British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
womble53

Somerset Closure

Looked up Shale Events Ltd on companies house. Only incorporated on 17th January 2023, only got one shareholder - Greg Notaro-Daniels - anyone heard of him?

Seems very last minute if they have been putting a consortium together and putting so much effort and money into the application / presentation.  And if it is a consortium wouldn't they all have some shares, not just one person?

Just now, Fina said:

Looked up Shale Events Ltd on companies house. Only incorporated on 17th January 2023, only got one shareholder - Greg Notaro-Daniels - anyone heard of him?

Seems very last minute if they have been putting a consortium together and putting so much effort and money into the application / presentation.  And if it is a consortium wouldn't they all have some shares, not just one person?

Notaro-Daniels builds motorcycles. Works with BB Plastics.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Unfortunately this is atypical of the power some Councillors hold in some Areas. 

Typically they will pass anything for a bung equally block anything for a nod and a wink. 

This is the territory of Rees Mogg and such types. So not wholly surprising. 

A massive shame if true. 

As for the speedway names implicated, one name wouldn't surprise me if being spiteful and envious and it wouldn't be Rosco or Godfrey. 

I dislike the Tories, but you are wrong on that too. Rees Mogg covers a completely different part of Somerset.

16 minutes ago, Fina said:

Former rider born in Bridgwater (just up the road from the old track)

Numerous people have asked on Facebook about the consortium too but haven’t got very far

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

Surely it’s not that easy to get things kicked out of local government!

Everyone would be doing it.

What power would the Hancock's have to contact Rob Godfrey and oppose them getting a licence?

The club has been closed down, has no track and as far as we're aware they have no plans to reopen somewhere else. This new company was planning on using a different name and is 10+ miles away, surely it's irrelevant what the previous Somerset promotion think?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

What power would the Hancock's have to contact Rob Godfrey and oppose them getting a licence?

The club has been closed down, has no track and as far as we're aware they have no plans to reopen somewhere else. This new company was planning on using a different name and is 10+ miles away, surely it's irrelevant what the previous Somerset promotion think?

Especially as the consortium supposedly has one of the former Somerset promotion on board?!

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Especially as the consortium supposedly has one of the former Somerset promotion on board?!

….and who supposedly is that? Come on, don’t continue the trend of talking in riddles and “I know more than you”

• Like 2

Another post on Facebook just now which is abit confusing again. Greg Daniels states he isn’t involved in running the speedway side but only in the launch and building of the stadium - abit confusing because why the need for the WSM Rebels Facebook page at the moment other than to report disappointing news?

Clear as mud!

I should imagine anyone, and I mean anyone, could put together a consortium or just themselves to start a new speedway club in Somerset. They certainly don’t have to ask permission from any other group or the Hancocks, who lost all rights the moment they shut down Somerset. They might have rights to the name but a new club could be called Somerset Saints. 

They would need a licence from the BSPA and pay bonds etc. But at the moment, no one has the god given right to say we can be the only group. 

50 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I should imagine anyone, and I mean anyone, could put together a consortium or just themselves to start a new speedway club in Somerset. They certainly don’t have to ask permission from any other group or the Hancocks, who lost all rights the moment they shut down Somerset. They might have rights to the name but a new club could be called Somerset Saints. 

They would need a licence from the BSPA and pay bonds etc. But at the moment, no one has the god given right to say we can be the only group. 

Unless the Hancocks still hold a promoters license, in which case nobody can open another track within a 30 mile radius.  You’d assume they would lose that license when the track closed but who knows?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fina said:

I believe Greg Daniels was involved with Andy Hewlett who started the Speedway at Somerset originally

Edited by Buttons
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said:

Unless the Hancocks still hold a promoters license, in which case nobody can open another track within a 30 mile radius.  You’d assume they would lose that license when the track closed but who knows?

They went on record stating that Somerset had permanently closed and that they were not going to discuss it. They surely forfeited any reason to keep a promoters licence. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

….and who supposedly is that? Come on, don’t continue the trend of talking in riddles and “I know more than you”

I'm just quoting from the original Greg Daniels statement a few weeks ago. I don't know who it is but I can guess as everyone else can.