British Speedway Forum

SHEFFIELD co-owner Peter Mole is asking fans to back off under-performing Troy Batchelor ahead of tonight’s (Thursday) crucial clash with Ipswich at Owlerton.

From British Speedway twitter

Edited by lisa-colette

On 8/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, lisa-colette said:

SHEFFIELD co-owner Peter Mole is asking fans to back off under-performing Troy Batchelor ahead of tonight’s (Thursday) crucial clash with Ipswich at Owlerton.

From British Speedway twitter

Yeah he also said the same thing in the match program. I think Batch has burned his bridges with the Sheffield fans. If he goes the rest of the season unbeaten he'll still never be accepted at owlerton (by me at least).  Tigers fans appreciate effort and commitment even if a rider doesn't score the points his efforts deserve. The way that Batch has let down the fans and the promoters is a disgrace. I find it sad that some riders e.g. Cookie are booed wherever they go despite clearly giving 100% effort and we then get some people who I suspect haven't watched Batch's performances on and off the bike this year telling the fans to lay off him. The only reason he wasn't sacked is because there's such a shortage of "heat leader" quality riders at the moment and he clearly felt unsackable hence his lack of effort.

21 minutes ago, Number777 said:

Yeah he also said the same thing in the match program. I think Batch has burned his bridges with the Sheffield fans. If he goes the rest of the season unbeaten he'll still never be accepted at owlerton (by me at least).  Tigers fans appreciate effort and commitment even if a rider doesn't score the points his efforts deserve. The way that Batch has let down the fans and the promoters is a disgrace. I find it sad that some riders e.g. Cookie are booed wherever they go despite clearly giving 100% effort and we then get some people who I suspect haven't watched Batch's performances on and off the bike this year telling the fans to lay off him. The only reason he wasn't sacked is because there's such a shortage of "heat leader" quality riders at the moment and he clearly felt unsackable hence his lack of effort.

will have an attractive average for next year though

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

will have an attractive average for next year though

And if he comes to Sheffield as an opposition rider, and does well, certainly won't improve his popularity.

10 hours ago, RS50 said:

And if he comes to Sheffield as an opposition rider, and does well, certainly won't improve his popularity.

Meant for us

On 8/28/2021 at 10:31 AM, The Third Man said:

Meant for us

Batchelor and Bates, potentially, could be two riders on bargain averages.

Just reading a post on another thread, I have found out that the home match against Kings Lynn, has either been postponed or cancelled. Per the fixture list, Tigers are now away on that date. 

I am really at a loss to understand why a match is taken off the fixture list like this, without a new date being arranged, and why better attention is not drawn to these actions, so fans who wish to go, can make arrangements. 

Definitely feels like they are working against, rather than with the fans, and totally fail to understand why.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Just reading a post on another thread, I have found out that the home match against Kings Lynn, has either been postponed or cancelled. Per the fixture list, Tigers are now away on that date. 

I am really at a loss to understand why a match is taken off the fixture list like this, without a new date being arranged, and why better attention is not drawn to these actions, so fans who wish to go, can make arrangements. 

Definitely feels like they are working against, rather than with the fans, and totally fail to understand why.

Totally agree,the fixture list should and is compiled at the start of the season and shouldn't be altered only for rain offs.Then these shouldn't take place of other fixtures already agreed at the start of the season.Lynn did have a home fixture originally on the 9th of September only for that to be changed to Sheffield away now it's back at home again.It says due to stadium availability at Sheffield why it is now at Lynn.Personally i think someone is telling a few porkies here.

57 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Totally agree,the fixture list should and is compiled at the start of the season and shouldn't be altered only for rain offs.Then these shouldn't take place of other fixtures already agreed at the start of the season.Lynn did have a home fixture originally on the 9th of September only for that to be changed to Sheffield away now it's back at home again.It says due to stadium availability at Sheffield why it is now at Lynn.Personally i think someone is telling a few porkies here.

Since my original post, Sheffield Speedway have now posted on their Facebook page, confirming, the change, citing stadium unavailability. Whilst I appreciate they do not own the stadium, I presume they have a rental agreement, which gives them rights, as well as obligations, which I would have thought would be taken in to account when agreeing fixtures.

• Like 1

As I said on another post why not just be open with the fans and give the real reason. Promotors would be more respected 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Stefan Nielson  took off in ambulance at Perry Barr collarbone injury.

and ribs :(

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 10:12 PM, Charlieboy said:

Well done to Adam Ellis British Champion representing Sheffield tonight. Brilliant and well deserved 

:icon_smile_clown: :oops: :rofl: .It is an INDIVIDUAL event & he was not even wearing Sheffield kevlars, "glory boy" but he even races for Scunthorpe this year in the British Leagues. But , I agree, well deserved & I was there to see it.

Even Swindon, Birmingham, Lakeside, Eastbourne, Poole, Ipswich & IOW could claim a bit in his progression, not including the foreign clubs. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

:icon_smile_clown: :oops: :rofl: .It is an INDIVIDUAL event & he was not even wearing Sheffield kevlars, "glory boy" but he even races for Scunthorpe this year in the British Leagues. But , I agree, well deserved & I was there to see it.

Even Swindon, Birmingham, Lakeside, Eastbourne, Poole, Ipswich & IOW could claim a bit in his progression, not including the foreign clubs. :rolleyes:

They did claim it on twitter especially Lakeside and Swindon! Was quite funny ;)

• Thanks 1