British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, RS50 said:

Don't you just love it. Complaints before the season that Bates would be our rising star. Complaints during the season that he won't.

4 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

That will not go down well with Ipswich and wolves fans then cus there already moaning about our guest riders 

Principles and ethics - sadly lacking in many quarters.......

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Principles and ethics - sadly lacking in many quarters.......

Bit like Ipswich getting a guest for Crump when he was fit to ride for Plymouth on Friday night

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Bit like Ipswich getting a guest for Crump when he was fit to ride for Plymouth on Friday night

He may have been programmed to ride but he certainly wasn’t fit - you could see that quite easily in last week’s televised meeting.

46 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Absolutely  - just because it's my team doing it doesn't mean I try to justify it

I've only missed a handful of home meetings in the last 35 years and almost all of those due to being out of the country but won't be attending this week by choice

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Absolutely  - just because it's my team doing it doesn't mean I try to justify it

I've only missed a handful of home meetings in the last 35 years and almost all of those due to being out of the country but won't be attending this week by choice

Same as when the Witches used R/R for Klindt at Kings Lynn first meeting of season . Shouldnt have been allowed. 

• Like 1

Guests have and always been part of speedway.

I have seen Guest riders give match winning performance and some where they have lost matches.

To be honest if Josh Bates is out for the season or any length of time I would prefer a new rising star to replace Josh.

If that was the case then I would go for Connor Bailey or James Shanes.

So this 6 month ban for Nicky P, is that just in Poland or worldwide? I reckon he would have taken some catching in the UK this season.......

On 7/6/2021 at 6:17 PM, Steve0 said:

He may have been programmed to ride but he certainly wasn’t fit - you could see that quite easily in last week’s televised meeting.

why travel all the way glasgow if not fit and prepared to ride ????? not exactly a short juorney ?????

Technically if he rides for Plymouth then Ipswich shouldn’t be allowed a guest as he’d be withholding his services 

2 minutes ago, GAH said:

why travel all the way glasgow if not fit and prepared to ride ????? not exactly a short juorney ?????

It is if you fly up...

34 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Technically if he rides for Plymouth then Ipswich shouldn’t be allowed a guest as he’d be withholding his services 

If he is withholding his services a facility IS allowed although he would  also receive a 28 ban

Glad to see your knowledge of the rules is as dodgy as your view of ethical standards :P

22 hours ago, spin king said:

Guests have and always been part of speedway.

I have seen Guest riders give match winning performance and some where they have lost matches.

To be honest if Josh Bates is out for the season or any length of time I would prefer a new rising star to replace Josh.

If that was the case then I would go for Connor Bailey or James Shanes.

James Shanes or Dan Thompson for me!

9 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If he is withholding his services a facility IS allowed although he would  also receive a 28 ban

Glad to see your knowledge of the rules is as dodgy as your view of ethical standards :P

Just because I didn’t put that doesn’t mean I didn’t know that does it. We’ve had that in the past   Ethical standards ??? You don’t believe we should have a guest for Bates but your fine with a guest for Crump ??? Look in the mirror mate !!

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

James Shanes or Dan Thompson for me!

Would Dan Thompson be a 1 star meaning if frees up a bit of leeway for changes in the team ??