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Normski said:

Not all supporters of Berwick have electric or gas yet :D:D. I would imagine as well as social media, Radio Borders would have been contacted to convey the news.

Some of them haven’t got Ceefax yet alone that fancy witchcraft called internet

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Some of them haven’t got Ceefax yet alone that fancy witchcraft called internet

I am still on Rediffusion lol

• Haha 1