British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Monarchs 27.6.21

Just now, IronScorpion said:

I see it has changed due to the re-declaration to bring in Ellis but what if scenario occurred where a teams initial declaration was under 38 & using a 3* "Rising Star". The team then perform well taking their combined average to around 40. They then get a rider injured (5.50 CMA) who has to be replaced.

Who do they then replace him with?

A 5.50 rider but keeping the 3* RS?

A 4.50 rider but have to also change the RS to 2*

It shouldn't change when Ellis joins, the SR states that the 'Team Rating' relates to the initial declaration, not the latest one.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, we are typing & posting at the same time.

It seems that, despite the rule I quoted above, Scunthorpe's Team Rating was reduced to 2* when Ellis' inclusion took the team average above 38 but under 39.

5 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

It seems that, despite the rule I quoted above, Scunthorpe's Team Rating was reduced to 2* when Ellis' inclusion took the team average above 38 but under 39.

Blimey..

Four lads racing around a speedway track for four laps....

And it becomes filled with all sorts of nonsense..

Nonsense that every season results in teams miles apart points wise who supposedly started 'quite even' using the nonsense criteria..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

So, going by 1 of my previous posts, if we had a 3* rider he would of had to be replaced otherwise we could not sign Ellis.

If, also, we had started poorly or average & not increased our team average by 0.56 so the rules are ignored, too complicated or misinterpreted. Such a simple sport.

(Crumps average decreased for2021 compared to 2020, Cook's use of May average even though he rode in May & was due a new average from 1st June & signed in June, Redcar issue with postponed fixture but ruling not applied to previous years, and the list goes on ...........)

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

So, going by 1 of my previous posts, if we had a 3* rider he would of had to be replaced otherwise we could not sign Ellis.

If, also, we had started poorly or average & not increased our team average by 0.56 so the rules are ignored, too complicated or misinterpreted. Such a simple sport.

(Crumps average decreased for2021 compared to 2020, Cook's use of May average even though he rode in May & was due a new average from 1st June & signed in June, Redcar issue with postponed fixture but ruling not applied to previous years, and the list goes on ...........)

It’s to be tested whether an incumbent RS rider would need to be replaced in those circumstances. My personal opinion-  I don’t believe that would be enforced.

Just looked at the new averages for 1st July & Glasgow's stick out.

Initial declaration under 38 at 37.66 so allowed & using 3* rider.

New average now at 40.29 so if they had to replace a rider through injury, they would lose 2.29 to keep a 3*(Thomas) or 1.29 & replace with a 2*.

The initial declaration is the guide line. After this averages change & the line moves. Surely!

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Just looked at the new averages for 1st July & Glasgow's stick out.

Initial declaration under 38 at 37.66 so allowed & using 3* rider.

New average now at 40.29 so if they had to replace a rider through injury, they would lose 2.29 to keep a 3*(Thomas) or 1.29 & replace with a 2*.

The initial declaration is the guide line. After this averages change & the line moves. Surely!

If it was just a one-rider change there would be no need to return below the points limit nor disturb the RS.

But we have made  a one rider change & our limits have changed (3* to 2*). That could hamper us on Sunday if Palin has problems on his return from Europe.

It could also have hampered us by using an illegal guest in Coles last night if the * rating was incorrect.

Edited by IronScorpion
additional post.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

But we have made  a one rider change & our limits have changed (3* to 2*). That could hamper us on Sunday if Palin has problems on his return from Europe.

I take your point, there's clearly a number of scenarios that the rule simply doesn't cater for.

23 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

It’s to be tested whether an incumbent RS rider would need to be replaced in those circumstances. My personal opinion-  I don’t believe that would be enforced.

But it has been enforced as we re-declared over 38 but had to lose our team * rating.

Just read the Regulations v2 again & in 012.2 Team Composition

A Championship declaration must not exceed 38 point limit to include a 3* riders or 39 points with a 2* rider or below in any declaration following the issue of established MA’s for 2021, except where the MA of the introduced rider is equal or below the rider being replaced. 

Adam Ellis's CMA is an "Amended MA" by conversion factor 1.5. His established MA for the Championship will occur after 4H & 4A.

To get back to the match, who is the rising star tomorrow, and is Jorgensen riding?. Who replaces him if not?

Would Ellis not have an existing CL average from 2019 when he was with Birmingham that should be used rather than a conversion?

1 hour ago, Technik said:

Would Ellis not have an existing CL average from 2019 when he was with Birmingham that should be used rather than a conversion?

No, as there’s a more recent established PL average