British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BartoszZmarzlikFan

Premiership Play-Off Ties CONFIRMED

27 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Whatever went on in that meeting has now taken away any reward or advantage to the side who has spent the whole season racing to be top ,  so as to be in a position to choose there path to possibly winning the final and ultimately the title .

Its now an open field for sure

Why have a meeting if this was, probably, their intentions even before Mondays result was known. This could have been done over the phone, live on air Monday night. 

Nice to know that this "Top secret meeting" went ahead without ANY FANS being involved and didnt have a clue what was going on.Surely at least be up front with people and tell them  what you intend to do or maybe do.But maybe this emergency meeting was a result of a promototers pub crawl and this was the end conclusion!!!B)

What a joke.

NBA play-off games get organised within a few days.

I don't see how British Speedway can't operate in the same manner.

This has ruined tomorrow's match against Lynn. Buster will be fuming about the fans who now won't attend a dead rubber.

Possibly in future years (if there are indeed any future years for speedway) we could simplify the process of the play offs.

Rather than waiting until the 'magical cut off date' is reached in September, the 'hastily organised meeting of promoters' should be held immediately the two teams who can't make the play-offs are known (Ipswich/Kings Lynn this season which has been known for weeks).

Then simply use mileage between tracks to set up the semi finals rather than faffing about for weeks to see the finishing order.

This means the play offs could be in August with better weather, bigger crowds.

Scrap any fixtures unridden, saving promoters ££££'s.

Could be a winner for everyone.

Today's announcement is just another reason why no one outside of the sport shows any interest in it. The one 'sport' that genuinely makes it up as it goes along, year after year after year!

• Like 3

If both teams who will finish first and second anyway are in agreement I don't suppose it makes much difference. I wonder  however what the effect on the crowd  Peterborough on Monday will be?   Understand also Lambert riding in lieu of  Pedersen

49 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

For Sheffield a lot depends on Batch and who is guesting at reserve. Batch hasn't got the Kent meetings to fall back on now, so will be interesting to see how he does!

Would be ironic if BV did win when they are not favourites, considering how many times they didn't win when they were!

B/vue were bookies favs at start of the season priced at 9/4 

Maybe Peterborough have messed up thinking about it. If they beat Wolves they will have a final against a team who has previously won there (at their place). They could finish top and go into the final as underdogs! :o:lol:

Edited by lisa-colette

Just now, NSS1 said:

B/vue were bookies favs at start of the season priced at 9/4 

Okay, fair enough. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe Peterborough have messed up thinking about it. If they beat Wolves they will have a final against a team who has previously won there. They could finish top and go into thr final as underdogs! :o:lol:

Agree with that and for once you havnt included the word Poole in your post :t:

46 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't see the fuss. After the latest result Peterborough had v Sheffield I always thought Peterborough was picking Wolves with the 2nd leg at home. 

It makes sense to me anyway.

Peterborough should put away Wolves, Belle Vue will hammer Sheffield. 

Peterborough v Belle Vue, the best final in years for me. The best 2 tracks in the country going head to head, potentially away wins at both tracks, who wouldn't want that as a season finale

I wouldn’t say hammer. BV not been that great at Sheffield, can see Sheffield winning first leg by 6-8 points. BV hopefully should overturn that at home but not a hammering. All depends on Batchelor really. 

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Agree with that and for once you havnt included the word Poole in your post :t:

Well.....

I can always edit it! Hehe ;)

So the promoters decided the qualifying meetings don't matter, more fool anybody who paid to watch the worthless league.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well.....

I can always edit it! Hehe ;)

The P , O ,L & E on your device must be worn off by now good job you remember were each letter is still .

17 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Perhaps we should go back to 1 v 4 and 2 v 3

It doesn’t really matter what gets put in the rule book because they either ignore it or change it.

Nothing set in stone