British Speedway Forum

35 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Streaming "could help" but if all it does is have someone paying £12 to watch a stream, who would have paid £20 to attend, then it wont help at all..

Streaming would pick up people who do not normally go to the meeting live.

Take my example, I live 35 miles from Belle Vue, so 70 mile return. Even in my Prius, which can easily do 70 mpg in summer, that is nearly £8, plus £20 to get in, there is £2.  Since NSS has opened I have been just 3 times, non of them was a Premier league match.  So, £10-£12 streaming would be attractive to me……… AND TO MANY OTHERS no doubt. Attendance in person may dro, not a lot I don’t think, but many more would be streaming.

I too am with BT,now speedway gp has moved to discovery by is good for MotoGP/2/3. 
Must admit though, bt is very reliable.

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

What we thinking riding order wise? Cam at 2 riding with Doyle? Riss and Batch in the engine room and King at 5?

That's the order I would go with. Heeps will be partnered with Doyle in 3 heats and in the protected heat 8

• Like 2

I personally wouldnt put Heeps anywhere 2,,i think we would get much better from him at 4.  Because of that , I fully expect him to be at 2,,,and then reserve,, where he will score plenty,,, which may the the TMs cunning plan all along. 

Edited by Baldyman

1 hour ago, ipswichwitches said:

That's the order I would go with. Heeps will be partnered with Doyle in 3 heats and in the protected heat 8

If its the same Batch who was at Sheffield last season, you need him at 2, his rides can be over by heat 8 then, latest heat 10

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

If its the same Batch who was at Sheffield last season, you need him at 2, his rides can be over by heat 8 then, latest heat 10

For me, the problem with the number 4 position is heat 14. It can often see a tactical in that heat, so your no. 4 could be up against the opposition 1 and 4 so you need someone to try to cover any ts used

At home

Doyle, Heeps, Riss, Batchelor, King, Rowe, Starke.

Away from Home

Doyle, Batchelor, Riss, Heeps, King, Starke, Rowe

But as its Richard

Doyle, King, Batchelor, Riss, Heeps, Starke, Rowe 

On 3/12/2022 at 12:25 PM, Arch Stanton said:

What we thinking riding order wise? Cam at 2 riding with Doyle? Riss and Batch in the engine room and King at 5?

1) Jason Doyle
2) Cameron Heeps 

3) Troy Batchelor    
4) Erik Riss    
5) Danny King     
6) Paul Starke    
7) Anders Rowe    

19 hours ago, ipswichwitches said:

For me, the problem with the number 4 position is heat 14. It can often see a tactical in that heat, so your no. 4 could be up against the opposition 1 and 4 so you need someone to try to cover any ts used

Don't worry, Ipswich won't get 6 points up too often lol!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Despite Batchelor having a poor season at Sheffield, he's still stronger than Riss & Heeps though!

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Despite Batchelor having a poor season at Sheffield, he's still stronger than Riss & Heeps though!

He wasn't just poor

The Rising Star has got to be at no7 & can not be replaced by the other reserve in heat 8(protected).

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

The Rising Star has got to be at no7 & can not be replaced by the other reserve in heat 8(protected).

Not even the Number 8?

28 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not even the Number 8?

Rising Star and no 8 basically are sharing the position. TM declares who is in team 3 days before meeting. 

012.2 TEAM COMPOSITION
A Premiership team’s initial declaration must not exceed 39.00 points for
the top 6 riders.  Rising Star riders will be declared at number 7 and
number 8. 

The declared Rising Stars in positions 7 & 8 are permitted to alternate,
at the Team Managers discretion, meeting by meeting, provided the
opposing team are given a minimum of three days notice.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1