British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2020

24 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

So who else is involved in the Birmingham Speedway 2022 consortium?

Were they at the meeting?

Gary Drinkwater I believe is an ex-Coventry sponsor via his City Gearboxes company.   David Rowe I presume is the journalist.  I'm not familiar with Tracey Smith?

Tracey Smith is a most loyal of supporters and has been for years;)A decent lady as part of a consortium;)

• Like 1

Tracey and her family as loyal has they come, hopefully Brummies can get this over the line and have a bright and prosperous future. With it taking so long to sort out, which is quite understandable do we think Brummies may miss out in 2022 and restart the following season or are the BSPA wanting answers in regards to 2022 season 

Edited by Gerbat1875
addition

33 minutes ago, Deano said:

Well the room was full, standing room only. Very promising, but no purchase has been agreed. Nigel seems a decent guy a speedway fan and businessman. The 1,000 break even is a challenge which is driven by the rent increase. There is a share option for fans of which I’m happy to  chip in

Why oh why do promoters always look at achieving the break even figure when they should always aim higher.

This is why clubs lose money coz they reach a 'break even' figure but then don't look beyond that so the crowd then only goes one way.

Cud u imagine goin into Dragons Den without declaring what profit you aim to make!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Why oh why do promoters always look at achieving the break even figure when they should always aim higher.

This is why clubs lose money coz they reach a 'break even' figure but then don't look beyond that so the crowd then only goes one way.

Cud u imagine goin into Dragons Den without declaring what profit you aim to make!

Good post, what happens when you have 3 rain-offs on the trot? running on a break even figure - $hite Happens!

I could clearly see last season that UK Speedway needed to reinvent itself for 2022, so what has the BSP ltd. done? sweet F.A.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

The top and bottom PS is there just ain't enough folk through the gates;) 

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Seems a big target. They could be losing money right from the off.

Mason was certainly getting a lot less than 1,000 at the start of 2021 - 4-600 I was told.

4 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Because achieving a break even figure is aiming high. 

Every club sees a break even as a minimum achievement - which it reasonably has to be, although some can afford sustainable losses - and certainly does not view that as an end game. 

6 hours ago, bluejam said:

Tracey Smith is a most loyal of supporters and has been for years;)A decent lady as part of a consortium;)

Not to mention being the "Tracey" that text's the updates to the Updates site.

7 hours ago, bluejam said:

The top and bottom PS is there just ain't enough folk through the gates;) 

The BSPA & the other 'Promoters' need to do somet about it :t:

Mind u us fans can help, I always walk around town (Long Eaton) with my Pirates colours on & many folk stop and chat speedway, spread the word so to speak.

A dear old lady grabbed me as I stepped off the bus the other day, thought I was in there! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, noaksey said:

Has 1,000 ever been achieved at championship level at PB?

Consistently not a one off 

I don't know the answer to that one.

4 minutes ago, Deano said:

I don't know the answer to that one.

They did when Tony mole had it think they was getting about 1200 that was the first few seasons. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

So who else is involved in the Birmingham Speedway 2022 consortium?

Were they at the meeting?

Gary Drinkwater I believe is an ex-Coventry sponsor via his City Gearboxes company.   David Rowe I presume is the journalist.  I'm not familiar with Tracey Smith?

Only Nigel, Tracey and Gary were mentioned, they said there was a fourth member but didn't declare a name. They are looking for five investors ideally. I had to leave after an hour, my youngest was getting a tad tired. There was plenty of talk about the rent increase, it seems with the chinese now enjoying greyhounds being beamed across the world, stadium owners no longer have to open up shop in order to make a money. So perhaps long term, stadium owners want 100% stadium availability for around the clock greyhounds, at a few select stadiums.

Edited by Deano

29 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

1,000 break even figure? That's a tall order.

So is a 7 foot waiter! :rofl:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Deano said:

Well the room was full, standing room only. Very promising, but no purchase has been agreed. Nigel seems a decent guy a speedway fan and businessman. The 1,000 break even is a challenge which is driven by the rent increase. There is a share option for fans of which I’m happy to  chip in

1000 break even figure! Wow. That will be some achievement if they manage that. Good luck to them, hopefully an agreement to buy the club is reached soon.

I can't see B'ham hitting 1000 spectators alone....but if we joined forces with Cradley/Coventry as a unified set-up, then may be that would be the way forward?

Just a thought!?