British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

19 hours ago, wtf said:

Nothing stops the UK making a similar rule to the Poles. Maybe we should have a rule that says if you ride in the UK you can't ride anywhere else?  Why can't the Poles do what is best for them?  Why should they prop up the joke that is UK speedway?

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Because you would lose even more riders and create an even bigger problem with rider shortages.

You would lose I expect Fricke, Zagar, Holder, Musielak, Doyle, Riss, Masters, Pickering, Kurtz, Ellis, Morris, Becker, Bloedorn etc. That’s a lot of riders to replace all of a sudden plus the cut off to bring in new or returning riders too.

It wasn't a real suggestion, :rolleyes: I was being ironic. My point is why can't the poles impose the rules they want? Why do most people on here blame the Poles for the decline in UK speedway?  It's not their fault the run a professional sport, and try to protect it. If you want the best people to come play in your park, you need to cut the grass and clean up the dog poo. Get your act together and make it attractive. FFS you've only got to be better than the swedes for Christ's sake.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wtf said:

It wasn't a real suggestion, :rolleyes: I was being ironic. My point is why can't the poles impose the rules they want? Why do most people on here blame the Poles for the decline in UK speedway?  It's not their fault the run a professional sport, and try to protect it. If you want the best people to come play in your park, you need to cut the grass and clean up the dog poo. Get your act together and make it attractive. FFS you've only got to be better than the swedes for Christ's sake.

I don't think people can realistically blame Poland for our decline, that lies at the feet of our promoters and administrators but surely you can understand folk being cheesed off at them preventing riders who would probably get jobs over here doing so? I'd have thought the attraction of Sweden is the less travel and one race day for those based in Poland.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't think people can realistically blame Poland for our decline, that lies at the feet of our promoters and administrators but surely you can understand folk being cheesed off at them preventing riders who would probably get jobs over here doing so? I'd have thought the attraction of Sweden is the less travel and one race day for those based in Poland.

The attraction of Sweden is more money (if you get paid) but more importantly much reduced costs. You do Sweden using your Polish equipment and staff. Fewer meetings means it can be done on one day with a shorter season. At the moment Air travel is cheaper than van travel, so Sweden is becoming more expensive to do, but still cheaper than a UK set up.

I understand people being cheesed off, but they are aiming their frustration at the wrong people. We moan like hell about guests and RR over here. The Poles are trying to avoid the same, by minimising risks of riders getting injured elsewhere, not eliminating, but minimising. They are saying you should only need one other job (in their eyes, your home or base nation) if you ride here. Their ruling stops no rider from riding the UK. EVERY single rider in Poland COULD ride the UK if they wanted to. Dan Bewley wasn't stopped riding in the UK by the PZM, he was stopped because he chose to ride in Sweden instead.

I get it, people want someone to blame, but they need to look closer to home

Edited by wtf
  • Like 4

Jason Edwards signed as the injury replacement RS makes debut on Thursday v Sheffield 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 4

Happy with that. Certainly looks the best option available. 

He rode pretty steadily at Lewi’s testimonial and is bound to get better as he gets more experience.

23 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Young jake mulford seems less than impressed on kings Lynn’s Facebook page….

Definitely NOT a happy chappy!

• Like 1

This was Jake’s response on his Facebook page …

Unfortunately I haven’t been given my chance as number 8 to give the opportunity my best shot for kingslynn to replace the number 7 position as agreed! 

Kingslynn told me I would be riding Thursday so I’ve sorted mechanics in England to prep my bikes payed for all of our flights to get from Germany to England for the meeting and then back to Denmark Friday morning for a European semi final with grasstrack.

Later on after I’ve planned everything and payed everything for me to give it my best shot at number 7 for kingslynn I later then get told they’re leaving me out of Thursdays match and next Mondays match due to it being too tight with grasstrack they didn’t actually tell me they were leaving me out until I found out through Facebook that they are finalising agreements with a number 7 to come in! 

most of the team rides at least 4-5 times a week but they still ride the Thursday night so me having a flight Friday doesn’t affect me riding Thursday at all, obviously that excuse is due to them having a new signing because if I would have said I had grasstrack commitments over me committing to Thursdays match then they would have most probably given me a ban I’ve since told them I’ve sorted everything out and flight times work perfectly and sorted mechanics for me to make it and I’ve asked what has changed since earlier on in the day when they told me “see you Thursday” unfortunately I’ve had no reply since!”

Not a very nice way to treat a youngster especially with the costs hes supposedly already paid out for , signing as the number 8 he should be given a chance at least , 

22 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Not a very nice way to treat a youngster especially with the costs hes supposedly already paid out for , signing as the number 8 he should be given a chance at least , 

I agree, it's not a great way for Kings Lynn to do things, and however good it feels for Jake now, venting your opinion on social media, it only alienates those potential future employers, looks unprofessional, and drags you down to their level. Riders get treated like this all the time. Doesn't make it right, and I don't condone it, but venting publicly never improves the situation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

This was Jake’s response on his Facebook page …

Unfortunately I haven’t been given my chance as number 8 to give the opportunity my best shot for kingslynn to replace the number 7 position as agreed! 

Kingslynn told me I would be riding Thursday so I’ve sorted mechanics in England to prep my bikes payed for all of our flights to get from Germany to England for the meeting and then back to Denmark Friday morning for a European semi final with grasstrack.

Later on after I’ve planned everything and payed everything for me to give it my best shot at number 7 for kingslynn I later then get told they’re leaving me out of Thursdays match and next Mondays match due to it being too tight with grasstrack they didn’t actually tell me they were leaving me out until I found out through Facebook that they are finalising agreements with a number 7 to come in! 

most of the team rides at least 4-5 times a week but they still ride the Thursday night so me having a flight Friday doesn’t affect me riding Thursday at all, obviously that excuse is due to them having a new signing because if I would have said I had grasstrack commitments over me committing to Thursdays match then they would have most probably given me a ban I’ve since told them I’ve sorted everything out and flight times work perfectly and sorted mechanics for me to make it and I’ve asked what has changed since earlier on in the day when they told me “see you Thursday” unfortunately I’ve had no reply since!”

The unprofessionalism of the club rearing it's ugly head again 

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The unprofessionalism of the club rearing it's ugly head again 

To be honest I’m not even surprised, Lynn are known for being abit cut throat and unprofessional so it’s no surprise too me, just think it’s abit unfair on the young lad if he’s made all the arrangements too give it his best shot too then be told we don’t need you thanks anyways. 

Jason Edwards deserves his chance no doubt about that but treating jake like that is a kick in the b*llocks

55 minutes ago, wtf said:

I agree, it's not a great way for Kings Lynn to do things, and however good it feels for Jake now, venting your opinion on social media, it only alienates those potential future employers, looks unprofessional, and drags you down to their level. Riders get treated like this all the time. Doesn't make it right, and I don't condone it, but venting publicly never improves the situation.

Maybe it makes him look unprofessional,  but taken the money hes laid out to be available for Thursday after no doubt being asked to ride makes him entitled  to vent his displeasure 

Edited by scoobydoo

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Maybe it makes him look unprofessional,  but taken the money hes laid out to be available for Thursday after no doubt being asked to ride makes him entitled  to vent his displeasure 

I agree, fully entitled to say how he feels. The problem for Jake will be that it will have been noted, and in a speedway career there will be far bigger disappointments than that to come.

What is the point of number 8 if you aren't prepared to use him to replace your number 7.  Isn't that the whole point of the scheme?

• Like 7