British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

53 minutes ago, JIROUT said:

Many clubs do have a say in clothing that is produced.....Your point about the 2 reserves pit crew all being decked out is exactly that...Riders do there own Caps..Polos...Hoodies etc...Many sell through the track shop and most we sell without taking any commission....We want to do the best we can for our customers and to advertise the club as well as we possibly can......But you have to remember Speedway is not Football ...F1.....etc...The profits are not large...The work is hard but we do it cos we love the Sport.....If you think massive companies doing the merchandise will double the crowds and keep the merchandise affordable then i think you may be living in a different universe

That's not what I think at all, it's going to take a lot more than merchandise to get the sport back on an even keel.

I'm just wondering why some clubs sub out their merch while other's keep it in house, surely those that do in-house are not making a loss or they wouldn't be doing it. At the end of the day it's money going out of the club/sport... to you, and don't get me wrong, good luck to you, but Speedway needs every penny it can get at the moment. It's akin to all the riders pay going to engine tuners, when they should be running standard un-tuned kit.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

That's not what I think at all, it's going to take a lot more than merchandise to get the sport back on an even keel.

I'm just wondering why some clubs sub out their merch while other's keep it in house, surely those that do in-house are not making a loss or they wouldn't be doing it. At the end of the day it's money going out of the club/sport... to you, and don't get me wrong, good luck to you, but Speedway needs every penny it can get at the moment. It's akin to all the riders pay going to engine tuners, when they should be running standard un-tuned kit.

Exactly my point......Many clubs have tried and lost money.....hence why we have 6 track shops i guess...Had tracks done there own stuff in 2020 and paid out for stock i think some could have been in trouble.....i know we were

15 minutes ago, JIROUT said:

Exactly my point......Many clubs have tried and lost money.....hence why we have 6 track shops i guess...Had tracks done there own stuff in 2020 and paid out for stock i think some could have been in trouble.....i know we were

How do you think it's possible for me to order a Tobias Musielak shirt in whatever size I like in Poland for around £20? With personalisation. 

There can't be that much call for them surely. How do you think they can still do that and still be making a profit? Genuine question. 

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

How do you think it's possible for me to order a Tobias Musielak shirt in whatever size I like in Poland for around £20? With personalisation. 

There can't be that much call for them surely. How do you think they can still do that and still be making a profit? Genuine question. 

Lots of riders have their merchandise bought for them by sponsors. They then sell at the price they want, with all of the money going to the rider. It is a sponsorship a lot of the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

A lot of riders have merchandise paid by the sponsors.....Profit making is not the reason for the merchandise it is advertising the sponsors

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we have all established that most clubs clearly don’t want to take the risk of running their own track shops , but Iainb won’t accept that for Leicester Speedway it is the best business decision , if the rent from jaybea allows us to sign a better calibre rider or helps keep the club afloat then I have no issue with it . 
@iainb can i ask if you have any issue with the quality of product from Jaybea or is your opinion purely on the your belief the club should run their own track shop ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

I think we have all established that most clubs clearly don’t want to take the risk of running their own track shops , but Iainb won’t accept that for Leicester Speedway it is the best business decision , if the rent from jaybea allows us to sign a better calibre rider or helps keep the club afloat then I have no issue with it . 
@iainb can i ask if you have any issue with the quality of product from Jaybea or is your opinion purely on the your belief the club should run their own track shop ? 

What are you talking about? Iainb won't accept it, of course I accept it I have no choice other than to accept it. I was just asking the question why there was no Championship winning merchandise, specifically t-shirts, produced so the club could cash in on their success... @JIROUT very kindly came on here to explain that such merch was produced... even though I haven't seen anything that mentions Leicester are Champions and that he pockets the profits, fair play to him, and pays a rent to the club.

You say most clubs, as far as I'm aware JayBea only provides for 7 clubs... by maths, that's not most. Can't comment on the quality but a lot of it certainly looks fine, more than than in a lot of cases.

Would I sub out the merch if I were in charge of the club, possibly with clauses, possibly not... we'll never know because there's no way I'd ever sink any of my money into a Speedway club with the current way the sport is run.

It's just that all of you Leicester Lions can do no wrong and the sun shines out of the promotion's asses  and the racing is brilliant every week on the country's best track merchants have got your knickers in a twist.

Leicester can do what the hell they like as a club, if they want to win the League and never mention it again, fine, if they want to sub out their merch and not maximise their success, fine. if you don't want to enter into a discussion about it these forums are the wrong place for you. 

You were on these forums last Friday begging for the Edinburgh meeting to be called off on the Friday! Slagging off Glyn Taylor. How did you feel on the Saturday at 7pm?

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, iainb said:

What are you talking about? Iainb won't accept it, of course I accept it I have no choice other than to accept it. I was just asking the question why there was no Championship winning merchandise, specifically t-shirts, produced so the club could cash in on their success... @JIROUT very kindly came on here to explain that such merch was produced... even though I haven't seen anything that mentions Leicester are Champions and that he pockets the profits, fair play to him, and pays a rent to the club.

You say most clubs, as far as I'm aware JayBea only provides for 7 clubs... by maths, that's not most. Can't comment on the quality but a lot of it certainly looks fine, more than than in a lot of cases.

Would I sub out the merch if I were in charge of the club, possibly with clauses, possibly not... we'll never know because there's no way I'd ever sink any of my money into a Speedway club with the current way the sport is run.

It's just that all of you Leicester Lions can do no wrong and the sun shines out of the promotion's asses  and the racing is brilliant every week on the country's best track merchants have got your knickers in a twist.

Leicester can do what the hell they like as a club, if they want to win the League and never mention it again, fine, if they want to sub out their merch and not maximise their success, fine. if you don't want to enter into a discussion about it these forums are the wrong place for you. 

You were on these forums last Friday begging for the Edinburgh meeting to be called off on the Friday! Slagging off Glyn Taylor. How did you feel on the Saturday at 7pm?

The fact is Iain that Leicester is a brilliantly run club....Great Track.....Great Riders...Great Fans.......As a Track Shop we do our best to advertise the club........My dad used to be a Speedway Promotor in the 70's ...so we have been involved in Speedway for getting on for 50 years...We make mistakes im sure.......Some things we bring in are not popular ,,,,,some are.....We take the good with the bad......Champions merchandise in Speedway as well as Football is very much a short window of time.......Had 2020 happened the Track Shop wouild have been full of Champions merchandise,...Hopefully 2022 will be the same.....but usually after a championship season the team is very much different means from oct-may after a championship success you can sell stuff....after that it really does slow down very much....I am sure people on here have Champions Merchandise they purchased in October 2019......Its now August 2021...Covid really did us no favours...But as i have said...If you wanted to pop in the shop on Saturday,Bev will im sure be happy to chat

27 minutes ago, JIROUT said:

The fact is Iain that Leicester is a brilliantly run club....Great Track.....Great Riders...Great Fans.......As a Track Shop we do our best to advertise the club........My dad used to be a Speedway Promotor in the 70's ...so we have been involved in Speedway for getting on for 50 years...We make mistakes im sure.......Some things we bring in are not popular ,,,,,some are.....We take the good with the bad......Champions merchandise in Speedway as well as Football is very much a short window of time.......Had 2020 happened the Track Shop wouild have been full of Champions merchandise,...Hopefully 2022 will be the same.....but usually after a championship season the team is very much different means from oct-may after a championship success you can sell stuff....after that it really does slow down very much....I am sure people on here have Champions Merchandise they purchased in October 2019......Its now August 2021...Covid really did us no favours...But as i have said...If you wanted to pop in the shop on Saturday,Bev will im sure be happy to chat

Agree with everything you say... except for the track, the track, imo, is a disaster!

Also, just because things are run well, it doesn't mean they can't be done better, there's not much self promotion being done at Leicester, especially around the Championship success. 

Although the crowds seem to have held up quite well, it's not what you'd call great... or anywhere near approaching capacity. 

Edited by iainb

If u go into a fish and chip you can buy fish and chips.

So why is it when I've been into a track shop no one sells a track?! 

I'm lost on this one! 

:rofl:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, iainb said:

I wasn’t on the forum “begging” for the meeting to be called off. I told you the meeting would be off. Low & behold early Saturday morning the meeting was called off so my comments the day before proved to be right the damage was all done on the Friday so regardless of the weather on Saturday there would be no speedway . It’s a well known fact that after they let Glyn loose with track alterations bends 3 & 4 just flood & does not drain at all . I agree that racing at Leicester can be drab at times but its a damn sight better then it ever was under Glyn 

1 minute ago, Lenny Lion said:

I wasn’t on the forum “begging” for the meeting to be called off. I told you the meeting would be off. Low & behold early Saturday morning the meeting was called off so my comments the day before proved to be right the damage was all done on the Friday so regardless of the weather on Saturday there would be no speedway . It’s a well known fact that after they let Glyn loose with track alterations bends 3 & 4 just flood & does not drain at all . I agree that racing at Leicester can be drab at times but its a damn sight better then it ever was under Glyn 

Go to bed!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PirateShip said:

If u go into a fish and chip you can buy fish and chips.

So why is it when I've been into a track shop no one sells a track?! 

I'm lost on this one! 

:rofl:

You ever been to charity shop, and asked for charity?

Edited by chunky

I'm likely to be in Leicester on 4th September, there's a reserved spot for a fixture, is there any chance of a fixture, or not???

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chunky said:

You every been to charity shop, and asked for charity?

Yep, she's that luvvly blonde lady out of Emmerdale! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip