British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Being biased moving it to the NSS would help. 

But for me. It needs to be moved to redcar. Great track. Great facilities. And it runs smoothly there. 

Regarding yesterday  I haven't been all year because of the racing that's now on offer. I said I wont attend but went against myself and took the plunge. Wish I hadnt bothered. 

Track dreadful. Give the riders something to race on and they will race. 

I heard that a few riders threatened to pull out unless the sorted the track. Riders diddnt have the confidence to go near another rider due to the track. That was until the last few races. 

The CRC has definitely ran its course at sheffield. If it was a animal it would be put out of its misery. 

Redcar is too far north mate, I would think the crowd will be impacted. That's why they have stuck with Sheffield for so long.

It makes perfect sense to move it to the NSS. Its central and it's the best track in the uk, with great facilities to boot. No brainer.

The reason they wont is down to money share I would say. The promotion of the track staging it will get a chunk I would think so if you put to many meetings at the NSS a number of the dinosaurs will see there arse.

It should be run and funded entirely by the sports governing body then we can actually make use of a 'national stadium' because the promotions wont be on any coin.

Sad to see so many posters saying they didn't go, wont go again or those who went saying it was poor in the main. Maybe it is time for this meeting to be moved away, my vote goes to the NSS, if it goes there it would get me there anyway. But the riders need to play their part, not so long ago it was the title they all wanted, and the racing reflected that, now it seems they will only go if the money`s right. Obviously riders wont ride for nothing, or next to nothing, sol IMO its time for the BSPA to go out and attract a sponsor for this meeting, after all it is theirs.

• Like 1

I think  NSS   should be used a lot more than it is.  You know the saying  `use it before you lose it !     

2 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

I think  NSS   should be used a lot more than it is.  You know the saying  `use it before you lose it !     

Maybe logic to do that, but this is British speedway you know.  Lots of jealousy even at promotor level I reckon.

well, I got my seat booked for tonight’s Colts match at NSS tonight v Mildenhall, hope it’s agood in.  Apart from world team championship in 2016 this will be my first visit to a BV meet since early 1980’s.  Only other live meetings been to have been Cardiff 2013-14-15.

20 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Should be at Belle Vue , Sheffield track is pants, most of this meeting was gate and go apart from last 3 or 4 races, well doe to Erik Riss and I wish the Cookie baiters would do one and leave him alone

I think many wish Cook would leave the sport alone to be honest - he is a hindrance to it.

He has taken the decision to work in a fan driven profession, if people don't turn up his profession doesn't exist, and the way he acts accelerates fans walking away from the sport - and it is happening - he is damaging what is already, quite a dull brand anyway and people are just finding other things to do because of many things, but what Cook gets up to adds to it. 

His actions, and that of a decent handful of riders for going on 5/10 years now is that of people showing no sense or intelligence or diligence to their own profession - it is in many ways quite bizarre to consciously do so much to damage your own sport and your own brand at a time when so many others sports have left it behind. 

His actions yesterday are comparable to me, you or anyone on this forum going into their work and not trying - if you were to do that who would the blame for that be on? it would be you. 

He appeases fans of his own team and makes Glasgow fans for instance happy, excellent - see how that works out in a few years when Glasgow have a handful of teams to race and there is no one left to disrespect and sell short as people won't be there to "bait",  because people have moved on with their life, found a new hobby but rider x has simply no additional income as they have helped kill their own profession. 

People don't "bait" him, they simply loathe him for taking the piss out of people who put their money in their pocket to have the piss taken out of them, as any person in any walk of life would do, think and feel if that happened to them because doing it to people is the actions of a twit. 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

Maybe logic to do that, but this is British speedway you know.  Lots of jealousy even at promotor level I reckon.

well, I got my seat booked for tonight’s Colts match at NSS tonight v Mildenhall, hope it’s agood in.  Apart from world team championship in 2016 this will be my first visit to a BV meet since early 1980’s.  Only other live meetings been to have been Cardiff 2013-14-15.

You wont be disappointed, great stadium. 

5 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

And the money on offer for the riders is disgraceful, especially when you provide them With a dangerous track. 

If the thought is the money on offer was bad this year, wait a few years till there isn't team places to be had because people have left the sport because of nonsense like yesterday.

If you make the choice to work in a profession that is driven by paying customers then you and now and then have to do things that make sure people come back   

• Like 1

Just seen Cook's post on Instagram the man thinks we are all idiots. He is not all there if he believes anyone thought anything else than he spat his dummy right out like the school kid he turns into every few week. But then again there was a couple of comments that actually believed what he was saying lol they as as bad as him if they believed anything else apart from he totally threw that meeting yesterday three rubbish excuses of starts bike problems that spectacularly were not looked at once in the pits lol just went straight back out done the three I'm not gonna call them starts but pull away from the tapes then idioted off home leaving all his fans to get on with it. Shocking absolutely shocking no wonder CFS dumped him.

• Like 1

What was wrong with the track then? It didn't look any different to what it has all season. The first half a dozen heats all had times that were up there with the best of the season. Didn't notice many riders lifting or struggling in the bends. If I remember correctly there were only two fallers, Auty who went too wide in bends 1/2 and hit the fence and Morris who lifted in bend 3 and went into the fence. Both down to them as far as I could see. 

Who were the riders complaining about the track? I saw Morris on at the Clerk of the course after he came down saying there was a problem, but what? He never has liked riding Owlerton. It's a good job Schlein wasn't riding or there would have been more hold-ups! The only track grading that was done was with the chains, no blade or 'wonder wheel', so all they did was spread the shale on the surface, which did appear a bit lumpy. Seen a lot worse surfaces in the GPs', but you don't see them moaning about it, they just get on with it. Granted they're on a lot more money and there's more at stake, but they do what they're paid to do, entertain.

The only time the surface did look dangerous was when the track staff unhooked the chains from the back of the tractor and left them on the back straight, had to move them 'tout sweet' before the next heat started about 20 seconds later!

Scott Nicholls has been given a seven day ban from racing for missing yesterdays meeting.

31 minutes ago, H20 said:

Just seen Cook's post on Instagram the man thinks we are all idiots. He is not all there if he believes anyone thought anything else than he spat his dummy right out like the school kid he turns into every few week. But then again there was a couple of comments that actually believed what he was saying lol they as as bad as him if they believed anything else apart from he totally threw that meeting yesterday three rubbish excuses of starts bike problems that spectacularly were not looked at once in the pits lol just went straight back out done the three I'm not gonna call them starts but pull away from the tapes then idioted off home leaving all his fans to get on with it. Shocking absolutely shocking no wonder CFS dumped him.

For those of us not on on intstagram what does he say ?

21 minutes ago, screm said:

Scott Nicholls has been given a seven day ban from racing for missing yesterdays meeting.

Appeal it will be heard 1st november after craigs !

31 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

What was wrong with the track then? It didn't look any different to what it has all season. The first half a dozen heats all had times that were up there with the best of the season. 

Every time I've been this season, the racing has been woeful. It's not about the times, is it? It's about riders having the confidence to race on it and entertain us.

8 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

For those of us not on on intstagram what does he say ?

craigcook111

Riding for the stars tonight, hopefully we’ve figured out the bike problems after a very frustrating evening last night