British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

26 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

They failed to give the calm down medication out quickly enough! 

maybe someone switch the medicines about . 

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Either way they are absolutely nowhere near when any of this took place and are utterly irrelevant. 

about 30 yards away.  

its quite alarming that some fans cannot grab just what has gone on @ Eastbourne . before anyone seen any footage of the events , we were all led to believe that Craig runs into a marshal with a red flag . the head butt that was not really a head butt , but a shoulder charge ,sort of .! 

if you look on the eagles tv site , you can see the so called gutters . on the bend . i take it these gutters were to help with the drainage of the track  prob done with a size 9 boot !.(maybe even a glasgow riders boot ?  not sure if they were improved before the meeting or not . but i suspect they would have been  

the main thing on this forum  is that  the three triplets( now quads )  as i call them are saying its not a glasgow riders fault initially ..  Gazc , sharperake , MANSE , and mac101 ....  we now have to rewind to see who was the actual instigator and that was Craig .the parade is something the has no laws or given instructions to adhere to . its down to common courtesy and has been like that for decades .

i do believe these 3/4 fans will ignore the facts of Craigs actions during the introductions . they will defend their team even when the evidence is in front of them . even though its wrong for them to do it and they cannot see the wood for the trees . .i , was not there and neither were a lots of other fans  . but some have different takes on what has happened .

claus vissing done himself no favours either  shouting @ fans and kids in the video .

:angry:  :mad:  :neutral:  and :blink: .   if you dont like what i  post  ...put me on ignore .. .sorry i missed off nagy1 . he/she  aint too bad ..

keep an eye on this post to see haw many sad and confused  icons i get from that crew .  

Edited by jenga

3 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

about 30 yards away.  

So irrelevant.

Many clubs have children/pensioners etc on the centre green for full races, with four riders, racing at full speed for four laps.. not tootling round on a parade lap.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

So irrelevant.

Many clubs have children/pensioners etc on the centre green for full races, with four riders, racing at full speed for four laps.. not tootling round on a parade lap.

Who said they were on the centre green ?

And what parade lap ? It was the introductions - ie, people standing next to bikes on the track.   The bikes were lined up along the back straight on the track. (That's where the track exit was ).  Each home rider had a mascot.  The glasgow riders were lined up furthest from the first bend.  The last home rider was at the back end of the back straight so not far at all from the position of the aggro.  

I honestly don't get why you feel the need to think you're right all the time, it's baffling. 

All these experts from hundreds of miles away seem to know the layout on the night better than folk that were in the stadium.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Who said they were on the centre green ?

And what parade lap ? It was the introductions - ie, people standing next to bikes on the track.   The bikes were lined up along the back straight on the track. (That's where the track exit was ).  Each home rider had a mascot.  The glasgow riders were lined up furthest from the first bend.  The last home rider was at the back end of the back straight so not far at all from the position of the aggro.  

I honestly don't get why you feel the need to think you're right all the time, it's baffling. 

All these experts from hundreds of miles away seem to know the layout on the night better than folk that were in the stadium.

I am right.

Nobody was in any danger whatsoever at the time the marshall decided to step into Craig Cook.. contrary to what was initially reported on here. That is my point. We all know the Glasgow riders were wrong to initially push off during the introduction.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I am right.

Nobody was in any danger whatsoever at the time the marshall decided to step into Craig Cook.. contrary to what was initially reported on here. That is my point. We all know the Glasgow riders were wrong to initially push off during the introduction.

You're not right tho.  There was folk on the track on the back straight- Cook and the others had no exit as it stood.   They would have had to go onto the bit of the track that people were on.  Yeh they wouldn't have killed anyone i'm sure but the fact was there was people there is enough. 

edit - i actually can't believe you can still say " i am right".  you weren't there and you didn't even know the pit access/egress until others here have clarified.

Edited by The Doctor...
for my own sanity
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

I am right.

and that my friend is what started all the shenanigans off in the first place .  if they had not  been  pushed off in the first place , all that followed would not have happened . 

furthermore  , i would not say that doing a practice start is regarded as tootling around the track !   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

You're not right tho.  There was folk on the track on the back straight- Cook and the others had no exit as it stood.   They would have had to go onto the bit of the track that people were on.  Yeh they wouldn't have killed anyone i'm sure but the fact was there was people there is enough. 

