British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Monarchs 27.6.21

12 hours ago, Endeavour said:

I enjoyed the racing on Sunday even though we got thumped. Don’t think having to track a rising star helps us.

Scunny a good solid team with decent reserves .

Maybe bring in Jack Smith might be batter option that Lawlor ? 

3 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Maybe bring in Jack Smith might be batter option that Lawlor ? 

As he might well be -- Jack is a 3* RS, but Joe only 2*.

Monarchs built their team to incorporate a 2* RS and with Sam, Joshie, Nathan Greaves and Willie all increasing their averages, and the team average up by a point, any change at RS would -- I believe -- require to be like for like.

However, it would be hard to ask Joe to step aside after his last home meeting, when he showed his potential by taking Adam Ellis from the back in Heat 11.

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Monarchs built their team to incorporate a 2* RS and with Sam, Joshie, Nathan Greaves and Willie all increasing their averages, and the team average up by a point, any change at RS would -- I believe -- require to be like for like.

However, it would be hard to ask Joe to step aside after his last home meeting, when he showed his potential by taking Adam Ellis from the back in Heat 11.

Oh yeah I’ve seen him a few times it’s not for the want of trying I’m just putting a few suggestions out there 

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Edinburgh's initial declaration was under 38 so was given a 3* maximum limit so as far as I am aware, you are allowed that change.

We were, also, under 38 but re declared over the 38 limit so we had to reduce our rating limit from 3* to 2*.

Any other changes in your riding order will be like for like(average wise) plus anything spare up to the 38 limit.

21 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Edinburgh's initial declaration was under 38 so was given a 3* maximum limit so as far as I am aware, you are allowed that change.

We were, also, under 38 but re declared over the 38 limit so we had to reduce our rating limit from 3* to 2*.

Any other changes in your riding order will be like for like(average wise) plus anything spare up to the 38 limit.

Correct. Edinburgh still have 3* allowance.

On 6/29/2021 at 12:18 PM, crescent girl said:

Joe is carrying a long term wrist injury which doesn’t help him.

management we’re looking for more from Willie Lawson, especially away from home.

5 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Joe is carrying a long term wrist injury which doesn’t help him.

management we’re looking for more from Willie Lawson, especially away from home.

Agree, Lawson should really be doing better away from home given his experience.

13 hours ago, Endeavour said:

For years they have and they dont learn, same old Lawson underperforms till end of season