British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators K.O.C 2nd leg 21/07/21

It was clear from the first meeting that Zane Keleher couldn’t ride the track. All over the place. Even last night he was badly tailed off. The right call, even without the behind the scenes issues of which I am not privvy. I am sure his gating will allow him some points in his home meetings but on his travels it will be hard for him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

1 point :rofl:

Still better than having Zane who you thought would be a lot better. Whoops!! :lol: Bickley even beat him in a race too! 

• Like 1

Yep, convincing performance by Bickley :t:

He outscored who he replaced. Job done! You are really annoyed that Zane let you down! Haha. Not sure why you are trying to trash a Brit in the process. Bit weird! :blink:

• Like 2

Would have had more but for some misfortune :t:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

If you were there, you would know it was a far better performance than the points he scored. Remember, he is a CL reserve, so riding at No.2 on a relatively new track to him was always going to a tall order.

Ht1.Got baulked on 1st turn ,kept plugging away and was reeling Ruml in by the finish.

Ht6.Gated with Schlein and Pedersen. Made nuisance of himself. Only their long standing experience took them to the front.

HT8. Was cruising, never threatened, to a 5-1 with Hume. Engine went kaput and sounded like a bag of nails.

HT10.Change of bike worked well. Rocket start and on another 5-1 until a small error left Z.Cook to go round him.

Could have so easily have been 5 pts or more. Looked far more accomplished than Keleher,Ruml, Bowtell and Smith. Did his job very well.

Considering this was only the second ever time he has ridden the Poole track, he acquitted himself very well, in my opinion. I heard people saying that for a guest, he tried hard for us and happy to have him back again. Not sure hed like the 7-8 hour drive from Workington each week though!

Edited by BobC
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was clear from the first meeting that Zane Keleher couldn’t ride the track. All over the place. Even last night he was badly tailed off. The right call, even without the behind the scenes issues of which I am not privvy. I am sure his gating will allow him some points in his home meetings but on his travels it will be hard for him.

As I am privvy to what went on behind the scenes - straight from the horses mouth! - let me just say the whole issue was far less about his on track scores and was not about any specific  exchange of expletives at the Promoter, but more about his off-track behaviour, letting the Promoter down and longer term specific effects on team spirit.

The fall into the air fence on the day he departed and his attitude to others - including several Aussies there on the night - when he returned to the pits was 'after-the-fact' as decisions had already been made.

No further comment from me on this issue.

As for last night's meeting a great atmosphere, helped by some decent music and well done to the track staff for keeping the dust down and again providing a decent racetrack.

• Like 2

Jeez, settle down everyone....I just thought Zane was a little hard done by from looking at things from the outside and I wish him well.  Meltdown.com or what? :rofl:

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

He outscored who he replaced. Job done! You are really annoyed that Zane let you down! Haha. Not sure why you are trying to trash a Brit in the process. Bit weird! :blink:

Outscored by ONE. Not annoyed at all. Never heard of ZK until he was signed and I have no loyalty to him whatsoever so how has he let me down?

As for bashing Brits...WTF are you on about????

• Haha 1

What is that saying? 'Theres none so blind, as those that cannot/do not see'!?:rofl:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What is that saying? 'Theres none so blind, as those that cannot/do not see'!?:rofl:

You'll have to speak up I'm blind - Bumbling Old Man - quickmeme

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Outscored by ONE. Not annoyed at all. Never heard of ZK until he was signed and I have no loyalty to him whatsoever so how has he let me down?

As for bashing Brits...WTF are you on about????

Well if you can't even work it out then there is no help for you! You seem very annoyed that Bickley outscored him and not giving him any credit, trying to make out he's no good. Others have noticed it too going by their comments, so not just me. And considering you are swearing in your post, I'd say you are annoyed! Unless you just have a potty mouth? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well if you can't even work it out then there is no help for you! You seem very annoyed that Bickley outscored him and not giving him any credit, trying to make out he's no good. Others have noticed it too going by their comments, so not just me. And considering you are swearing in your post, I'd say you are annoyed! Unless you just have a potty mouth? 

Dear oh dear, sarcasm and irony is obviously lost on you.

WTF is hardly swearing.  It's a common acronym used in circumstances such as the one above, nothing more.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Dear oh dear, sarcasm and irony is obviously lost on you.

WTF is hardly swearing.  It's a common acronym used in circumstances such as the one above, nothing more.

i think most people on here are misreading what you are saying .:t::)

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ray c said:

i think most people on here are misreading what you are saying .:t::)

I think so too Mr C :t: