British Speedway Forum

17 hours ago, cuckootoyou said:

There must be a shale shortage in the country as there was nothing at Poole last night either. I was looking forward to the meeting but unfortunately Oxford didn't turn up. Of the Ipswich riders Cam and Batch.were woeful but Danny found some speed thank goodness. One piece of good news was that Danyon scored 7 at Glasgow so could he be in the Witches team sooner rather than later?. 

No harm in having Hume & Rowe share the fixtures, based on who's on the best form!

• Like 1

Heeps has always had an issue with professionalism, desire and commitment since he started with Mildenhall.

Typical case of a really naturally talented rider who doesn't apreciate the talents he has and his issues mentioned above have now caught up with him and hes gone as far as he can I fear?

Batchelor has been up and down form wise for years so was a big gamble.

Rowe is still living off his good start to last season, needs to improve soon.

King needs to ride on the inside if its slick.

Doyle will find it harder than most thinks I suggest, having to readjust to different surfaces.

Riss and Starke are 100% triers who are what they are but will be inconsistant.

Hawkins is only there as a freebie puppet for Louis and doesn't seem the brightest spark in the box, although I can't knock his enthusisam and commitment.

I respect Chris Louis cause he was a top rider and he runs a tight, well organised ship at Foxhall but his team building decisions are baffling at times. Yes he is in it to make a half decent living out of Ipswich speedway but that shouldn't be knocked as this will ensure he will try to do the right thing all the time. Like another poster alluded to he doesn't deliberately build a team that will struggle but maybe he is over influenced by the desire to be sustainable rather than gamble on a winning team which would be well supported.  

I think already at this early stage it looks obvious that changes will have to be made or another poor season looks likely for the Witches.

Edited by 25yearfan
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

Heeps has always had an issue with professionalism, desire and commitment since he started with Mildenhall.

Typical case of a really naturally talented rider who doesn't apreciate the talents he has and his issues mentioned above have now caught up with him and hes gone as far as he can I fear?

Batchelor has been up and down form wise for years so was a big gamble.

Rowe is still living off his good start to last season, needs to improve soon.

King needs to ride on the inside if its slick.

Doyle will find it harder than most thinks I suggest, having to readjust to different surfaces.

Riss and Starke are 100% triers who are what they are but will be inconsistant.

Hawkins is only there as a freebie puppet for Louis and doesn't seem the brightest spark in the box, although I can't knock his enthusisam and commitment.

I respect Chris Louis cause he was a top rider and he runs a tight, well organised ship at Foxhall but his team building decisions are baffling at times. Yes he is in it to make a half decent living out of Ipswich speedway but that shouldn't be knocked as this will ensure he will try to do the right thing all the time. Like another poster alluded to he doesn't deliberately build a team that will struggle but maybe he is over influenced by the desire to be sustainable rather than gamble on a winning team which would be well supported.  

I think already at this early stage it looks obvious that changes will have to be made or another poor season looks likely for the Witches.

Nicely put together that, lets hope the next couple of meetings are more promising....

16 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

What's Ben's handicap?

Sorry I mean average....

I don’t know but as we are 2 points under the limit we can fit him in 

ironically Ben has lost a fair bit of weight over the winter and is riding extremely well so far this season !!!!!

I mentioned Barker to someone this morning. Has to be an improvement on most of the away tracks,, and at least as good at home. 

Nico Covatti   (and before someone says he has said NO to the UK) he is still racing this year and if a PL contract was offered you can be sure he would get a CL spot also

Failing that would Woffy fit and only do home meetings and BV away? 

40 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Nico Covatti   (and before someone says he has said NO to the UK) he is still racing this year and if a PL contract was offered you can be sure he would get a CL spot also

Failing that would Woffy fit and only do home meetings and BV away? 

Riders available potentially following the demise of Vetlanda in the Swedish League :-

Piotr Pawlicki 
Aleksander Loktaev 
Pawel Przedpelski 
Rune Holta (Poland) 

although it is believed Przedpelski is set to join Vastervik to replace unavailable Artem Laguta.

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I don’t know but as we are 2 points under the limit we can fit him in 

ironically Ben has lost a fair bit of weight over the winter and is riding extremely well so far this season !!!!!

18 point maximum for Plymouth last night.

• Like 1

I'm guessing that regulation 012.3 would prevent any immediate team changes.

A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.

Not sure if it's 25% of a teams fixtures or 25% of all league fixtures. if it's a team's fixtures, then our 5th fixture is Thursday 2nd June at home to Kings Lynn. If it's 25% of all fixtures, then it could be any time.

5 minutes ago, ipswichwitches said:

I'm guessing that regulation 012.3 would prevent any immediate team changes.

A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.

Not sure if it's 25% of a teams fixtures or 25% of all league fixtures. if it's a team's fixtures, then our 5th fixture is Thursday 2nd June at home to Kings Lynn. If it's 25% of all fixtures, then it could be any time.

It says 25 percent of league fixtures,,, doesn't say you can't make changes before the league fixtures start. 

As usual,, as clear as mud 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

It says 25 percent of league fixtures,,, doesn't say you can't make changes before the league fixtures start. 

As usual,, as clear as mud 

Good point Baldy

Thinking like a true Speedway administrator :D