British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

20 hours ago, Rebel1 said:

Even if racing does go ahead I wonder how many fans would risk being in close proximity on the terraces? I would be doubtful of the virus being eradicated even when the powers that be say it is safe to proceed. Hong Kong thought it was clear and then it erupted with 40+ cases last week. They have closed all borders now but here we still keep getting immigrants crossing from who knows where.

How many fans will have the money to go. A lot of people will have financial worries when this crisis is over.

On 3/25/2020 at 3:51 PM, cityrebel said:

How many fans will have the money to go. A lot of people will have financial worries when this crisis is over.

I keep hearing rumours about Speedway re-starting later in the year. Does anyone know about that ?  None of the people I am in touch with about

Speedway have any idea and just guess what the situation might be when I talk to them on the phone.

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

I keep hearing rumours about Speedway re-starting later in the year. Does anyone know about that ?  None of the people I am in touch with about

Speedway have any idea and just guess what the situation might be when I talk to them on the phone.

Nothing definite...it is just talk at the moment. Authorities hope to get something going.

Govt. has not allowed public gatherings, as yet.

When they do, the number of people allowed in the stadium will be critical.

The other issue will be - will people feel safe?

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Rob Godfrey, the chairman of the BSPL (formerly BSPA) gives weekly reports on the situation to the Speedway Star, so there's mo need to involve rumours. This week's piece states a hope to start in August, depending on on the government's July plans for the easing of lockdown. He mentions running a Premiership of six home and six away matches per club and possibly a north/south split in the Championship with playoffs.

No need to know the right people when the Speedway Star is reporting what is going on. The information is out there......

Edited by RobMcCaffery

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Rob Godfrey, the chairman of the BSPL (formerly BSPA) gives weekly reports on the situation to the Speedway Star, so there's mo need to involve rumours. This week's piece states a hope to start in August, depending on on the government's July plans for the easing of lockdown. He mentions running a Premiership of six home and six away matches per club and possibly a north/south split in the Championship with playoffs.

No need to know the right people when the Speedway Star is reporting what is going on. The information is out there......

I think Mr Godfrey maybe a tad optimistic.

One issue could be the quarantine regulations on travel which haven't even started yet, as far as the UK is concerned.

6 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

I think Mr Godfrey maybe a tad optimistic.

One issue could be the quarantine regulations on travel which haven't even started yet, as far as the UK is concerned.

On the other hand Richard, he's probably talking to people who know the situation rather better than supporters. 

5 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

On the other hand Richard, he's probably talking to people who know the situation rather better than supporters. 

Whatever Godfrey is doing, which is at least positive and trying to engineer scenarios, it is currently impossible to see any scenario where crowds of any sufficient number will be allowed back in to watch any sport.

At some point the Government will have to give an indication of when crowds can gather, in what sports and in what numbers and with some indication of the steps back to anything like the old norms. 

Hard to see that being in 3 figures in 2020 at the moment.

Our death rates are staggeringly high still compared with other parts of Europe.

We may see it take a year or more for all seater stadia as an example to be allowed to sell all seats.

There will be some form of social distancing until any fear of wave 2 has receded and it's hard to see that being any time other than after winter 20/21. 

The most likely scenario is that speedway may be able to restart with some restrictions in April 2021.

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Whatever Godfrey is doing, which is at least positive and trying to engineer scenarios, it is currently impossible to see any scenario where crowds of any sufficient number will be allowed back in to watch any sport.

At some point the Government will have to give an indication of when crowds can gather, in what sports and in what numbers and with some indication of the steps back to anything like the old norms. 

Hard to see that being in 3 figures in 2020 at the moment.

Our death rates are staggeringly high still compared with other parts of Europe.

We may see it take a year or more for all seater stadia as an example to be allowed to sell all seats.

There will be some form of social distancing until any fear of wave 2 has receded and it's hard to see that being any time other than after winter 20/21. 

The most likely scenario is that speedway may be able to restart with some restrictions in April 2021.

Times change. I prefer to observe and hope rather than find ways not to be optimistic. Life's too short to just work out ways in which things can't happen. Very little we think or say here will have any impact. We are not privy to the whole story so I just leave them to get on with it rather than just give up and take the easy, negative way out.  

On 5/29/2020 at 12:27 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

Times change. I prefer to observe and hope rather than find ways not to be optimistic. Life's too short to just work out ways in which things can't happen. Very little we think or say here will have any impact. We are not privy to the whole story so I just leave them to get on with it rather than just give up and take the easy, negative way out.  

Does that mean we should not be curious ?  Personally, as a life long fan, I am very curious about what is going to happen. Today  I had a phone call from a Speedway

friend who lives in Ashford and he said that he had heard that Central Park was re-starting dogs and also getting ready for Speedway.  Is that just a rumour or are there

facts to support it ?  Or do I have to read it in the Speedway Star as RobMcCaffery suggests ?

greyhounds behind closed doors looks to be a goer.

Not worthwhile planning for speedway at the moment

The dogs are starting tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Does that mean we should not be curious ?  Personally, as a life long fan, I am very curious about what is going to happen. Today  I had a phone call from a Speedway

friend who lives in Ashford and he said that he had heard that Central Park was re-starting dogs and also getting ready for Speedway.  Is that just a rumour or are there

facts to support it ?  Or do I have to read it in the Speedway Star as RobMcCaffery suggests ?

First news of any public speedway on UK will come from

SpeedwayGB

follow them on Facebook and or Twitter.

also keep checking Kent website and social media. 

On 5/31/2020 at 7:31 PM, Richard Weston said:

First news of any public speedway on UK will come from

SpeedwayGB

follow them on Facebook and or Twitter.

also keep checking Kent website and social media. 

With Covid infections still in the daily thousands, I cannot see the government allowing any form of mass gatherings in stadiums for a long

time yet.  

On 3/25/2020 at 3:51 PM, cityrebel said:

A portion have unfortunately been affected negatively, but statistically the vast majority of the population have MORE money as they have spent far less in the last 3 months, record additions to Savings account in the last 3 months 

8 hours ago, peckover said:

A portion have unfortunately been affected negatively, but statistically the vast majority of the population have MORE money as they have spent far less in the last 3 months, record additions to Savings account in the last 3 months 

Looking at the queues outside the shops, a few will be emptying their savings accounts!