British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs BV. Premiership. 27/06/19

Unless its 'fake news' then Ive seen screenshots of communications made with Poole council who replied there is no planning restriction/curfew at Poole stadium imposed by the council......

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Unless its 'fake news' then Ive seen screenshots of communications made with Poole council who replied there is no planning restriction/curfew at Poole stadium imposed by the council......

A well know protester of all things ruining speedway has posted this and you can sure it’s true.

However Poole won’t have had to update their curfew with the council so I’m not really sure what this proves because it proves nothing.

25 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It was agreed by both team managers and the referee.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

It was agreed by both team managers and the referee.

Fully understand that but the question becomes why if there is no restriction?

25 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Fully understand that but the question becomes why if there is no restriction?

I don't know but it was agreed by all parties so don't see the problem. 

Loving the non truths still being spouted in this thread.

Perhaps with thoughts for the fans? How long honestly should fans have to wait? Many had left as the delay was huge.

Always been a curfew at Poole since I've been going, especially as the neighbours are always complaining about speedway. So prob imposed to pacify them more than anything else! 

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Always been a curfew at Poole since I've been going, especially as the neighbours are always complaining about speedway. So prob imposed to pacify them more than anything else! 

what time is that then ?

52 minutes ago, ray c said:

what time is that then ?

Depends what year? A long time ago I was told it was 10pm but more recently I think it has been nearer to half ten. The only thing is I'm not sure how flexible the curfew is or if it is set in stone..?

I remember when they used to put meetings on during world cup week and there was an individual at Poole with Championship standard riders, it didn't finish til about 11 or half past...? This would have been a long time ago as I think Chris Neath was in the line up! Prob why there is a curfew now! 

Weymouth ride at Poole

They had a meeting the other week that ran past 10.30

So why was there a 10.15 curfew the other night.................

Also nice to see Redcar doing a collection for Broc Nicol who crashed while guesting for them..............

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Weymouth ride at Poole

They had a meeting the other week that ran past 10.30

So why was there a 10.15 curfew the other night.................

Also nice to see Redcar doing a collection for Broc Nicol who crashed while guesting for them..............

Was agreed by everyone concerned, move on 

10 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Was agreed by everyone concerned, move on 

Didnt say it wasnt agreed

Pretty obvious thought that Poole do not have a curfew so why was the racing not allowed to continue until at least 10.30 like the Weymouth match was?

Cant be different curfews for different meetings, there is either one or there isnt

20 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Didnt say it wasnt agreed

Pretty obvious thought that Poole do not have a curfew so why was the racing not allowed to continue until at least 10.30 like the Weymouth match was?

Cant be different curfews for different meetings, there is either one or there isnt

As starry would say give matt a ring or even better knock on his door and find out why :cheers:

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

As starry would say give matt a ring or even better knock on his door and find out why :cheers:

Im not questioning that both parties agreed to 10.15

I dont understand why one meeting can run past 10.30 and then a top flight match cant?