British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Can they only ride to cover riders out with Covid?
Also what does the Warsaw contract mean?

See R&R reply - just to add with regards the Warsaw contracts, that these riders are free to move teams whenever they wish. Riders without a contract/team though can’t join until the first transfer window.

• Like 1

Presumably following Artem Laguta contracting coronavirus, Wroclaw have moved to cover themselves even more by adding Jakub Jamrog as an extra guest rider to the already recently signed Andrejs Lebedev.

Newly updated list of sparing matches for the Extraleague teams( thanks to Stewmac)

FOGO Unia Leszno:
TBA - Falubaz Zielona Góra (home or away)
TBA - Falubaz Zielona Góra (home or away)

MY BERMUDA Stal Gorzów:
March 21: MY BERMUDAS Stal Gorzów - BETARD Sparta Wrocław
March 23: MY BERMUDAS Stal Gorzów - eWinner Apator Toruń
March 30: eWinner Apator Toruń - MY BERMUDA Stal Gorzów

BETARD Sparta Wrocław:
March 21: MY BERMUDAS Stal Gorzów - BETARD Sparta Wrocław
March 24: Falubaz Zielona Góra - BETARD Sparta Wrocław
March 25: BETARD Sparta Wrocław - Falubaz Zielona Góra

Falubaz Zielona Góra:
TBA - FOGO Unia Leszno (home or away)
TBA - FOGO Unia Leszno (home or away)
March 24: BETARD Sparta Wrocław - Falubaz Zielona Góra
March 25: Falubaz Zielona Góra - BETARD Sparta Wrocław
March 27: Orzeł Łódź (home or away)
March 28: Orzeł Łódź (home or away)

ELTROX Włókniarz Częstochowa:
TBA - AFORTI Start Gniezno (home or away)
TBA - AFORTI Start Gniezno (home or away)
TBA - Unia Tarnów (home or away)
27 March - ZOOLESZCZ DPV LOGISTIC GKM Grudziądz - home
28 March - ZOOLESZCZ DPV LOGISTIC GKM Grudziądz - away

Motor Lublin:
TBA - Zdunek Wybrzeże (training camp in Gdańsk)
TBA - Zdunek Wybrzeże (training camp in Gdańsk)

ZOOLESZCZ DPV LOGISTIC GKM Grudziądz:
TBA - ARGED MALESA Ostrów Wielkopolski (home)
TBA - ARGED MALESA Ostrów Wielkopolski (away)
27 March - ELTROX Włókniarz Częstochowa (away)
28 March - ELTROX Włókniarz Częstochowa (home)

eWinner Apator Toruń:
TBA - ARGED MALESA Ostrów Wielkopolski (home or away)
TBA - ARGED MALESA Ostrów Wielkopolski (home or away)
TBA - ABRAMCZYK Polonia Bydgoszcz (home or away)
TBA - ABRAMCZYK Polonia Bydgoszcz (home or away)
23 March - MY BERMUDA Stal Gorzów (away)
March 30 - MY BERMUDA Stal Gorzów (home)

• Like 1

Not sure what`s going on but seems to be problems at Gorzow- this is from the PZM today(google translated)
At the request of Ekstraliga Żużlowa Sp. z o.o., the Main Speedway Sports Commission on March 17, 2021.
suspends the track license in Gorzów Wielkopolski, which means that any driving on the track is prohibited,
including training until the track is picked up.
2. We give the dates of the interim league transfer windows:
- mid-year transfer window I: April 19, 2021 - April 23, 2021
- mid-year transfer window II: May 17, 2021 - May 21, 2021
- mid-year transfer window III: July 27, 2021 - July 31, 2021
- mid-year transfer window iv: August 23, 2021 - August 27, 2021

