British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

29 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Where was this posted please?

Providing that is real, it looks like the club themselves have now effectively waived the right to prevent any more houses being built and the stadium will no longer be built.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Providing that is real, it looks like the club themselves have now effectively waived the right to prevent any more houses being built and the stadium will no longer be built.

Appears it's from the last SCB/BSPA meeting at the end of the month. The adver are aware & looking into it.

1 hour ago, JessicaJones said:

F95B38C8-F3D8-4BC9-9909-A95201B8E700.jpeg

This is the confirmation of what a lot of people have been saying for ages, this stadium is not going to be built. RIP swindon speedway.

If this is the case why did Terry Russell not go public on it in the local press and be honest with the supporters and tell the truth for a change. Swindon fans have had enough lies and false statements. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

If this is the case why did Terry Russell not go public on it in the local press and be honest with the supporters and tell the truth for a change. Swindon fans have had enough lies and false statements. 

I don't understand whats going on, if Terry Russell and the BSPA have known for weeks they could have issued a statement.

4 minutes ago, eric i said:

I don't understand whats going on, if Terry Russell and the BSPA have known for weeks they could have issued a statement.

Pigs might fly!!!

Yet again not  sure what  is going on.But quite clearly a lot of people have been told the dogs will stop..This could get messy as as Tr can't really use this as a reason as Clark has already said its not true that the dogs are not closing.. The coming weeks are going to show who been telling the most fibs..This of course will let  that scumbag  Tomlinson off the hook .

• Like 1

Terry has played an 'interesting' role in this throughout...

24 minutes ago, orion said:

Yet again not  sure what  is going on.But quite clearly a lot of people have been told the dogs will stop..This could get messy as as Tr can't really use this as a reason as Clark has already said its not true that the dogs are not closing.. The coming weeks are going to show who been telling the most fibs..This of course will let  that scumbag  Tomlinson off the hook .

I think we all know Osborne is blagging based on greyhounds trainers comments. TR just saying what's going on but the silence a month later is very poor from the club. I've always stuck up for them but to not say anything now is out of order. Greyhounds being closed means more rent for the speedway club I assume so have they shut the dogs to finish off the speedway?

Popped up there today. It's a sorry site.

Nice new road built where the pits once were though!

29 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I think we all know Osborne is blagging based on greyhounds trainers comments. TR just saying what's going on but the silence a month later is very poor from the club. I've always stuck up for them but to not say anything now is out of order. Greyhounds being closed means more rent for the speedway club I assume so have they shut the dogs to finish off the speedway?

Thats what it looks like to me. TR should probably just take the track as it is without the stadium being built and ask for a much reduced rent. Osborne would probably find another excuse though.

12 minutes ago, eric i said:

Thats what it looks like to me. TR should probably just take the track as it is without the stadium being built and ask for a much reduced rent. Osborne would probably find another excuse though.

The problem is that when they said work had started up there all they actually did was make the site completely unusable for speedway. Ripped the pits out and flattened the grass bankings to view on.