British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Plymouth Gladiators 4pm 27/06/2021

12 hours ago, Lefty said:

Can't he be programmed as Weeve Storrall? 

After all Len Silver could be Nel Revlis and be at two tracks on the same night :D .

This would enable 'Trebling Up' to be introduced. Simples!!!

Nel Revlis. You are seriously showing your age now!

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Nel Revlis. You are seriously showing your age now!

Oh yes.... age is only a number!! But it's getting bigger!!!

Yep. From a fading memory, Nel Revlis was in the Sunderland proggy when I was at Sunderland v Bradford in the early seventies. I was spannering for Tony Freegard who was riding for Bradford. Dave Baugh equalled Ivan Mauger's track record in heat one. It was a small track and we had to borrow a front sprocket off Jim Ryman (Boston) who was living in Wolverhampton at the time. I was proud of driving back from Sunderland to Wolves in one go!!! Although years later I heard Matt Wethers mechanic drove St. Austell to Edinburgh in one go which eclipses my effort by far :D

In later years I drove in the States and did New Mexico to San Bernadino, Ca with fuel stops only to watch Speedway. Happy times :drink:. Nowadays it's an achievement to get up the M6 from Wolves to Belle Vue. B)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yep another unadvertised rule change... but is that not different anyway when it is the Number 1... I could be wrong but someone will know for sure

Apparently due to the lack of riders and the Covid situation its a set aside rule now unless you are coming with your own club or some such other total load of old pony within the 7 days... I believe it is one of many "Old Rules" that have fallen by the way side...

Regards
THJ

It is not a new rule, not a covid rule but an old rule still used & is evident in my old 2015 Regulations booklet. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It is not a new rule, not a Covid rule but an old rule still used & is evident in my old 2015 Regulations booklet. :rolleyes:

Honestly

Think it might have changed this year IS (or been suspended) as there was a query on Newcastle using Kyle Howarth up at Edinburgh then using him again for the return leg which didn't happen (as it happens) as we went with Tero; then when Leicester were going up there and then when Leicester were coming to Newcastle then something else; then someone else; then I stopped listening because it was doing my head in... but I am sure that the upshot was (before I tuned out) that the 7 day rule was being suspended due to a shortage of riders...

As I say I may have picked up the wrong end of the stick because the conversation boiled down to stupid petty rules that only seem to apply to some clubs and not others... at the end of the day whatever Newcastle did must have been acceptable... because they did it...

Regards
THJ

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

Oh yes.... age is only a number!! But it's getting bigger!!!

Yep. From a fading memory, Nel Revlis was in the Sunderland proggy when I was at Sunderland v Bradford in the early seventies. I was spannering for Tony Freegard who was riding for Bradford. Dave Baugh equalled Ivan Mauger's track record in heat one. It was a small track and we had to borrow a front sprocket off Jim Ryman (Boston) who was living in Wolverhampton at the time. I was proud of driving back from Sunderland to Wolves in one go!!! Although years later I heard Matt Wethers mechanic drove St. Austell to Edinburgh in one go which eclipses my effort by far :D

In later years I drove in the States and did New Mexico to San Bernadino, Ca with fuel stops only to watch Speedway. Happy times :drink:. Nowadays it's an achievement to get up the M6 from Wolves to Belle Vue. B)

I never got to Sunderland, although i did see them ride at Rye House in 1974.

12 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Does a League or Cup Match make any difference to any 7 day rule?

No, the 8-day rule applies to all competitions.

• Thanks 1

Just signed up for Sunday. This will be my first visit under the new Regulations after being double jabbed.
Used to always stand and have a bit of crack with Mr and Mrs Tsunami so will just have to see if I’m in shouting distance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

No, the 8-day rule applies to all competitions.

Your in the know Neil 

What's the situation with a No1 and using Guests home and away as I was told this issue was something like away he could ride as a guest for one club then 7 days later for his own club but couldn't ride as a guest if it was the other way round; so riding for his own club first then going to the same spot 7 days later as a guest; or return as a guest for another club within 7 days hence he would be okay on the 8th day

Like  I said I just tuned out

Regards
THJ

One hundred and forty thousand people allowed to attend Silverstone Grand prix. Speedway promoters are getting shafted

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Your in the know Neil 

What's the situation with a No1 and using Guests home and away as I was told this issue was something like away he could ride as a guest for one club then 7 days later for his own club but couldn't ride as a guest if it was the other way round; so riding for his own club first then going to the same spot 7 days later as a guest; or return as a guest for another club within 7 days hence he would be okay on the 8th day

Like  I said I just tuned out

Regards
THJ

The 8-day rule doesn’t apply to guesting for the Home No 1 (the same guest could be used every meeting), nor to an NDL rider.

012.4.2 Guest Rider (G)
Replaces an absent regular team member subject to the following: -
a) if the absent rider, with an established MA, is in the top 1-5 of the team, then the missing rider’s MA will be enhanced by +5% at a
home meeting to determine the allowance for the guest rider.
b) a rider may ride as a guest (in an official meeting) at a track only onceinan8day period(withinthatleague)unlessheisreplacing the home teams #1 or is an NDL rider guesting for the home team
c) the guest must be in a current team declaration and have an MA that is the same or lower than that of the absent rider. If a rider has an established MA in both Premiership and Championship leagues the MA for the league for which the rider is guesting, will be used. If the rider does not have an established MA in that
particular league then the conversion factor of 1.6 will apply
d) the guest assumes the position and MA of the missing rider. A
guest rider in a ‘double header’ shall count as one meeting only
e) no rider, whose team is in the play offs may appear as a guest in
the play offs, in that league.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Brough Diamond said:

Just signed up for Sunday. This will be my first visit under the new Regulations after being double jabbed.
Used to always stand and have a bit of crack with Mr and Mrs Tsunami so will just have to see if I’m in shouting distance. 

Welcome to come and join our bubble Mark on Sunday. Near where we used to stand, but close enough. Should be a great meeting seeing Bjarne again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Welcome to come and join our bubble Mark on Sunday. Near where we used to stand, but close enough. Should be a great meeting seeing Bjarne again.

That will be great, thanks Dave and looking forward to catching up

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Looking forward to seeing Bjarne ride, never seen him in the past.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Looking forward to seeing Bjarne ride, never seen him in the past.

Bjarne has been an absolute legend this season, both Bjarne and his mechanic are both very approachable and happy to chat,the Plymouth fans have took to Bjarne and we are really privileged to see him every week, should be good to see crumpy when he's fit but not for a while yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1