British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

3 hours ago, JCookie said:

A ) Why are they appealing for a brand new motorsport venue as though someone might be throwing one away? Surely anyone connected to motorsports in the area has some awareness of what's happened at Swindon already?

B ) Why are they getting involved with Gaming International to find a new track? The exact same people who have just driven them from their perfectly good home?

A) A field maybe?  B) Anything to do with the planning conditions on the track?

3 hours ago, JCookie said:

A ) Why are they appealing for a brand new motorsport venue as though someone might be throwing one away? Surely anyone connected to motorsports in the area has some awareness of what's happened at Swindon already?

B ) Why are they getting involved with Gaming International to find a new track? The exact same people who have just driven them from their perfectly good home?

And why hasnt someone else been given the chance to run the sport in the brand new facility that still needs to be built to comply with the building permission for the houses.. ?

• Like 7

I wouldn't believe a word Terry Russell says, he's probably sunning himself in the Caribbean burning his way through the Gaming International bung.

• Like 2

This would be laughable if it wasn't so sad...

The front of messrs Russell and Osborne seems to have no limits.

Have to laugh that the rationale is the lack of multi-use options at Blunsdon.

Err...are you not supposed to be building a new stadium? Maybe, just maybe, adjust the plans to accommodate those options?

Full of rubbishe...

Edited by frigbo
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, eric i said:

I wouldn't believe a word Terry Russell says, he's probably sunning himself in the Caribbean burning his way through the Gaming International bung.

Harsh words mate. Proof

• Haha 2

From that www.swindonmotorsports.co.uk comedy site:-

"Clarke Osborne

Clarke is Chairman of Gaming International the owners of the Swindon Stadium at Abbeymeads. Not known by many, Clarke has a long history in Speedway and motorsport, including the creation and operation of the most successful Speedway venue of the modern era in Bristol. "

At first I thought they'd mistyped "Bristol" for "Manchester", but Clarke Osborne has nothing to do with that.   So I can only assume I have missed the Bristol Superdome.   Can anyone tell me where it is? 

• Like 1

Fair play to Osbourne Clark a ex landlord with no interest in Speedway is  Helping us put a new stadium together .. what a thoroughly nice chap 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, orion said:

Fair play to Osbourne Clark a ex landlord with no interest in Speedway is looking Helping us put a new stadium together .. what a thoroughly nice chap 

You might think he's got no interest in Speedway, but apart from creating Britain's most successful speedway at the Bristol Superdome, he's also been a promoter at Oxford. Poole, Swindon, Reading, White City and Wembley.  

It's true because it says so on that website.   And we all know that the Clarkster wouldn't tell lies.

I wouldn't mind betting that he's also secretly been  7-times world champion.   

Amazingly, part of their team, on the website, under ‘professional team’ is DPP planning consultants and the very man that was at Rugby Borough Council last night campaigning to get Brandon closed down and was slating speedway! :unsure: at points 1:13:17 and 1:29:28... interesting comments!

Edited by batters
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

From that www.swindonmotorsports.co.uk comedy site:-

"Clarke Osborne

Clarke is Chairman of Gaming International the owners of the Swindon Stadium at Abbeymeads. Not known by many, Clarke has a long history in Speedway and motorsport, including the creation and operation of the most successful Speedway venue of the modern era in Bristol. "

At first I thought they'd mistyped "Bristol" for "Manchester", but Clarke Osborne has nothing to do with that.   So I can only assume I have missed the Bristol Superdome.   Can anyone tell me where it is? 

It's actually pretty easy to find. Turn off the M4 and head down the M32 to Eastville. Look for IKEA on the right. It's just underneath there.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, frigbo said:

This would be laughable if it wasn't so sad...

The front of messrs Russell and Osborne seems to have no limits.

Have to laugh that the rationale is the lack of multi-use options at Blunsdon.

Err...are you not supposed to be building a new stadium? Maybe, just maybe, adjust the plans to accommodate those options?

Full of rubbishe...

I see Alun Rossiter and Lee Kilby are no longer listed on there as "advisors". I wonder if they asked to have their names removed?

• Like 1

Just now, Grachan said:

I see Alun Rossiter and Lee Kilby are no longer listed on there as "advisors". I wonder if they asked to have their names removed?

Yea they did ... the first thing they got right in this whole saga .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Their advice wasnt needed to build the "most successful Speedway venue of the modern era in Bristol" anyway, so I am sure "all will be fine" without their input... :rolleyes:

The lack of public fight being shown still amazes me, Swindon fans seem so laid back and accepting of this "sh*tshow"..

3 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

You might think he's got no interest in Speedway, but apart from creating Britain's most successful speedway at the Bristol Superdome, he's also been a promoter at Oxford. Poole, Swindon, Reading, White City and Wembley.  

It's true because it says so on that website.   And we all know that the Clarkster wouldn't tell lies.

I wouldn't mind betting that he's also secretly been  7-times world champion.   

And how many of those are still running speedway?  Looks like Poole are next (and last) on the list…

Edited by Steve0

This mythical track within 45 minutes of Swindon is hardly going to entice the lost fans to track that distance for home matches, we had one which was easily reachable, even within walking distance for many, you can smell the bs from every word, perhaps they should stfu and stop trying to conn the good and loyal Robins supporters. They know they've shafted us so trying to get us on side, not working here buddy.

Edited by noggin