British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

A few Panthers fans seem reluctant to include Ostergaard or Andersen in the team for 2022, not quite sure why because both contributed well to our last two Champions years of 2006 and 2021 and it’s clear they are well liked by both the fans and management.

For what it’s worth I think our side will be little changed for 2022 on the basis why change a team when it’s clearly a winning side, obviously one change has to be made for the retirement of Pedersen but other than that I see little point in unsettling what was clearly a great team that rode well together and clearly gelled from day one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

A few Panthers fans seem reluctant to include Ostergaard or Andersen in the team for 2022, not quite sure why because both contributed well to our last two Champions years of 2006 and 2021 and it’s clear they are well liked by both the fans and management.

For what it’s worth I think our side will be little changed for 2022 on the basis why change a team when it’s clearly a winning side, obviously one change has to be made for the retirement of Pedersen but other than that I see little point in unsettling what was clearly a great team that rode well together and clearly gelled from day one.

I for one would be happy with last years team. I suspect re Ostergaard  however many will be worried about his fitness and the fact that his performance this year was way above expectations and fears it could not be repeated. 

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

I would have them both back out of sentiment however it's going to be a really tough ask for both riders to maintain the 7 point averages imo.

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

They all deserve to be back for sure after this season but all the other premiership teams will be strengthening up and Panthers may need to make some changes to counteract there moves or find themselves lagging behind ,

If Chris Harris was going to Oxford dont think that would of done his cause to many favours if he had told Peterborough of his decision to move on

Ulrich could be a gamble not quite so much his average more his fitness and Hans average was based more on his reserve scores ,  so you can see why there's possible uncertainty, if they keep the same top 5 then Pedersens replacement needs to be the right one with a solid improvement of average required.

Edited by scoobydoo

If they keep that top 5 then there's 4.33 to play with to find this season's Ostergaard.

Ostergaard is a bigger gamble than Hans in my opinion

6 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

It's more the fact that they might both struggle to maintain their averages next season. Our success was having a strong reserve, & keeping the team minus Pedersen will take that advantage away in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, proud panther said:

It's more the fact that they might both struggle to maintain their averages next season. Our success was having a strong reserve, & keeping the team minus Pedersen will take that advantage away in my opinion. 

I don't think that summing up of their success is an opinion. It's a fact very unlikely to be replicated.

It seems from the update in Speedway Star that Panthers are going for the 'Dad's Army' approach again!

One important thing to remember is that the Panthers side accrued a lot of bonus points last year. They are on false averages. Ulrich's actual average for 2021 was 8.04, but his GSA Is only 7.17. This is because he finished 2nd behind a Panthers rider in a 5-1, only 2 points goes on his average.

This is the same for the below.

• Hans - 7.92 average, but only 7.09 GSA
  • Toft - 8.04 average, but only 7.17 GSA
  • Harris - 7.71 average, but only 7.02 GSA
  • Nicholls - 7.56 average, but only 6.71 GSA

I wouldn't mind seeing Ulrich, Hans, Harris, Toft and Nicholls back as a top 5.

It may not be good for the whole league though. British speedway needs to be competitive, otherwise, fans will lose interest.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It seems from the update in Speedway Star that Panthers are going for the 'Dad's Army' approach again!

Wouldn't want it any other way myself, it's just whether signing Ostergaard is a gamble worth taking.  Finding the right replacement for Bjarne will be the deciding factor

Edited by Flappy

13 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

One important thing to remember is that the Panthers side accrued a lot of bonus points last year. They are on false averages. Ulrich's actual average for 2021 was 8.04, but his GSA Is only 7.17. This is because he finished 2nd behind a Panthers rider in a 5-1, only 2 points goes on his average.

This is the same for the below.

• Hans - 7.92 average, but only 7.09 GSA
  • Toft - 8.04 average, but only 7.17 GSA
  • Harris - 7.71 average, but only 7.02 GSA
  • Nicholls - 7.56 average, but only 6.71 GSA

I wouldn't mind seeing Ulrich, Hans, Harris, Toft and Nicholls back as a top 5.

It may not be good for the whole league though. British speedway needs to be competitive, otherwise, fans will lose interest.

So Ulrich and MPT had identical figures ?    or have you included the wrong figures for Ulrich

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

So Ulrich and MPT had identical figures ?    or have you included the wrong figures for Ulrich

Ulrich is 7.09

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Same approach and same result hopefully !!!!   but it doesn't mean the same riders will be playing all the same parts

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Same approach and same result hopefully !!!!   but it doesn't mean the same riders will be playing all the same parts

As I've said many times the below 5 should be nailed on it's those final 2 spots up for discussion. Could Bjarne be tempted by one more year? It wouldn't be the first time a rider has retired and fancied another go.

11.4 or 4.31 depending on the route taken

MPT 

Andersen

Harris 

Nicholls 

Palin 

Edited by Flappy