British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn Stars v Peterborough Panthers 12/08/21

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Very good performance by Pedersen, MPT, Nicholls and Harris.

Palin and Andersen had off nights but the rest of Dad's Army covered.

I do feel we need a replacement for Ostergaard asap but another away win can't be scoffed at 

With such a solid team, don't think Panthers need to replace Ostergaard!

Not a bad meeting last night,not the best though this season.I wonder just how costly Kaspers E/F at the start of ht 4 was to Lynn possibly getting a point from this.

Tough decision I thought for both managers to make for Ht 15 who to put in and who not.

That was a little test for my newly installed pacemaker:D.Saying that it wasn't really as pacemakers don't stop your heart going to quick only to slow.

Good luck to Peterborough in the play offs,probably get over to see them in that.Although it's not my thing to see two other sides other than when Lynn are involved.We have been starved with the lack of meetings this season which may push me to go.

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Not a bad meeting last night,not the best though this season.I wonder just how costly Kaspers E/F at the start of ht 4 was to Lynn possibly getting a point from this.

Tough decision I thought for both managers to make for Ht 15 who to put in and who not.

That was a little test for my newly installed pacemaker:D.Saying that it wasn't really as pacemakers don't stop your heart going to quick only to slow.

Good luck to Peterborough in the play offs,probably get over to see them in that.Although it's not my thing to see two other sides other than when Lynn are involved.We have been starved with the lack of meetings this season which may push me to go.

Kasper's  e/f  could be deemed to of ultimately led to the T/S in ht14 so getting the point may of restricted the pairing used in ht14 also ht 5 Pedersen finished well adrift which going by his score could of been down to a bike issue as he was ok again after that, 

Panthers were lucky the top four were all going well as the reserves were off the pace , Palin beats Bewley around the NSS then scores zero next match he clearly either doesnt like the AFA  or just made to many mistakes as it seems he was gating well enough

Jorgensen let Lynn down as most Panthers 5-1s were against him.

Lawson was strange, he had one of those nights when an unbeaten rider who you'd expect to win a last heat decider ends up last and the match is lost but he had 3 pressure related races in a row and thankfully for the Panthers he did miss out in the last one .

From what I've heard Lawson just ran out of steam and was knackered in heat 15, to be honest I don't agree with home tacticals so perhaps justice was served in the end.

Also while we all want to see our team win it seems that it's been an entertaining season at Lynn, last heat deciders and better racing are no bad thing. As long its not every season I guess :D

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

From what I've heard Lawson just ran out of steam and was knackered in heat 15, to be honest I don't agree with home tacticals so perhaps justice was served in the end.

Also while we all want to see our team win it seems that it's been an entertaining season at Lynn, last heat deciders and better racing are no bad thing. As long its not every season I guess :D

Lawson was fooked,3 on the bounce is very demanding on man and machine,but unfortunately we were in a position really where you just couldn't leave him out.The hardest decision I thought was who to put with him.

Not a bad nights racing, in front of a good crowd. I would of enjoyed it more if the score line was reversed though.

I thought Hans was going to be the threat at reserve, but he had a bad one. The trouble was Scott, Bomber, MPT and Pederson all had good ones.

Pleased for Kasper after his HT2 win. Shame about HT 4.

Good to see Eric banging in some points again. Long may it continue.

Buster should be signing Richard up now for next season. For the Stars .i might add... He started on a 5.64, he will finish around 7 and a bit i guess. Well worth signing even on a 7.

Lawson may well be Bewley's rival for the British championship

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not a bad nights racing, in front of a good crowd. I would of enjoyed it more if the score line was reversed though.

I thought Hans was going to be the threat at reserve, but he had a bad one. The trouble was Scott, Bomber, MPT and Pederson all had good ones.

Pleased for Kasper after his HT2 win. Shame about HT 4.

Good to see Eric banging in some points again. Long may it continue.

Buster should be signing Richard up now for next season. For the Stars .i might add... He started on a 5.64, he will finish around 7 and a bit i guess. Well worth signing even on a 7.

Problem in speedway is when a rider improves so much like Lawson and Ostergaard they become less appealing for a team spot the following season.Should somehow be rewarded for improving yourself.But it will be riders like Heeps etc who will probably get team spots before the likes of Lawson and Ostergaard because of being able to make their averages fit better into a team.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Problem in speedway is when a rider improves so much like Lawson and Ostergaard they become less appealing for a team spot the following season.Should somehow be rewarded for improving yourself.But it will be riders like Heeps etc who will probably get team spots before the likes of Lawson and Ostergaard because of being able to make their averages fit better into a team.

Totally agree Tel. There should be something in place. I think Ostergaard could find it hard. He is around 40 i think and will be coming off a bad injury. But for me i can see Lawson finishing on a  rolling GSA a  bit over 7 by the end of the season. He has averaged 8.44 for us this season. He must be in to top 2  based on this seasons averages in the league. I would still see him as a "bargain" next season if he ended up on say a  rolling GSA of around 7.20 for example.:t:

Next season could be totally different to this one if the restrictions are lifted allowing the Polish lge riders to return to UK racing then the points limit would need to be increased but expect it wont all be sorted until into the  new year at the earliest .

If Bewley has no hiccups in British final cant see anyone beating him if he does Lawson is in with a shout 

Edited by scoobydoo

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Next season could be totally different to this one if the restrictions are lifted allowing the Polish lge riders to return to UK rackng then the points limit would need to be increased but expect it wont all be sorted until into the  new year at the earliest .

If Bewley has no hiccups in British final cant see anyone beating him if he does Lawson is in with a shout 

The Extraleague are hardly likely to relax the 1 other league and the other 2 Polish leagues are highly unlikely to change the 2 other leagues !! Sweden and Denmark will be still above the GB in pecking order