British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Just got to face it now the signs are that the club is to be no more after this season 

It’s embarrassing and shameful that this is what we’ve got, I’m not knocking riders as they obviously try there hardest too earn money but too turn up at Bellevue with a squad that wouldn’t cut it in the championship top half, it’s just mediocre and unfair on the fans….

fingers crossed if what I’ve been told is true our future is fine 

• Like 1

I've heard Panthers do run next season but we shall wait until it's official 

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

I've heard Panthers do run next season but we shall wait until it's official 

What happens next July when they want to change things at the showground? Is that being delayed? 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

What happens next July when they want to change things at the showground? Is that being delayed? 

They could finish the season at AFA, 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Probably won't happen in July would be my guess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Development of the showground will take years, it’s unlikely we’ll be kicked off straight away, first stage is about 150 houses in a corner of the showground so can’t see we would interfere with them too much and likewise them with us 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

The developers have as I understand it said that the grandstand and the track will be demolished in 2013

Hmmm I’m under the impression that that isn’t necessarily the case, just waiting for someone too jump all over the fact you said 2013 rather than 2023, thankfully I chose not too be an idiot lol

5 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Hmmm I’m under the impression that that isn’t necessarily the case, just waiting for someone too jump all over the fact you said 2013 rather than 2023, thankfully I chose not too be an idiot lol

Yes I meant 2023 !!!  

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

When in 2023 though?!

July 2023 is date developers have said they want to stop the speedway, & remove the track. As other people have suggested, best case scenario could be to start the season at the Showground, & finish it at the bird cage if the developers get their way.

I see Klindt has signed for King's Lynn with another change also due. What's the odds on Lewis Kerr finishing the season with Panthers 

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I see Klindt has signed for King's Lynn with another change also due. What's the odds on Lewis Kerr finishing the season with Panthers 

Jobs for the boys and all that , be interesting with Klindt and Lawson having a gating tart off at Lynn

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

In betting terms probably about 1/7 odds on shot.

Just know we're going end up with whoever gets dumped from KL.

7 minutes ago, Flappy said:

We are the reigning champions what a weak defence 

Has a team ever in 3 consecutive fully completed seasons ever gone bottom to top back to bottom must be a record 

• Like 1