I've not been to Eastie for several years but there was always a gate into/out of  the pits on the second bend. From watching on the TV since then, yes there is a gate on the back straight, principally used to return to the pits. However there was not a no entry sign on the 2nd bend gate. Therefore I am assuming (please note not stating as fact) that Cook was intending using that gate to return to the pits thus avoiding using the gate on the back straight where various people and objects were. 

I'm not making excuses or apportioning blame, merely putting forward a theory. Of course if the 2nd bend gate was closed that blows my theory out of the water, but as you or no one else has said that I again assume it was open.

I've said before only two people know what their intentions were in the initial incident and neither of them are likely to say it on here. 

Edited by Star Lady

I have heard that nagy1 thinks Jenga is a t*t.

Just saying.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

This will run and run until The SCB grow some balls and announce the result of the Inquiry and any penalties and punishment handed down.

It has been widely reported that Neil Vatcher was there, indeed reported that he walked the Track and quickly made a decision that it was perfectly fit for racing and told the Referee and Glasgow to "get on with it".

No doubt he will have gathered statements and evidence from all concerned.

The longer it drags on the more the lies and spin are spun and the pointless debate about side issues will be created by those who seek to explain the unexplainable in support of one side of the argument or the other.

My own opinion has not changed. The atmosphere was created by a side who made out they did not want to ride and the track concerns were a smokescreen and mind games to try to put off the opposition. All pictures and video of the track shows it to be in perfect racing condition, the tetchy atmosphere created by Glasgow affected a rider well known to have stress and emotional issues, he boiled over and all hell subsequently let loose. That does not exonerate anyone from either side who then got involved in "handbags" but you have to go back to the root of the issue and punish (if necessary) those proportionately the most and then levy down the scale to involve any one who acted in a manner detrimental to the Sport, if considered guilty.

The fact that the Glasgow Owner has subsequently commented that "I know a lot has already been said on social media. It was an incredible occasion; probably the closest  I've seen Speedway come to an Old Firm Celtic v Rangers match....

A SPEEDWAY MATCH with that level of intensity and excitement   - should we be moaning or actually rejoicing that our Sport so roundly criticised in recent years can actually once again generate a great atmosphere in front of a big crowd??? - are the riders of Glasgow and Eastbourne in that case heroes or villains??. (Peter Facenna in Speedway Star goes on to say "A bit of controversy never hurt any sport in my opinion" and later on "However, that doesn't get away from the fact that Eastbourne were the better team on the night and we were never in the hunt to defend the small lead that we had. In truth we lost the tie in the first leg, we needed at least a 14 point lead to defend and we didn't do enough at Ashfield......But that's the way it goes in sport.I congratulated Eastbourne on their success and wish them all the best in the final, they deserved it over the two legs, simple a sthat" 

Pretty simple analysis, Facenna knows his side tried all they could but failed, congratulated the victors and has moved on -:  so the resultant announcement of those penalties could be done in days, not weeks nor months.

Then we can all move on and may be think about how all Speedway Clubs can generate that level of intensity, excitement, controversy and column inches.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I have heard that nagy1 thinks Jenga is a t*t.

Just saying.

its just a rumour , i started it ! 

In the video You can see the pit gate is on the second bend and open and craig was heading towards  it before he Marshall decided to jump in front of him maybe he was told not to give Glasgow riders any practice laps just get them straight back into the pits 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mac101 said:

In the video You can see the pit gate is on the second bend and open and craig was heading towards  it before he Marshall decided to jump in front of him maybe he was told not to give Glasgow riders any practice laps just get them straight back into the pits 

more spiel , every rider should have a sighting lap in most , if not all motor sports . no one can tell  the track officials not to give them no sighting laps . major spiel on your behalf ( the only time a meeting there  will be no sighting lap is when poor weather is looming )

6 hours ago, BWitcher said:

I am right.

To be fair, everyone in the stadium was in danger of being run over by Craig Cook ....... if they too had flung themselves in front of him.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1