From Sportowefakty(Google translation)
The suspension of the track license in Gorzów is a consequence of the works that began at the stadium. Edward Jancarz. The club decided to expand the VIP lounges. So far, there have been 24 such spaces on the site. When finished, there will be 10 more. The problem is that the inhabitants of Gorzów did not report the entry of heavy equipment onto the track (this constitutes an interference in it). Now the track at the stadium Edward Jancarz will have to be re-verified. The question is when PZM will find time for it. Moreover, Moje Bermuda Stal Gorzów is threatened with disciplinary proceedings.
Moje Bermuda Stal Gorzów decided to finance the construction of the beds from its own pocket, despite the fact that the building at ul. Śląska belongs to the city. According to CEO Grzyb, it is an investment.
Although the reconstruction of the stadium will cost over a million zlotys, on each additional box Moje Bermuda Stal earns about 50 thousand. PLN per year. In total, the profit from the new boxes will amount to 500 thousand. PLN during one season only.
Construction works at the stadium in Gorzów may take up to 2.5 months. This means that the boxes will not be ready for the start of the new season of PGE Ekstraliga, which is planned for April.

Poland has just today announced a national lockdown due to Covid from Saturday until April 9th. It is highly likely start of the Polish season will not start until after that.

22 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Poland has just today announced a national lockdown due to Covid from Saturday until April 9th. It is highly likely start of the Polish season will not start until after that.

Worryingly for witches speedway,  nicolai klindt has tweeted today that he is off to Poland in next couple of days as his team are starting league on April 4th with practices and test matches first. Hope he's allowed to travel once he gets there :unsure:

3 hours ago, Badge said:

Worryingly for witches speedway,  nicolai klindt has tweeted today that he is off to Poland in next couple of days as his team are starting league on April 4th with practices and test matches first. Hope he's allowed to travel once he gets there :unsure:

Wouldn't surprise me if he and others face a choice to go and stay therefore giving up the UK or foregoing Poland and sticking with the UK....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he and others face a choice to go and stay therefore giving up the UK or foregoing Poland and sticking with the UK....

I’d be very surprised if they don’t impose the same restrictions as they did last year aswell, where they expect riders to base themselves in the country for the year. Could be wrong but just have a hunch!

• Like 1

Looks like it’s been confirmed elsewhere (assuming the season starts as planned - reports in the last few days seemed to imply it will start without fans) that Dominik Kubera will miss the first 3 matches of Lublin season. As posted before, Lublin refused to pay Leszno a transfer fee so he can’t be registered until the first transfer window. Could make life hard going for Lublin in those matches!

Also, relevant what happens to Gorzow starting the season on time and their track.

Edited by Najjer

Patryk Dudek is isolating after testing positive for Covid. 

Looks like he will be going into ZG's first match in a fortnight cold. ZG are in the process of arranging guest cover, with Rohan Tungate possibly going to be named as one of two covid guests. 

Edited by stewmac

Also rumours of Bellego, Zengota and Lyager along with Tungate being linked to ZG as covid guest cover.

What's the rules regarding Covid guest riders and Warsaw contracts? Can they be used in any meetings like a normal squad member? And if so, why have they got fancy names and not just labelled as squad members? Lots of rules in Poland

Also... Who is now allowed to be the number 8/16? Is it the u-24 riders or just the u-21 riders now?

Edited by Dandelion

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

What's the rules regarding Covid guest riders and Warsaw contracts? Can they be used in any meetings like a normal squad member? And if so, why have they got fancy names and not just labelled as squad members? Lots of rules in Poland

Also... Who is now allowed to be the number 8/16? Is it the u-24 riders or just the u-21 riders now?

A Covid guest rider signed by a club can ONLY ride and replace a  team rider who has been diagnosed as having Covid. A Warsaw contract rider can ride for the team he has signed a contract with but is also allowed to move clubs at any time. The 8 and 16 are U 23 and can only replace 1-5 team members unless the 8 /16 is Polish U 21 and then could replace 6/7 and 14/15.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Worrying times for speedway riders who have opted to ride in Poland.  I just cannot see how riders can realistically expect to race in both Poland and another country's speedway league (be it UK  Sweden or Denmark ) with the limited options for travel  around Europe at the moment.  Fewer flights and long delays and lots of health checks on entry and exit.

I guess most will go for the money and stay in Poland, rather than stay in the UK. ..... or woudl you stay in teh UK for less money but lower risk of COVID? ??