British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Ipswich vs Poole 29/08/19

A few observations about tonight .

Firstly this may offend Bob but ffs after a decent track against Peterborough we yet again decide to prep one tonight for a team of gaters.  No water put down  to potentially aid an outside line until it was far too late and effectively the meeting was lost. I'm no expert on tracks but having watched speedway for 40 odd years i do know that a bit of the wet stuff contributes to a surface condusive to racing . Who decides what's done , Bob or Chris ?

Poole overall deserved the win given the conditions , that can't be argued.

However , a  couple of debatable points occurred this evening

1 , Heat 9 Jonassons exclusion was not his fault but also not Bombers fault , he was going through the middle of the Poole boys and got sandwiched , something had to give ! 

2 , I'm afraid my opinion of Kurtz fell through the floor in heat13 , he fell off , looked up , realised Witches on a 5-1 and stayed down till red lights came on . Unacceptable , bordering on cheating in my book !

3 , Comments made by Poole fans that Grajczonek would have got more than the 6 pts from RR , maybe or maybe not but Cam would definitely have got more than the 3 pts his RR rides accrued .

Anyway , my opinion on the Witches tonight 

Nils , pretty decent return for his first meeting here in years.

Bomber , better than of late , just wish he could gate.

Richard , very poor till heat 14 against 2 reserves.

Danny , pretty unconvincing all night .

James , didnt expect much really so can't be disappointed.

Jake , worked hard for his 9pts from 7 rides .

So overall a very disappointing night and that may well put an end to us being in the playoffs !

A great start to the season but a bad end,  we've seriously lost it come crunch time !

• Like 2

Ipswich's form has completely 180'd compared to what it was in the first half of the season, do we even know why yet?

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ipswich's form has completely 180'd compared to what it was in the first half of the season, do we even know why yet?

Reverted to form. Rode above themselves for the first part of the season.

9 hours ago, Bash said:

I hope we drop back down next year the so called top league can have its 4TT each week. Credit to Buster for keeping it alive this year but can’t see Peterborough staying in this league. Change the championship with no double uppers/downers and let the clubs ride on what night they want as shouldn’t affect Poland or Sweden.

maybe the premiership is finished anyway ?

31 minutes ago, ray c said:

maybe the premiership is finished anyway ?

You wouldn’t be surprised. It can’t stumble on with only seven clubs. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Oh well that's Gavan dissapeared of the face of the earth again 

ah bless you did you miss me last time then.......

I was banned last time we raced Poole and if you read the forum you would have known that

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No he will come on saying if Heeps wasn’t injured they would have cruised it. :lol:

Nope not at all

As i said the loss of Josh and Heeps evened out

As i said to many many people on here Poole were hot favourites to win this..........they won at Ipswich with a much weaker team (no Kurtz or Covatti and Newman with 0) so unless there was some sort of miracle they were always going to win last night ......it was only trolls like yourself who tried to claim the loss of Josh would hamper Poole lol

Danny had a poor night which hampered us but we knew Klindt , Kurtz Holder and Covatti would get a hatful

And what an awful blatant display of cheating by Kurtz.........the rule should never have been changed and Holder should have gone off of 15 metres

And no it wouldnt have changed the result but ive not seen such a poor and blatant cheat from a rider in a long while....riders whoever they ride for should at least get a fine

• Like 1

Says someone who is now pretending to have been there.

• Like 1

Referees should have the power to award races if the cheating is blatant. It’s the only way it will get stamped out. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Says someone who is now pretending to have been there.

Dont need to pretend i was there...........obviously you condone cheating i would have expected that

34 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Referees should have the power to award races if the cheating is blatant. It’s the only way it will get stamped out. 

Kurtz was half up - had a look - sat back down and made no attempt to move. Red light on straight up no issue

Such a shame as it wasn't needed. Poole were sharper and better and worthy winners

They would've got warm applause on the victory parade but instead got a chorus of boos and cheat calls 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Dont need to pretend i was there...........obviously you condone cheating i would have expected that

I was there too, maybe next time we can have a chat,

28 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Kurtz was half up - had a look - sat back down and made no attempt to move. Red light on straight up no issue

Such a shame as it wasn't needed. Poole were sharper and better and worthy winners

They would've got warm applause on the victory parade but instead got a chorus of boos and cheat calls 

Spot on

Poole deserving winners and he didnt need to do it....you often see riders slide off and stay down......Kurtz moved to get up, started to, looked up the track and sat down again.........he deserved the boos and cheat calls it was petulant and blatant... the rider should be fined......ive no idea why they took the rule away that the remaining rider starts 15 metres back....

We all know Poole fans wont agree 

To even up THJ was unlucky to be excluded when Harris came in fast to turn 3

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would have no issue chatting to the vast majority of Poole fans you included

• Like 1

Not a bad meeting although not much passing. Good job they signed NKI or we would have definitely got 4 points. Lawson, Harris,Allen and King all had poor races, Lawson only won a weak heat 14 as we had both reserves out, THJ probably didn't fancy it much after his crash and Wells was awful all night, we should have replaced him when we replaced Worrall. Sargeant was  ok considering he's a 3 pointer.THJ seemed to get better as the meeting progressed but seemed to struggle again after his crash. The jury is still out on him but I think he can only improve from now on. Klindt rode well and seemed back to form, Jack rode well after yet again a poor first ride, Covatti rode well later in the meeting and seems in decent form, Brady looked really quick until he came off in heat 13 and Wells was awful.

A good result which should have been 4 points if the ref had better glasses and excluded Harris when he took out THJ.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Last time Gavan was at a speedway meeting his uncle chucked a tenner over the pits fence to Mark Loram at Hackney. You have more chance of meeting Lord Lucan riding Shergar than actually bumping into the Poole hating mega troll.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1