British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BANDITS v MONARCHS (Saturday, July 10th - 7pm)

I would be worried about the entertainment factor,Monarhs we’re brilliant but let’s face it that was a bore fest.Better things to do with £18 I’m afraid.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I would be worried about the entertainment factor,Monarhs we’re brilliant but let’s face it that was a bore fest.Better things to do with £18 I’m afraid.

Can’t disagree sadly. 1 pass I can recall (Greaves on Bickley) before I started to genuinely lose interest :sad:… otherwise from the gate! I paid for a season ticket this year you know :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Doesn’t seem like the track alterations have done anything to the actual racing. Still very one line. 
I know William spent hours in the workshop yesterday morning so glad to see his efforts turning into points. Kye again on a track he’s never seen was outstanding. Most pleased for Nathan, willing to learn hadn’t really scored what he’s deserved the last couple of meeting but did last night which was pleasing. Masters is a joy to watch absolutely effortless last night.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HGould said:

Summers has been a great servant but struggling. 

Bickley needs to realise giving more stickers away on a van than he's scored CL points in 3 seasons doesn't make you a speedway rider. 

Aren't those his sponsors? If so, well done to him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Doesn’t seem like the track alterations have done anything to the actual racing. Still very one line. 
I know William spent hours in the workshop yesterday morning so glad to see his efforts turning into points. Kye again on a track he’s never seen was outstanding. Most pleased for Nathan, willing to learn hadn’t really scored what he’s deserved the last couple of meeting but did last night which was pleasing. Masters is a joy to watch absolutely effortless last night.

When the track is so slick it doesn’t help.Charles Wright and T Jorgensen showed there was an outside line round the 3rd/4th bend when the track was prepared differently (by luck it would seem).None of the Present Bandits Team want to use it though.

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

True was expecting better racing with the widening of track sadly doesn't seem to be happening Master's superb non more so than letting Nathan lead can't remember which heat great team riding.

1 hour ago, Bandits4eva said:

Can’t disagree sadly. 1 pass I can recall (Greaves on Bickley) before I started to genuinely lose interest :sad:… otherwise from the gate! I paid for a season ticket this year you know :rolleyes:

Totally agree the people I stand with felt the same and I also have a season pass every team that comes here now will be feeling confident.

12 hours ago, StevePark said:

Better opposition tonight?

Thomson, Greaves… really?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Add Lawson to that list.;)

He beat Lawson in heat 7;)

7 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Thomson, Greaves… really?

Spoke to Nathan on my way to Black n Gold to drown my sorrows. and he said he likes the Berwick track. Thomson impressive for his first time around Berwick as well.

13 hours ago, Shadders said:

Poor Leon was battered and bruised from last nights fall at Armadale which explains his performance tonight. As for the rest of them, no excuse, Dany excepted. 
Weathers drops a couple of points from 6 rides with Newcastle last week, scores 3 tonight. Go figure. 
Etheridge is becoming a major problem. Wasn’t scoring at 3 and well out of his depth at 1.

Virtually guaranteed an away 1-5 in heats 13 & 15

If you’re thinking of putting a side like this out next season then don’t bother. Just close the club down or drop down a league. 

Leon went out for a run after the meeting so couldn’t have been that battered and bruised , probably letting of some steam after the teams performance 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penchev said:

Leon went out for a run after the meeting so couldn’t have been that battered and bruised , probably letting of some steam after the teams performance 

So much for the Hay Fever then.Heppel, Barrie and Dodds really need a reality check ,it’s ok keeping it positive but it’s pathetic some of the articles they scribe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Spoke to Nathan on my way to Black n Gold to drown my sorrows. and he said he likes the Berwick track. Thomson impressive for his first time around Berwick as well.

Saw Thomson in the World U/21  Team Final at Belle Vue a couple of seasons ago,he was on the pace and actually beat Leon in the race they met.So thought he would do OK on big track last night.Could be decent rider when he gets the hang of Armadale.Impressive last night .

Edited by Fromafar