British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

So Justin is sticking to the story about no houses unless the Stadium is  being built and has said  Taylor Wimpey are getting ready as he they know its going to happen . So what is gaming next move ? make sure its not ready for this season then kick the dogs out and then  start building the houses and  then close the stadium anyhow . 

Edited by orion

2 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

So why is this thread allowed to continue, Swindon is dead and gone.

Why are you still called Buxton Tiger ? they are dead and gone 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

So why is this thread allowed to continue, Swindon is dead and gone.

There might be a few who have supported Swindon for decades, and think it might happen. Others might still have hope it might happen. Some will hope until it's over.  And then theres you.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

There might be a few who have supported Swindon for decades, and think it might happen. Others might still have hope it might happen. Some will hope until it's over.  And then theres you.

Thanks, glad someone said it!!

I'm 42 now. Started going with my nan and grandad when I was 3 and was a regular until 2019. Both my grandparents aren't around anymore but going to the speedway with them are probably the best memories I have as a kid so to think of it closing forever is upsetting. My own kids and nieces and nephews have got into speedway because of me taking them to the Abbey. Unfortunately I'm in the group of people who have been going for decades but know it won't happen. But until they stop BS'ing us and putting off the inevitable with lies then people like myself, Orion and Hagonshocker will keep moaning about Tommo, Gaming and SBC. They have all played a part in getting to the bad situation we are now in.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Tric trac said:

They've started putting the grandstand together.

I drove past on the way to golf today and I would say putting the grandstand together is an optimistic claim. It looked to me like they had moved the units so they could clear the old main car park in time for Taylor Wimpey to start building the houses they aren't allowed to build until we have a fully functioning stadium! I sound cynical but I'm just being realistic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, noggin said:

There must be dozens of sites brown or green to build new homes, but know lets build around one of the last leisure areas of the town and force everyone to stay indoors, this stinks of a hatred of all things fun, Swindon really has become this unfun, boring place to live, basically a dormatory.

Shut up, go to work and pay your taxes!

On 9/7/2022 at 6:07 PM, hagonshocker said:

I know it's a long shot but I've no idea if anyone at Swindon Speedway (is it still a thing?) are actually interested in any possibility of the sport returning so have made contact with a handful of local business people I'm involved in one form of another and were going to attempt to get some cooperation and hopefully some form of subsidy from SBC (yes i know probably zero chance) regarding land and a possibility of multi function usage, Speedway and other leisure activities ...maybe a skatepark plus BMX track and for my selfish needs an open air and indoor concert venue. Believe it or not some people are interested keen on fact but we know how this Council hates sport leisure and The Arts. The USP on this must be an as much use facility as possible and possibly and reluctantly something that is of financial interest to the council but in no way let them much influence on the running of. Like I say long shot but there is Such a lack of proactiveness in this sad little area! Can only try (and rattle cages) 

There was talk Andy Hobbs, owner of Man and Van and many properties, based at Stone Lane, Lydiard Millicent was interested in investing.  His place is outside of Swindon council boundary. The Aussie guys used to have workshops there. Swindon council have no interest in much sporty, arty or recreational it seems, closing a leisure centre, two pitch n putt courses, golf course, museum etc.,

Edited by auntie doris

7 hours ago, iainb said:

Shut up, go to work and pay your taxes!

Why don't you shut up, I didn't ask for your 2pennies worth. a-hole.

Edited by noggin

4 minutes ago, noggin said:

Why don't you shut up, I didn't ask fo your 2pennies worth. a-hole.

I was actually joking... It's what the government want you to do.

I should have perhaps used an emoji :lol:

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I was actually joking... It's what the government want you to do.

I should have perhaps used an emoji :lol:

Perhaps you should, in that case I agree, they don't like fun.

30 minutes ago, noggin said:

Perhaps you should, in that case I agree, they don't like fun.

They like fun... as long as we pay for them to have it with OUR taxes. They just think we're plebs

• Like 2

Great shame to think Swindon wont be back. Absolutely bonkers to think Swindon, Newport, Reading, Exeter, Somerset and Trelawny all gone. 

Used to love my visits to Swindon, from giving them a pasting in 1999 twice in the league and cup , watching Glenn Cunningham get 5-1d twice in 13 and 15 by Wato and Smarty and having a tantrum, to the 2000/2001 days when the Robins spanked us, to the year we won with Ashley Jones in the side at number 3... great days. Always a great atmosphere on the home straight.

Will always remember Phil Morris wiping out Fryer and Fryer getting up and headbutting him . Moggo guesting for Newport and getting an 18 pointer beating Fryer 3 times. Bjarne Pedersen and Fryer having a 4 lap superb side by side race. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 8:23 AM, thecoombdog said:

I drove past on the way to golf today and I would say putting the grandstand together is an optimistic claim. It looked to me like they had moved the units so they could clear the old main car park in time for Taylor Wimpey to start building the houses they aren't allowed to build until we have a fully functioning stadium! I sound cynical but I'm just being realistic. 

The cranes have disappeared so maybe you are right. They look like rows of bus shelters stacked on top of each other.

I think I would like to see a few bricks being laid before I get too optimistic.

On 9/9/2022 at 11:34 AM, auntie doris said:

There was talk Andy Hobbs, owner of Man and Van and many properties, based at Stone Lane, Lydiard Millicent was interested in investing.  His place is outside of Swindon council boundary. The Aussie guys used to have workshops there. Swindon council have no interest in much sporty, arty or recreational it seems, closing a leisure centre, two pitch n putt courses, golf course, museum etc.,

Let's hope Andy Hobbs is the Roman Abramovich of Lydiard.