British Speedway Forum
hawks 1975

KENT ROYALS 2020

Juat picked up on the Championship column that Kent are to race on Tuesdays and also using Bank Holiday Mondays for National League matches

On 6/19/2020 at 11:14 AM, East End Fan said:

Juat picked up on the Championship column that Kent are to race on Tuesdays and also using Bank Holiday Mondays for National League matches

Very interesting to note that on this forum at both Championship and National League level, there has been no comment on the Tuesday race day for Kent.

I would have thought that a major change like a different race day would have produced a response.  Or don't people care ?

2 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Very interesting to note that on this forum at both Championship and National League level, there has been no comment on the Tuesday race day for Kent.

I would have thought that a major change like a different race day would have produced a response.  Or don't people care ?

Kent can run on Tuesdays or Mondays. They just will not get priority over riders. Premiership will get first call on the Bank Holidays and Sweden on Tuesdays. As has been reported Kent realised that the lack of Swedes in the Championship this year would prevent clashes if start permission is granted for the 2020 season. 

In the same way, in theory, Poland's regular use of Mondays for extra TV events would see any British activity that night take priority......in theory. 

On 7/8/2020 at 1:06 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

Kent can run on Tuesdays or Mondays. They just will not get priority over riders. Premiership will get first call on the Bank Holidays and Sweden on Tuesdays. As has been reported Kent realised that the lack of Swedes in the Championship this year would prevent clashes if start permission is granted for the 2020 season. 

In the same way, in theory, Poland's regular use of Mondays for extra TV events would see any British activity that night take priority......in theory. 

That will not matter because, as I understand it, Mondays  ( Bank Holidays only) will be used for National League events. Tuesdays for Championship and

with no Swedish riders and no other Tuesday tracks in UK, Kent will have an uninterrupted race day.   Good move, I think.  Surprised at the lack of comment

about it. 

6 hours ago, East End Fan said:

That will not matter because, as I understand it, Mondays  ( Bank Holidays only) will be used for National League events. Tuesdays for Championship and

with no Swedish riders and no other Tuesday tracks in UK, Kent will have an uninterrupted race day.   Good move, I think.  Surprised at the lack of comment

about it. 

I think it's all pie in the sky at the moment. If league racing does commence this season and fixtures are released, it will be more of a topic for conversation.

On 7/13/2020 at 7:37 PM, cityrebel said:

I think it's all pie in the sky at the moment. If league racing does commence this season and fixtures are released, it will be more of a topic for conversation.

I do not think that the election to run on Tuesdays is just for 2020 so will be in force next season too.

2 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

I do not think that the election to run on Tuesdays is just for 2020 so will be in force next season too.

Hopefully, there will be a 'next Season'

22 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Hopefully, there will be a 'next Season'

Len has already stated publically that regardless of what happens, Kent are good to run in the championship in 2021. Think in most part due to making a profit every year we have existed. Hopefully most other clubs will come back to tapes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Len has already stated publically that regardless of what happens, Kent are good to run in the championship in 2021. Think in most part due to making a profit every year we have existed. Hopefully most other clubs will come back to tapes.

Do you think you'll run 2 teams though?

I think those of us who rent off dog tracks could see a hike in rents.

Possible a few Clubs who planned to run NDL and CL or PL also may look to reduce costs in 2021

49 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I was referring to british speedway as a whole. If the bug is still around next Easter, we will be where we are now.

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I was referring to british speedway as a whole. If the bug is still around next Easter, we will be where we are now.

Understand your concern.  Some good vibrations at present about a vaccine, so we must hope that we find a successful one before March.

In the meantime it seems that some racing will be permitted, subject to some test events proving successful, in October.  So no likelihood

of any official competition, but maybe a few challenge matches. Keep our fingers crossed.

13 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Understand your concern.  Some good vibrations at present about a vaccine, so we must hope that we find a successful one before March.

In the meantime it seems that some racing will be permitted, subject to some test events proving successful, in October.  So no likelihood

of any official competition, but maybe a few challenge matches. Keep our fingers crossed.

I would accept anything, just to ease the boredom!

14 hours ago, cityrebel said:

My mistake, yeah that has to be a valid concern too.i was thinking on a purely financial basis.

On 7/18/2020 at 10:04 AM, teaboy279 said:

My mistake, yeah that has to be a valid concern too.i was thinking on a purely financial basis.

Thinking about the financial future.  what will be the effect of millions of unemployed people come October when government furlough

scheme ends ?  None of those will be able to afford to attend speedway, or anything else for that matter.  Could be the catalyst for basic

changes to Speedway as we know it.  And many other mass entertainment businesses too, even football.

12 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Thinking about the financial future.  what will be the effect of millions of unemployed people come October when government furlough

scheme ends ?  None of those will be able to afford to attend speedway, or anything else for that matter.  Could be the catalyst for basic

changes to Speedway as we know it.  And many other mass entertainment businesses too, even football.

Hopefully it will.