British Speedway Forum

Probably not,, he gets mentioned every season. And even if he wanted to race for us,,, would we have the budget. 

Edited by Baldyman

The Fibula is not a primary weight bearing bone, so Erik could possibly be back much sooner than some people think. Mine has been broken since 1981, and it never affected my ability to participate in various sports...

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

The Fibula is not a primary weight bearing bone, so Erik could possibly be back much sooner than some people think. Mine has been broken since 1981, and it never affected my ability to participate in various sports...

The info posted by Ipswich says a broken left ankle, and no operation until Thursday  (because of swelling?), so no prognosis until after the op ...

The fibula near the ankle is very important to the stability of the ankle joint.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The info posted by Ipswich says a broken left ankle, and no operation until Thursday  (because of swelling?), so no prognosis until after the op ...

I suspect the severity of any soft tissue damage in and around his ankle will be a factor in his recovery. Hopefully it's not too bad, and Erik will be fit and up to speed before the play-offs. When i broke my fib, tib and ankle, it was the severe ligament and soft tissue damage that concerned my surgeon the most. Orthopaedic surgery has come a long way since the 80's though...

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

I suspect the severity of any soft tissue damage in and around his ankle will be a factor in his recovery. Hopefully it's not too bad, and Erik will be fit and up to speed before the play-offs. When i broke my fib, tib and ankle, it was the severe ligament and soft tissue damage that concerned my surgeon the most. Orthopaedic surgery has come a long way since the 80's though...

I would have thought all your potions and remedies  would have sorted that out !!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I would have thought all your potions and remedies  would have sorted that out !!!

It was over 30 years ago when i was a young un, so everything healed up fine eventually. They left my fibula separated after they surgically rebroke the bones a year after the accident, gave me a bone graft and plated my tibula. Six months after that the plate started to bend and fractured the bone, so back in plaster i went again. Spent a total of 15 months in plaster. Fun times...

On 7/25/2022 at 5:47 PM, Blupanther said:

I fractured mine and i was off work for 12 weeks.

2 minutes ago, TINYS said:

I fractured mine and i was off work for 12 weeks.

Just the fibula, and no ligament or soft tissue damage ?

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Just the fibula, and no ligament or soft tissue damage ?

don,t think so but it was about 8 years ago.

57 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

39 + RS

Riss and Starke out gives us 10.74 to play with.

Rowe in on 3.27 and bring in a European rider on a 7? Or Chris Holder?

39 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Riss and Starke out gives us 10.74 to play with.

Rowe in on 3.27 and bring in a European rider on a 7? Or Chris Holder?

Rowe quit UK? So unless it's got going well in Poland, will he come back? 

Does Lahti and Salonen fit?

That could mean a great Finnish to the season :D

• Haha 4