British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, tocha said:

Jake Allen isn't on a 28 day contract. It is a short-term contract and he is included in their initial declaration. This is the extract from Belle Vue's website:

'AHEAD of the club’s first team event against Sheffield on Monday, March 28, Belle Vue have signed Australian racer Jake Allen on a short-term contract. 

But surely that is incompatible with the new transfer window rule on no changes before 25% of fixtures completed.

Surely this can't be another new rule that hasn't been properly thought through :nono:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But surely that is incompatible with the new transfer window rule on no changes before 25% of fixtures completed.

Surely this can't be another new rule that hasn't been properly thought through :nono:

Jake Allen's inclusion is not a change to their line-up as prior to this they had only six riders signed. Therefore, he is part of their initial declaration.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 1:17 PM, Falcon1983 said:

Nico Covatti   (and before someone says he has said NO to the UK) he is still racing this year and if a PL contract was offered you can be sure he would get a CL spot also

Failing that would Woffy fit and only do home meetings and BV away? 

Woffy rides in Poland and Denmark and wouldn’t ride in the UK.

2 hours ago, tocha said:

Jake Allen's inclusion is not a change to their line-up as prior to this they had only six riders signed. Therefore, he is part of their initial declaration.

In which case they can't replace him until 25% of fixtures have been ridden.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, arnieg said:

In which case they can't replace him until 25% of fixtures have been ridden.

Correct.

• Haha 1

Can't understand why Ipswich aren't giving Danyon Hume as chance in the team? He outscored Rowe at Leicester on Saturday (Rowe's home track)!

• Like 3

. Now we can see changes can be made before league,,, let's get Barker in,, or Klindt,,, or anyone that improves us 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 2

I’ve been going to foxhall since march 1985 so that’s 36 seasons and I’ve missed less than ten home meetings in all that time. 
normally I might miss a meeting as I’m away on holiday but I never choose to miss a home meeting 

however this Thursday I’m choosing not to go to foxhall. £23 for 15 heats and a likely home defeat. No thanks 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’ve been going to foxhall since march 1985 so that’s 36 seasons and I’ve missed less than ten home meetings in all that time. 
normally I might miss a meeting as I’m away on holiday but I never choose to miss a home meeting 

however this Thursday I’m choosing not to go to foxhall. £23 for 15 heats and a likely home defeat. No thanks 

I started going October 1980....didnt miss a match apart for when i spent year overseas

i choose to not go 5 times last season as it wasnt worth... and like you will be missing thursday through choice.

• Like 2

I never missed a single meeting home or away for 40 years,,, and as some know spannered for a rider in our last glory years, then a few years ago I missed a few,, then last year a few more,, and this year it will be even more,,, looks like even some of the most dedicated fans are now changing their ways 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 2

Even with a strong winning team it's very hard to justify £20 admission especially given the state of UK speedway. 

Bringing in Doyle I can understand the signing of Riss and the resigning King & starke. Possibly even Rowe however Heeps should have been nowhere near the Ipswich team this season. 

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Lets make changes before its too late,, or other teams now realise they can 

Swap deal?

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I brought a season ticket this year for the first time ever because it represented a bit better value than it normally does, but I’m still not bothering with Thursday which is nothing more than a glorified practice session with nothing riding on the result. 

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Lets make changes before its too late,, or other teams now realise they can 

Absolutely agree. Should never have been 2.10 under in the first place. Admit the mistake early and do something about it before the league starts next week. 

Edit: Even more so having just realised it’s Belle Vue visiting next week, a much stronger looking Belle Vue with their change. That looks a home defeat right from the get go!

Edited by Arch Stanton