British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Newcastle 23/08/2019 League

No, but we are talking about riders that have ridden other tracks before. Track preparation can change week to week, with set up changes required, never mind a few years ago. :rolleyes: 

7 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Also, a shout out to Rob Godfrey as that was the best prepared track I have seen this season with a bit more dirt on than earlier this year & the colour showing just how much moisture was in the track. But I still say it must be a bit of a nightmare because of the weather this year & forecasts. Getting onto the track 24/7 helps over other tracks that, it seems, have only hours to prepare a racing track.

did they have a guest track preparer/curator . ?

• Sad 1

Guest Loose Diamond
On 8/18/2019 at 10:40 PM, scunny1 said:

You just know Steve and TJ will find some pace and score heavily:D

On 8/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, IronScorpion said:

I expect a tight meeting even with Newcastle's "suspect" heat leaders not getting their expected big scores recently.

Steve scored well on Wednesday & TJ scored his usual points for Kings Lynn last night. Even Ully had a decent night having 3 wins in his first 3 rides.

Jorgensen 5. Rubbish. Newcastle supporters who went should have their fuel money refunded. But that's never going to happen.

Guest Loose Diamond
58 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Not sure if the posters on here, having a go at TJ, were actually at the meeting. Yes he should be scoring more as a heat leader but his score of 5 does not do him justice as he could easily have scored 8-10 being in the mix for all his races but the track was awesome for both teams attacking the multi lines available.

On the flip side to that, both Barker & Nielsen were in the mix & could/should have scored more with an unfortunate puncture robbing Nielsen of points. This, also, happened to Wethers in heat 14.

Overall, it was a tight meeting, as I expected, with the score line not doing justice to what was served up. Ully was superb for you guys.

Unfortunately I was there. In the mix???? At the back as usual. Scores 10+ for Kings Lynn but 0 to 6 for us. Used to be one of the best gaters in Championship but now cannot gate for toffee.

The first race 1-5 meant the match was at the beginning closer than it should've been but the home team won as the Newcastle Team ran

out of steam and failed to win enough races, only 4 here meant that the overall result was never in doubt. 

I used to travel the length and breadth of the country following the Diamonds knowing that at least I would see a team trying to win and

they acknowledged that we bothered to go and see them riding away from Brough Park.. 

49 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

No, but we are talking about riders that have ridden other tracks before. Track preparation can change week to week, with set up changes required, never mind a few years ago. :rolleyes: 

You are.Im talking about TJ:D

Jorgensen is averaging 7.23, that’s his level. Not sure he’s ever going to be better than that. 

King’s Lynn is a very unique surface, I wouldn’t judge his overall ability on his scores there. 

Guest Loose Diamond
15 hours ago, Albert said:

Not a comfortable win but a win nonetheless... well done the Scorps and well done Newcastle for making such an excellent meeting. After the 5-1 reversal in heat one I thought we could be in for a hiding.. but fair play the lads...and particularly Josh Auty, a superb paid max display led the boys to a great home win.

Excellent meeting??

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

He did ride for Scunny he should know the track,he has been very mediocre for Diamonds this season whatever the reason.I certainly would not call a rubbish rider.

Well he has been rubbish at Newcastle. Also rubbish away for us as well. And the rest of them have all had their rubbish moments as well. Home and away. Has Bjerre or Jorgensen scored double figures for us home or away?? I don't think so.

31 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Well he has been rubbish at Newcastle. Also rubbish away for us as well. And the rest of them have all had their rubbish moments as well. Home and away. Has Bjerre or Jorgensen scored double figures for us home or away?? I don't think so.

Your starting to bit a bit of a troll. ignore will be my answer to you.

40 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Has Bjerre or Jorgensen scored double figures for us home or away?? I don't think so.

TJ twice H and A,

LB thrice H,

maybe more, a dunno :t:

Guest Loose Diamond
45 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Ok fair enough. What is a troll?? Ignore if you want. Up to you. 

Guest Loose Diamond
46 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You did not answer my question.

A Troll is, an ugly creature depicted as a either giant or a dwarf.

They lurk in the shadows, ready to pounce on unsuspecting lessers.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

Guest Loose Diamond
3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Jorgensen is averaging 7.23, that’s his level. Not sure he’s ever going to be better than that. 

King’s Lynn is a very unique surface, I wouldn’t judge his overall ability on his scores there. 

I don't. As you may have seen!!!! I like him as a rider but not performing for the Diamonds at the moment.