British Speedway Forum
Noodles

Peterborough Panthers 2021

35 minutes ago, arnieg said:

If the figures here are correct

http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/statistics21

Then Ostergaard will be number 1, and Harris at reserve, but you have to go to four decimal places to split him and Nicholls (5.8140 v 5.8144)

I believe that in that case the higher rider in the current averages remains the higher rider.

However I don’t believe Ulrich has completed enough matches to get an established MA so will remain at 4.00 assessed

Edited by NeilWatson

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

I believe that in that case the higher rider in the current averages remains the higher rider.

However I don’t believe Ulrich has completed enough matches to get an established MA so will remain at 4.00 assessed

Having checked I agree.

I assumed 10 matches (including his 2019 appearances) would be enough. But he's done 7 home and 3 away, so presumably will get an average after one more away match.

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

If the figures here are correct

http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/statistics21

Then Ostergaard will be number 1, and Harris at reserve, but you have to go to four decimal places to split him and Nicholls (5.8140 v 5.8144)

Ostergaard only did 4 official matches for Peterborough in 2019 and was a guest in the Ipswich away match in August so he has only 1 Away to count from 2019 (plus 3 home) and his 2021 matches are  4 home and 2 away so he is one away short for a new MA in July so should stay on his assessed 4.00.

Thats of course assuming the BSPL don’t revise his GSA for July 1st which they could do.

July GSA are due out anytime.

• Like 1

Harris could actually do with a spell at reserve in this team to build some confidence up 

9 hours ago, Flappy said:

Harris could actually do with a spell at reserve in this team to build some confidence up 

Being at reserve illustrates that Harris' time as a top flight rider is almost over. In all those years he still hasn't cracked bike setup,  reliability or modern fitness. 

• Like 2

Ulrich's average remains at 4.00 for the 1st July Green Sheets. I believe (from 'BCD's post above)he will achieve an established average after Thursday's meeting at Kings Lynn, which will be effective from the home meeting on 12th July.

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Being at reserve illustrates that Harris' time as a top flight rider is almost over. In all those years he still hasn't cracked bike setup,  reliability or modern fitness. 

Completely agree.   He is racing on a much smaller budget these days.  Definitely carrying more weight than most other riders and driving as well as riding to meetings is a disadvantage too. 
on his day he can be brilliant but those days are getting less frequent.  Last year at foxhall he really struggled but it was either the track’s fault or he couldn’t find the set up !!!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flappy said:

However at reserve I'd expect him to clean up

What wash the cups and sweep the floor of the changing rooms? ;)

• Haha 1

But although he has the higher average (see my earlier post) I think that, for the reasoning outlined by Neil, Nicholls will be at reserve once Ulrich gets a new average.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What wash the cups and sweep the floor of the changing rooms? ;)

He had the same chores when he rode at Ipswich  but there was no cups to clean there for some reason !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

He had the same chores when he rode at Ipswich  but there was no cups to clean there for some reason !!

Lots of cobwebs though to keep him busy :t:

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Excellent reply Scooby.

• Like 1

Looks like Bomber drops down to reserve now for a period of time..... 

Can't be bad!

6 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Looks like Bomber drops down to reserve now for a period of time..... 

Can't be bad!

It could be Scott that drops down. If two riders have the same average the average will be checked to the nth decimal place to see if they can be split.

If the averages are truly identical then the higher placed rider from the previous GSA issue shall retain the higher position.

Either way it gives Peterborough another very strong reserve for the rest of July.

• Like 1