British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

7 hours ago, Trees said:

Did you hear Alex interviewed on Radio Norfolk this morning, he is devastated. Reflecting on the night it was a matter of 'if only', we'd worked so hard after being 5-1'd in the first heat to gain a 6 point advantage going into heat 10, nobody can complain at that!  Panthers only evened it up in 14 then it was the last heat decider, nobody was gonna beat Bomber, he was riding the air fence all the way round! Josh was in 2nd trying his best to slow Ostergaard to help Rich past but Rich had his ef, lost a chain apparently and that was that booooo :( A good away performance without a number one and with Lewi having a mare really!

No Trees i didn't. But no doubt he was after being 6 up. I do worry with Lewi and TJ though. Time for them to move on next season for me. On a brighter note it was great to see  that Josh and Richard are winning races again, and i thought Richie scored well in the 1-5. 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

No Trees i didn't. But no doubt he was after being 6 up. I do worry with Lewi and TJ though. Time for them to move on next season for me. On a brighter note it was great to see  that Josh and Richard are winning races again, and i thought Richie scored well in the 1-5. 

It’s more important than ever the Stars sign a replacement for Niels , hopefully before the next meeting at Belle Vue. I also think that a change is needed this season for either Kerr or Jorgensen. Tungate is looking for a British team place and Klindt was a while ago. Could either replace Niels?

28 minutes ago, mrss said:

It’s more important than ever the Stars sign a replacement for Niels , hopefully before the next meeting at Belle Vue. I also think that a change is needed this season for either Kerr or Jorgensen. Tungate is looking for a British team place and Klindt was a while ago. Could either replace Niels?

Either would fit.

8 hours ago, Sully said:

I think the blocking that Pickering was attempting needs to be looked at. On a track as fast as Peterborough it’s dangerous. Team riding is one thing but this is blatant blocking which isnt allowed in other forms of Motorsport. Only have to see what happened to Adam Ellis in the pairs when Lawson did the same thing to see what can go wrong. Creates a difference in speed between the riders which inevitably causes issues and increases the likelihood of a rider catching a back wheel. 

You've got to pick your place to do it for sure ...... 

2 hours ago, NickH114 said:

Hans Andersen does it at the showground regularly.

He's always done it, part of his armour?

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Either would fit.

would both fit with the right change?

3 hours ago, NickH114 said:

Hans Andersen does it at the showground regularly.

He rides defensively, can’t argue with that, generally because he doesn’t have the speed these days but I haven’t seen him blatantly throttle off to the extent Pickering and Lawson have both done at the showground this year down the start / finish straight. 

1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

would both fit with the right change?

Not for NKI and one of TJ, Lewi or Richie.

Klindt and Tungate both maxed out riding in 3 leagues just like Iversen 

Edited by mark.1

Think we might as well accept team changes are very unlikely to happen mainly because of rider availability . Hopefully the rules will be relaxed  on 3 league rule for 2023 .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Think we might as well accept team changes are very unlikely to happen mainly because of rider availability . Hopefully the rules will be relaxed  on 3 league rule for 2023 .

From what I’m hearing they will be 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

From what I’m hearing they will be 

They need to be the selfish gits (afa speedway is concerned)!

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Exactly, there just aren't riders available unfortunately. We'll never know how hard they have tried but nobody has come up with a plausible suggestion yet. 

However we can't be allowed a facility for Iversen until September or whenever, that would be farcical.