British Speedway Forum
ewantodd

george hunter photos

B) can any body help me get picsof george any era oxford wolves edinburgh berwick anything,,,action personnel kneeling anything im getting desperate now from a diehard monarchs fan by the way i think rory shlien will be world class in a short while that boy goooood

ta

B) can any body help me get picsof george any era oxford wolves edinburgh berwick anything,,,action personnel kneeling anything im getting desperate now from a diehard monarchs fan by the way i think rory shlien will be world class in a short while that boy goooood

ta

Ewan, there is one absolutely classic picture of George Hunter which was taken in about 1961 at Meadowbank. I hasten to add that I don't have a copy, but if you ask around at Armadale someone is bound to have it.

The photo shows George battling it out with Clive Featherby of Sheffield, and shows the almost lost art of lying across your oponent's bike while he tries to pick your nose with his elbow! I didn't start going to speedway until 1962, so I can't say whether they both actually finished the race.

I guess I haven't seen that photo in some forty years, but it's the one above all others that stands out in my memory.

Nice to see George Hunter is still so fondly remembered. There is a hospitality suite dedicated to George at Armadale Stadium. "The George Hunter Memorial Lounge", where many pictures of George and other Monarchs favourites over the years can be seen.

George, outside of being a quality rider and a nice person,.. he was really funny. great sense of humour and i think anyone who ever had the pleasure to meet him never forgot him. a real character and a true scot. i will never forget when he thanked his fans for the support, and then said he would wear it every time he raced.. great person.. :)

Guest maddriver

Here with Peter Craven on the night of PC's fatal crash at Edinburgh. Sorry but it is the only one I have of George Hunter in my collection.

Dick D..

I have the same pic, rumoured to be the last ever taken of PC.

Wolves 1975

George Hunter in the front row, but I don't know who the big hairy DLT type lurking in the background is!

B)  can any body help me get picsof george  any era oxford  wolves  edinburgh berwick  anything,,,action  personnel  kneeling          anything  im getting desperate now                    from a diehard monarchs fan                  by the way i think rory shlien will be world class in a short while    that boy goooood 

ta

Ewan, there is one absolutely classic picture of George Hunter which was taken in about 1961 at Meadowbank. I hasten to add that I don't have a copy, but if you ask around at Armadale someone is bound to have it.

The photo shows George battling it out with Clive Featherby of Sheffield, and shows the almost lost art of lying across your oponent's bike while he tries to pick your nose with his elbow! I didn't start going to speedway until 1962, so I can't say whether they both actually finished the race.

I guess I haven't seen that photo in some forty years, but it's the one above all others that stands out in my memory.

I have a copy of that photo (somewhere) When I find it I will scan it and also try to look up the race details.

i know ive asked before but im trying to collect as many as pos, even if they are crap. i can fix them.

many thanks

EWAN

peace to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!